Cirque Du someday

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 Next »

Rose peddles, And snow cones

As soon as I knew it, I was fast asleep. I woke up and looked at my clock. It was 7am. Thank God we had the day off from school because the teachers were striking. At least they get paid to go to school AND PUT US THROUGH TORTURE. Well I really wouldn’t be disappointed if it lasted forever. I got up and did my daily hair and makeup routine and made sure I was perfect this morning, because that’s all I wanted for today to be, Perfect. Even more perfect then the night before.
I came down stairs wearing a new shirt and acid washed shorts. I grabbed an apple and decided to go down to the beach. Sitting on the white sand and soaking the morning sun in and the fresh salt water spraying on my face I was imagining me back on the stage. My cell phone rang. It was Viola, “hey” her voice sounded shaky. “Hey Viola what’s up?”... There was a pause, “hello Viola? Are you there?”, “Zoe I’m pregnant.”, “What?! Whose baby is it? Are you going to keep it?”. “It’s Cody’s... and I haven’t talked to him yet, he doesn’t even know, I don’t even know what to do, if I should keep it or not, this is just way too crazy!”. “Viola, Cody told me he didn’t sleep with you the night we toilet papered his house... and then tried to kiss me.”. “Well obviously he did. I don’t just sleep with random guys, who do you believe? Him or me?”, “I don’t know Viola, I’m confused as well... do you want me to come over?”, “I’m having another party tonight. And I think I’m going to break the news to Cody, just so it’s less awkward getting together with him alone. And he probably wouldn’t even be willing to hang out with me if it wasn’t a party environment, but anyways I got to sort things out. The party starts at 7:00pm you better be there its formal so wear the beautiful black dress I bought you, and wear a pair of hot heals!” without even being able to answer she hung up the phone, I am so confused right now. I’m being told two different things by two different people I trust, Should I really trust them?

All of a sudden the door bell rang. Well so much for that relaxing morning on the beach. I opened the door and there was a pile of rose peddles on the ground, and arrows pointing to Zac’s car. He smiled and waved. I shouted “I’m just going to grab my bag” He put both thumbs up and I ran up the stairs on all fours, into my room and grabbed my backpack made out of jeans, and sprayed a few sprits on perfume on myself running down the stairs and slamming the door on my way out, Everyone was still in bed so I left a note on the table saying I would be gone for the day. I jumped into the old jeep and off we went, on another crazy adventure.

