To Each Their Own...

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Chapter 3

"I hate you!"

"Relax, Maria. You can't hate me for that."

"And why not?"

I had to think about this for a minute. I did get to talk to my crush for the first time today. I did get to sit next to him in class. He did act like he liked me too. "You just can't."

Maria rolled her eyes dramatically and grabbed her hamburger. I had to cringe inn disgust as she took a big bite into it. "How do you eat that stuff?"

"The sloppier and greasier the better." For an extra effect, she stuck out her tongue and then took another giant bite. Just as I was about to punch her in the arm, something caught the corner of my eye. Maria must of saw it too,

"There's Jordan," she said wagging her eyebrows.

"I know, I see."

I wanted to wave at him, smile at him, call his name, get his attention, something but I couldn't. Destiny was quicker than I was.

"Jordan! Over here pumpkin."

Jordan looked at Destiny and had a confused look on his face. But there was something else in his eyes, something that I couldn't quite put my finger on. But it looked a little like pity.

"What Destiny?"

"I saved you a seat."

By this time everyone was looking in their direction. I could see the way Destiny's eyes were pleading Jordan to stay. But I prayed that he would ignore it and keep going. I was so close to being with him, I could feel it.

"Destiny," Jordan spoke real slow as if talking to a child, "I was going to sit with Dave and Mike today."

"But ..." Destiny looked so embarrassed I almost felt sorry for her. She sighed, "Alright, tomorrow?"

Jordan smiled slightly and walked away. I was staring so intently at them that I didn't hear anything else. It was as if I was in a movie theater and they were the actors and this was the climax. I wanted to grab some popcorn.

"Sasha? Sasha?"

The voice snatched me out of my daze, "Huh?"

"Do you think that Jordan and Destiny might get back together?"

"What? NO!" I didn't even want to think of that possibility.

"Alright, calm down. No need to get so upset."

The final bell rang for lunch and I picked up my tray, I was saved by the bell I guess. But Maria got me thinking. What if Jordan did get back together with Destiny? Where would that leave me? I already felt so close to him and I needed to get closer. I wanted Destiny out of his mind and I only wanted him to be focused on me.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Bastille98 said...
Your writing is amazing! I am not kidding. You have such great voice and the way you've developed Sasha's character is really proffessional. Write more, write more!! :)

T-anna replied...
Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:40 am
Thank you so much for that. I really appreciate. You just gave me the motivation to keep writing. ♥