New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

To Each Their Own...

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Chapter 1

I honestly couldn't wait until I got my own car. This bus was the worst invention in history. The only thing that made this giant, yellow, smelly, death trap worth it was the sight of Jordan every morning. He was the only person that literally made me lose my breath a little and my heart beat five times faster. He was the definition of drop-dead gorgeous. Look up beautiful in the dictionary and you'd see his name with his million dollar smile right next to it. I could go on and on about his smile, his laugh, everything about him. This could be considered more than a crush, it was borderline obsession. Too bad I would never get to even talk to him with his overprotective girlfriend, Destiny. If you even looked in their direction for more than two seconds she would be ready to rip off your head. Why would he even stay with a girl like that? "Earth to Sasha. Hello, Sasha there?"

I snapped out of my daydream and turned to my best friend, Maria. She was giving me her worried look. "Everything fine. I was just thinking."

"Alright, but you looked that you wanted to beat Destiny to a pulp."

I nervously looked at Maria and laughed. "Me? Beat up Destiny? Ha."

"Are you sure you're OK?"

"Yes!" Why wouldn't Maria just drop this?

"You know I don't believe you, ever since you got on this bus you've been in a weird funk."

I didn't want to talk to Maria about this, but having her nagging me wasn't any better. "It's my mom."

"Ah-ha! I knew it! What happened?"

"Apparently, her maternal radar has gone off and she wants to be the mom she hasn't been in the last 16 years of her life."

Maria started shifting in her seat uncomfortably. She hated when I badmouthed my mom. She was the absolute last person I wanted to talk to about this. " You know what? I feel incredibly better. Thanks for that Maria."

I gritted my teeth as I lied to her just so I could see her smile and relax.

"Do you see what Jordan is wearing today? Goodness, he looks gorgeous."

Is Maria actually asking me if I've noticed him? That's practically my hobby; Jordan-watching. I smiled widely, "Yes, blue is most definitely his color."

I could feel it, this will be my year with Jordan. He looked so bored with Destiny sometimes. He didn't even hold her hand in the hallway anymore. I know he's going to break up with her. But she is so oblivious to it, she's always smiling with Jordan while he grits his teeth. It's so weird how I know him more than anyone knows and I've never even talked to him.

"OMG! He looks like he's having an argument with Destiny!"

My ears immediately perked up and looked to the front of the bus where he was sitting.

"Des, I can't do this anymore..."

He said more but that is all I heard, I knew it. This was going to be my year. The one thing I wanted more than anything just happened. Jordan and Destiny have officially broken up.

Bastille98 said...
Jul. 25, 2012 at 6:48 pm:
Your writing is amazing! I am not kidding. You have such great voice and the way you've developed Sasha's character is really proffessional. Write more, write more!! :)

T-anna replied...
Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:40 am :
Thank you so much for that. I really appreciate. You just gave me the motivation to keep writing. ♥