To Each Their Own...

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 Next »

Chapter 5

The bus pulled up to my bus stop. For the first time in my life I actually wanted to stay on the bus. I didn’t want to go home and face Mrs. Wales. I mean, I adore Mrs. Wales but… it’s just the fact that she seems to be taking my mother’s side that gets me so upset. Would you support a woman who just got up and left her child? I could never forgive her for that. My life could be much different than it is now. I could go on and on about my bubbling hate toward my mother but I won’t. I guess it’s time to face her. It’s now or never.

The door seemed to creak loudly as I opened it.“Sasha? Sasha? Is that you?”

Maybe if I just keep quiet she wouldn’t notice me.

“SASHA! I know you hear me.” I rolled my eyes as I walked toward the kitchen.

“Yes Mrs. Wales, I’m here.” As I continued through the door my eyes caught the sight of the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on. Her skin seemed so smooth and clear, her eyes sparkled with a bright hazel color, and her hair was long and black. I couldn’t peel my eyes off of her million dollar, bright smile. But I knew this could only be one person, and for her beauty I hated her.

“Sasha, my baby. I missed you so much,” my mother exclaimed while walking toward me with open arms. I stood rigid as she came and hugged me. I didn’t even attempt to hug her back. I just scoffed loudly,

“Hello mother.”

I knew she sensed my sarcastic tone and I knew I hurt her by the ways her eyes didn’t hold that sparkle anymore.

“Well, Sasha, we have a whole lot of catching up to do right?”

“Yeah, 16 years of it.”

“I know you must be mad at me-“

“Mad? That’s the understatement of the year. Look I don’t know why you’re here, Mrs. Wales & I are doing just fine without you. I survived without my mother for all these years and I can continue doing it now. I don’t need you any more than I needed you before. If you plan on coming here and ruining my life you have another thing coming,”

I didn’t even notice my voice was raising and my hands were balled in fists, this lady was probably the only person who could get me so upset so fast.

“I’m sorry, you wasted your time, but I don’t want any part of you.”

“SASHA!” Mrs. Wale was getting mad too but I’m pretty sure it wasn’t at my mom.
“Now you apologize right now.”

“For what?”

“NOW!”

“No, Mrs. Wales. No, I’m not apologizing for speaking my mind.”

Mrs. Wales never hit me before but I could tell she was pretty close to it, I’ve never seen her so mad at me.

“It’s alright Ella; I knew she would be upset. I could’ve seen this coming from a mile away. And Sasha,”

She reached out and touched my hand and I flinched, “You don’t know the story about what happened all those years. I love with all my heart and I’m trying to do right by you now. I hope one day you can see that. But if you ever change your mind about seeing me here’s my number and email address. Call me, please. I would love to see you again and again and again. No matter what happened in the past I’m still your mother.”

She gave me her business card and said her goodbyes. The woman that that walked out on my before is doing it again. As soon as the door closed I burst into tears. Mrs. Wales walked toward me and I became stiff again. “Sasha, you know I love you right?”

“Yes, ma’am.”

“So come give me a hug and stop all that crying.”

I laughed dryly at her and gave her a hug. But not even Mrs. Wales could heal the wounds from all those years ago.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Bastille98 said...
Your writing is amazing! I am not kidding. You have such great voice and the way you've developed Sasha's character is really proffessional. Write more, write more!! :)

T-anna replied...
Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:40 am
Thank you so much for that. I really appreciate. You just gave me the motivation to keep writing. ♥