20

Driving down the highway with the roof down the wind was blowing in my hair and the radio cranked. We were singing at the top of our lungs, I bet anyone who saw us thought we were on drugs. We had been driving for around half an hour along the coast; it was so beautiful just something about that moment made me feel so happy inside. I turned to Zac and looked at him and he turned his head and looked at me and smiled. Oh boy that smile made me melt over and over again. He swerved the car and then focused on the road again both of us laughing. He took the next exit and pulled into a parking lot. Here we are. He put the jeep into park, “wait here”. He Ran around the car and opened my door, grabbing my hand for support as If I where the Queen. “Thank you, peasant” I snarled acting as bratty princess. Both of us were laughing. We walked to the beach and he grabbed my hand. My heart started beating a thousand miles an hour, I pulled him closer. “Welcome to the best place on earth”, “I thought we were going for snow cones?” “That’s for after, were going surfing first!”... “Surfing, you’re joking right?” “Of course not! Common let’s get going!” I was thinking of an excuse to refrain myself from majorly embarrassing myself, not on my first official date with Zac. “I don’t have a swim suit! I can’t get in the water in my clothes!”. “Lucky for us, my parents own the surf shack here, so we get dibs on wet suits and boards!” He grabbed a handful of keys out of his back pocket and took the lock of the front door of the multi coloured surf shack, “The girls change room is in the back, I’ll see you out there rock star!” He winked, and ran towards the water.
After fussing over my hair and trying to make everything perfect it was all to be washed away. I’m going to fall, on my face, and embarrass myself somehow. I’m terrible on my feet. I bet he’s expecting some amazing surfer out of me.
I slipped on the black and blue full body wet suit and walked out of the change room, looking out onto the horizon there was Zac riding the waves like some pro surfer that you would only see on TV. I turned to my left and saw a pink surfboard with a note taped onto it saying ‘see you out there cutie!” I ripped the note off and stacked the surfboard on top of my head. Walking there taking as much time away from this soon to be embarrassing surf lesson, my toes reached the water. Entering the cold water I knew that it was to be quite the painful experience. I laid on the board and started paddling into the deep ocean. After what it seemed like an hour of paddling. I reached Zac, “so I hope you know that I have never done this in my entire life right”, “Yeah I assumed. You should have seen your face when I broke you the news, you looked like a frog.” He laughed, I didn’t see any humour in the comment, “Look I’m sorry for that comment, it was totally out of context. But anyone who comes to California must go surfing. Trust me”, “it’s okay, I just don’t want to look like a major fool when you see me bail...” It went silent; I could tell he was in the zone. “There! A smallish wave is coming in. Just pop up onto the board and keep your balance. If anything goes wrong jump off the board and call for me, I’ll come save you.” He smiled. The wave was right behind me, I was paddling as fast as I could. I jumped up on two feet and rode the wave in. I hear him yelling “Look at that natural!”
21
Time had flown by so fast. It really was amazing, and turns out I didn’t completely embarrass myself. Besides the few times I fell off. Zac and I were laying on our boards looking at the sky, “you know Zoe, I think it was fate that made us meet, I really have never met anyone like you. You’re beautiful, funny, and smart. Even though it’s only been like what? 24 hours? I can already feel myself falling for you.” “I feel the same way, you know. I don’t know what brought us together, but I owe you my life. Because you kind of saved it.” I smiled and looked into his eyes. We both leaned in to kiss each other but fell off out board into the water. I screamed and we both laughed. I put my arm over the board to keep my head out of the water, he swam over and put both of his arms under mine, and grabbed the board behind me and passionately kiss me. It was silent. But the moment was perfect. “I can feel your heart beat” he laughed. “Yeah well it’s all thanks to you, anyways. I’m glad this is the first time you’ve heard it. Every time I’m with you I can’t control it.” We both smiled. “I think it’s about time we head in. I can’t feel my toes” he said. We both paddled into shore.
After the long excursion we reached the shore. “Hey I’ll be right back. Don’t move!” I sat waiting wondering what was to happen next. Then Zac came out with a blanket and 2 cones filled with ice. “Here you go!” he placed one of the cold cones in my hand. “What exactly are these?” putting the blanket around me and jumping down next to me. “You really can’t figure it out? The cone? The ‘snow’ on top?”. “Oh ahaha it’s a snow cone!” I said stupidly. “Well I didn’t know that they would be... blue green and red? That’s so random! Where in the world did these come from anyways?” “We have a machine in the surf shop”. “Oh okay, I see now. So are you the professional surfer that makes the best snow cones in California or what?” We both laughed, Zac put his arm around me and the moment reminded me of the night we first kissed. “Hey do you have the time? “Yeah its 6:44pm, why?” Jumping up as fast as I could. “Oh shoot! I’m supposed be somewhere fifteen minutes, and I’m covered in salt and sand!” “it’s okay ill get you home as soon as possible. Do you want me to drop you off?”, “yes oh my goodness that would be fantastic.” Kissing him as fast as I could and running back to the jeep.
The ride back to my house was filled with laughter, And mimicking cartoon characters. We reached my house and I ran as fast as I could into the shower. I got up and applied my makeup as fast as I could; slipping on the little black dress that Viola had bought me. Combing my hair on the way down the wet locks would soon turn into curls. Thank God Aunt Rhonda has the same size foot as me. I came across a pair of ruby red heals I was attempting to run back into the jeep in. “okay where exactly are you going dressed like that, This is not fair to me to have you look so hot and not be with me” With his jaw looking like it was about to fall off I kissed him. “Pick me around 10, and you’ll get me for the rest of the night!”, Giving Zac all the right directions to Viola’s house, after finally getting there and being 30 minutes late I jumped of Zac’s old jeep and he threw me my purse, running in. I turned around and ran back to the jeep and gave him a kiss. “I better see you later miss!” I took off my shoes and ran to Viola’s door. I then put the shoes back on and knocked vigorously on the door. Someone answered that I had never met before. “Hi”.