Im With The Band

Author's note: what inspired me to write this book was my love for music and making it big. also being in a...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: what inspired me to write this book was my love for music and making it big. also being in a band. the hardships and a few fights that might happen.
i hope you guys like this book and think its good  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 Next »

chapter 4:hanging out

Music went by pretty fast, with people complimenting me and such.
When the bell rang for home i jumped out my seat and literally bolted out the doors.
I ran to my locker and grabbed my things then walked out to the parking lot.
I pulled my helmet onto my head then hopped on the bike.
Shoving the keys in the ignition i started humming Evanescence’s 'Bring Me to Life'.
I revved the engine and sped out of the school towards a little cafe that i had passed this morning. Entering the cafe all i could smell was coffee and chocolate. 'Smell like heaven' I thought.
I walked up to the counter, bike helmet under my arm, and ordered a cappuccino and a large choc chip cookie.
While waiting for my 'grub' i found a window seat and situated myself on it.
After five minutes of waiting for food i pulled out my iPod and listened to 'Matter At All' by Kids in Glass Houses.
A band that I personally think rocks. I silently sang the words to myself till a waitress came with my food.
"Sorry for the wait miss, we're just a bit busy today."
I nodded and tucked in like the little piggy i know i am.
When I finished the cookie I decided that I wanted to eat a cupcake. Chocolate to be exact, so I waltzed up to the counter and ordered one. After ordering my food I sat down back at my seat and drunk a bit more of my cappuccino. I can’t just ever get enough of these. In New York I practically inhaled them like they were what I needed to survive. Which in my head I thought to be true.
If you ever wanted to find me then don’t look far away, just mosey on down to the local Starbucks which I might add was on almost every corner and then you’d find me.
It wasn’t that hard.
As I sat down my phone rang.
I picked it up after the third ring.
“Hello?” I asked the other person on the phone- dad.
“Hey honey, how was your first day of school?” he asked.
Like he would ever know. I know he tries hard to be there for me but would it kill him to be there for my birthday, thanksgiving, Groundhog Day? Would it? I don’t think so.
I think he just uses his job as an excuse to not see me as I ‘remind him so much of my mother’.
I don’t even want to think of her. I’m not gonna lie and say she was a hideous toad.
No, she was completely the opposite. Beautiful in every way on the outside. But in the inside she was truly hideous. Even Cinderella’s step-mother was a better mother figure than she ever was.
But I don’t care. She’s the one missing out. I don’t need her.
Back to the phone call/
“I- it was great dad, really great.”
“Did you make any friends?” he asked.
“Yeah I guess, there’s this group I hung out with today, if that’s what you want to call friends.”
“Well, that’s good then honey, um... I have to go, I’ll call you when I can ok?”
“y-yeah,” I replied, trying not to show how hurt I was. The man couldn’t even spend five minutes on the phone with his daughter.
In case he caught on my mood I hung up.
The cupcake was already on my table by the time I was off the phone so I just dug in and drank my drink.
When I looked up I was met with four pairs of eyes.
“Fancy seeing you here m’lady,” tom said feigning a British accent.
“Yup, so what do ya’ll want?” I asked.
Zac feigned hurt and looked up at me wide eyed.
“Why can’t I just sit with you without wanting something?” he asked.
“Because if you did want to sit with me, you wouldn’t have brought cap’n grumps over there” I said pointing at Elijah.
“Anyways, what rode up his backside now?” I asked Brad.
“He just doesn’t like you,” he simply stated.
‘Way to make it not hurt huh brad. You would have the worst luck with females with the way you lack sensitivity’ I thought.
“Way to break it to me gently brad,” I growled.
“Hey, I’m just the messenger, don’t hate on me, it just had to be said but on my defence I don’t hate you, in fact I like you. You seem like a pretty nice chick,” he said while eyeing my cupcake.
“Compliments get you no were pretty boy,” I said as I shoved my cupcake in my mouth, devouring the whole thing.
I chewed it up then swallowed it, almost choking but quickly grabbing Elijah’s orange juice and chugging half down.
He scowled at me and crossed his arms.
“Did I say you could drink it?” he asked, glaring menacingly at me.
“Nope, but never stopped me now did it?” I smirked.
“Damn, girl can eat,” commented brad.
“Whoa, did you think I was like those preppy Blondie Barbie who eat rabbit food and one carrot a day?” I asked, pretending to be really angry with him.
He flinched at my tone and cleared his throat.
“No I’m sorry, I didn’t mean that.”
“good,” I continued,” now if you’ll excuse me, I have to see my friend couch and catch some sleep.”
“Ok see you tomorrow Sky?” asked zac.
“Hmm, not sure about you calling me sky, but I’ll see you tomorrow.”
I walked out and pulled my helmet on. Starting up the bike I headed home.
As soon as I entered through the front door I headed towards the couch and took off my boots.
I picked my boots up and trudged up the stairs where I walked into my room.
I took off my pants and jacket then wiped my make up off.
When I was done with that I pulled on a pair of shorts and some uggs.
I made my way back down the stairs and turned on the fan above the lounge room.
I slumped on the couch, head resting on my pillow pet and turned on TV, where I put the music channel on.
Nothing that interesting was on so I changed it to the movie channel where Dumb and Dumberer was on.
Laying there I watched the movie while thinking of what my life would have been like if I was normal.
I wouldn’t want it to be that way but I just couldn’t help but think of what it could have been.
No having high security things, I would have been In Iowa but no.
We had to move because of dad’s job.
You’d think the man would have chosen an easier job to work in.
When the movie was over I made microwavable Mac’n’ Cheese and ate it in the back yard.
The cool breeze blowing my hair up.
When I was done I placed my empty plate in the dishwasher and left it there.
I checked if all the doors were locked then walked to my bedroom where I instantly fell asleep.
Didn’t know the first day could be so tiring.
“Could be because of that giant ego of yours.” A voice in my head said.
I hate when i talk to myself but it just happens. I guess I’m just weird like that.
The next day waking up was better than the day before.
This time I actually got woken up by the alarm clock at 5:45.
I took a quick shower and got dressed in a pair of black denim short, a red tank top and my black and red Supra Sky tops.
I did my hair and make up the way I usually wear it then walked down stairs with my school supplied.
When I parked at school I got the same reaction as I had the day before but the only difference was the ride I had today.
Today I was in a red Mercedes BENZ.
My baby. I love this car. It actually was my first.
I got it for my 17th. Which is yet to come. But since this is the year I turn 17 I tell people I am. It was an early present since dad couldn’t make it to my birthday. That man needs a parenting book, seriously.
But I guess it’s good that his gone. One day he came home for Christmas and Sean was over.
He pulled me into the other room and tried to have the talk with me.
That was really horrific.
If I ever have to go through that again, I would definitely jump of the big red California Bridge, which I still don’t know the name of.

This book has 3 comments. Post your own now!

CeciliaLee-Anne said...
Mar. 20 at 10:30 pm
Hey guys. Its Cecilia and I'd just like to let you guys know that I'll begin editing and uploading more frequently (ONE OR TWICE A WEEK) and I hope ya'll will like it.

crazy-polish-chick-1 said...
Sept. 9, 2012 at 1:41 am
i want more!!!!! this is probably one of THE coolest bookest i have ever read!!!!! and trust me i have read alot!!!!! please add more its too good not to be finished!!!!! 

darklove38 said...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 12:46 am
im in love with tis book