Im With The Band

Author's note: what inspired me to write this book was my love for music and making it big. also being in a...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: what inspired me to write this book was my love for music and making it big. also being in a band. the hardships and a few fights that might happen.
i hope you guys like this book and think its good  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15

chapter 15:manager and stress

The next day I went to school, a few bags under my eyes. Even though I had prayed the night before, I just couldn’t get to sleep. I still worried over the band.
“Whoa, the bride of Frankenstein in here,” joked Zac.
“Shut it Zac, I couldn’t sleep alright?” I snapped.
“Chill Sky, he was just joking,” said Tom.
“I know, I’ve just not been sleeping well lately.”
“Oh.”

Listening to ‘Set The World On Fire’ by the BLACK VEIL BRIDES, in science I started to get back to my positive state. I thought about it. This isn’t just about winning a competition. This is about the beauty of being in a band. Besides even if we don’t win, we still got a lot of publicity. I bet if we weren’t on a contract then it wouldn’t be a problem for us to go up to Epitaph records and ask them for a deal. Ronnie Radke did post on twitter that he liked our band and that his manager likes our stuff.
‘we’re the rebels and we’re free……now the world belongs to me,” Andy sang through my earphones.
The lunch bell rang and me and the gang practically bolted out of the door and towards ‘Wall Studios’ where Antonio and Sasha work as business partners.
After the long photo shoot we headed home.
Since we were tired, there was no point in going back to school. Besides it was about 15 minutes till the after school bell went.
Though we were tired, we decided that we could use this time to practise.
“Alright guys, I have the Official line up ok?” I told them.
“with the help of E, we have decided that to start off we should do ‘Hello Brooklyn’ BY ALL TIME LOW then continue on with ‘The Great Escape’ by BOYS LIKE GIRLS then we can finish off with ‘Crush’ by PARAMORE. What do you guys think, I mean it’s not as good as heroes but it’s still some pretty good songs and we can tweak them here and there till they sound just like us.”
“I like it,” brad said.
The others agreed so we set on working on them.
The whole week we worked hard, even skipped two days of school just to get everything just right.
Sometimes we would just practise till really late at night and the guys would crash at my place then I’d wake them up the next day and we’d carry on from the night before.
Everything went really well. We added some new riffs and just Monsterised the song to the way we think it would best represent out little band.
Even though me and E were the leader, sometimes we just couldn’t be able to book a gig were we could play different songs.
That’s when it came to me that we needed a manager.
Sean.
He was just three years older than us making him 18 and an adult.
His brother had gone to law school and had taught Sean a lot of things so that Sean could one day be able to get into law.
“Hello?” his voice asked over the phone.
I had talked it through with the others about getting a manager and they didn’t mind having Sean as ours.
“Hey Sean, I got a favour to ask you.”
“Mmk, what is it?” he asked.
“well, do you want to be my band’s manager, the stress is getting to me and E and its two days till the gig and we just need one and I thought since your brother taught you a bit about law and you really wanna come see me then you could live with me,” I rambled.
“Ok, I’ll see you tomorrow night when I get there.”
“WHAT! Really, you’ll do it on such short notice?!” I asked.
“Mhm, my mom was about to kick me out anyways, so I figured, be a manager and come live with you. Easy life for both you AND me.”
“Alright, see you then.”
I smiled as I hung up the phone.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 13 14 15

CeciliaLee-Anne said...
Mar. 20 at 10:30 pm:
Hey guys. Its Cecilia and I'd just like to let you guys know that I'll begin editing and uploading more frequently (ONE OR TWICE A WEEK) and I hope ya'll will like it.

crazy-polish-chick-1 said...
Sept. 9, 2012 at 1:41 am:
i want more!!!!! this is probably one of THE coolest bookest i have ever read!!!!! and trust me i have read alot!!!!! please add more its too good not to be finished!!!!! 

darklove38 said...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 12:46 am:
im in love with tis book