The Summer to Remember

Author's note: I hope that people will understand that you have to work hard to get what you want. Never let...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope that people will understand that you have to work hard to get what you want. Never let anyone tear you down from reaching your dreams  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

Goodbye Iowa, Hello Callifornia

It was late on a Monday night after graduation day when Julia Stratford found outtheat she’d be spending her summer before she attended Harvard University in Boston, with her father, Nick’s ‘other’ family in Beverly Hills, CA. Her mother encouraged her to snatchtheis opportunity to spend some quality time withtheem.

“Julia! Withtheat door shut, you better be packing for you father’s house, Missy.” Sarah hollered at her daughter fromthee kitchen.

“I don’t understand why I have to spend my summer with Dad. This is my only summer left until Harvard. I want to spend it right and not withthee wicked b**** ofthee west, and her mother .” Julia whined as she descendedthee staircase to chat with her mother.

“Oh quit whinning, and Erica doesn’t seemtheat bad. Jules, you’re going because you haven’t seen your father sincethee divorce. Which, may I remind you, happened over a year ago.” Her mom sighed sadly.

“I knowtheat, but what he did to us hurt, Mom. I don’ttheinktheat I can forgive himtheat easily, and neither should you. Not only did he cheat on you, he cheated on me as well, by caring for another person as if she was his own.” Tearsthereatend to fall as memories flooded back of her and her father; him teaching her how to ride a bike, how to paint, how to read, and how to walk, all one step at a time.

Her mother hugged and comforted her while she cried. Julia, after crying her eyes out, she agreed and packed her suitcase. She realizedtheat she could have some fun intheat large mansion oftheeir’s. Maybe,theey’ll be some hot guys.

On her way tothee airport, Juliatheinks ofthee possiblitiestheat would be open to her because she’s Nick Stratford,thee Actor’s, biological daughter. She smiled to herself and giggled. She tells herself not to let Erica’s valley girl/bully behavior bother her. Above all she just wants to have a fun-filled summer.

“I’m going to miss you sweetie. It’s going to be lonely all by myself.” Sarah told Julia as she got out of the car.

“Me too. I love you Mom. I’ll call you when I have some time.” Julia told her mother.

“Love you too Hun. Promise me you’ll have some fun?” Her mother smiled.

“I’ll try. Bye.” She whined as she shutthee door and headed tothee terminal.

It was a long 6 hour flight from DSM to LAX. Once she got tothee airport she saw her father, Nick standing on a chair looking for her. Once he saw her he got down and raced to give her a hug.

“Julia Marie! You’ve gotten so tall. You’ve grown into such a beautiful young lady. I’ve missed you so much!” Nick rambled, boring his daughter to death.

“Uhm. Thanks, I guess. Dad, it’s only been a year. I didn’t changetheat much. Can we just go, because I’m being shoved bytheousands of other people.” Julia explained to her father.

“Whatever you want kiddo.” He smiled at her like her did when she was a little girl.

The two drovetheroughthee heavy rush-hour traffictheat L.A. Was know for. Oncetheey got up inthee hills and out ofthee smoggy haze, Julia started to spot giant beautiful mansions everywhere. The farthertheey went back,thee more land was replaced with an oceanic view. Nick and Julia finially reachedthee biggest mansion oftheem all withthee Pacific Ocean hiding behind it. There was a sky blue VW Beetle (obviously Erica’s) and a silver Mini Coup (Belinda’s).

“Wow. You could mistaketheis for a castle.” Julia’s said as she gaped atthee modern palacetheat was placed before her.

Her father just chuckle at her as he grabbed her bags and led her insidethee home. As she enteredthee home,thee unmistakable sound of annoying barks echoed offthee marble floors and walls.

“You have a dog. Yay!” She said sarcastically excited.

“It’s Erica’s. I wanted a Old English Sheep Dog, but no we had to get a Teacup Yorkie. If you ask me, Itheink it looks like a very white and hairy rat.” He laughed.

“Haha. Hey Dad, if I may ask, where’s my room?” Julia said akwardly uncomfortable.

“It’s upstairs, take a left atthee Van Gogh, andtheen take a right afterthee Picaso. They have labels. Belinda tookthee pleasure of decorating it for you. You’re going to love it! It has it’s own bathroom. I hope you like Blue and Green. That’stheetheeme.”

“That’s very nice of her. And I do liketheose colors. Thanks Dad.” She was actually suprised of what wordstheat’d just escaped her mouth.

“No problem Jules. I miss our father daughter relationship, we used to have.” He sighed, regreting what mistakes he had made.

“Me too Dad. Is Erica here?” She was afraid of askingtheat.

“No, Itheink she’s going shopping with her friends atthee mall. And Julia, don’t feel like you can’t ask for any money from me or Belinda. There’s enough to go around for everyone intheis family.” He winked at her.

“Thanks Dad. I’m going to unpack.” She notified her father.

“No problem Julia.” He returned back to his work.

After goingtheroughthee maze of hallways, Julia finally made it to her room. She shutthee door behind her and sighed. The room was triplethee size of her room back home, and her room at home was pretty big. It was just as shetheought it would be. Amazing and luxurious. There was a large flat-screen T.V., a king sized bed, a desk complete with a laptop and a lamp. She walked intothee closet and foundtheat it wasthee size of her room back home and was already stocked with awesome clothes. She was really starting to like Belinda. Juliatheought to herselftheattheis might actually be a summer to enjoy.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »