For Longer or No Longer

Author's note: This was a story written for a school asignment.
Author's note: This was a story written for a school asignment.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6

Chapter 6

“ISABEL!” I turned and saw Sam heading right toward me. He grabbed my good arm and we dove into the water. I couldn’t swim very fast because of my arm so I depended on my feet to help me move fast enough. Sam pulled me along too which helped a little. We swam until we reached to the sandbar. Sam turned and saw that the tiger had followed us halfway then stopped and turned back.
I fell back on to the sandbar with Sam next to me. We had just escaped death and the Police were to blame. They said on the news just last night that they had found both of the tigers and that the city was safe. I glanced over in Sam’s direction and saw his legs were all scraped up, his shirt was torn, and he had burses all over. I looked at myself and saw that my arm left arm was still bleeding badly (clearly broken, too) and my legs were scraped. Sam started to speak.
“We need to find help.”
“Yeah, we do.” I said. We both slowly sat up and looked around. We could see the highway in the distances and we started yelling for help.
“SAM, ISABEL!” I turned and saw my parents standing on the other end of the beach. My dad took out his cell phone and dialed 911. Finally, some safety I could live with.
The ambulance’s loud flashing sirens went off as we sat in the ambulance. One of the paramedics was fixing my arm and the other was looking at Sam’s wounds. I saw an Animal Control and Rescue truck drive past me escorted by some police cars. My Mom and Dad had already gotten the rental car and parked it on the side of the road. Sam looked at me and smiled, I smiled back because I had a feeling things would be different between us after this. Carefully the paramedic helped me up and then my brother. The two of us walked to the car and climbed in slowly. I buckled my seat belt and closed my eyes.
I started to dream and think but nothing made any sense. Then SHOCK, SHOCK, a sharp and stabbing pain in my chest. I felt as if my heart was being pulled out. There was a faint beeping noise and flashes of bright lights. I opened my eyes.
Where am I?
What just happened?
Am I in the hospital?
Did I just dream everything? People were swarmed all around me, medical equipment was everywhere, and blood was everywhere. Wait a minute, two seconds ago I was on my way back to the Hotel. Now I’m in the hospital? Out of the corner of my eye I could see Sam standing there. Bloody, scared, broken, and screaming with tears streaming down his cheeks. Then black. Everything went black, no noise, no people, just darkness. Flash, Flash. Images flowed into my mind. Images of events that had happened earlier in the week. I saw the news report, Sam, my parents, Mr. Pickleberry, being chased by King Simon. Quickly, I saw when Sam had saved me by throwing the heavy rocks on the tiger. Swiftly the picture switched I was throwing the rocks on the tiger, but wait he turns around and now I’m pinned to the ground and I’m King Simon’s target. All was starting to make sense to me now. What I thought had happened was actually a lie. The exact opposite had occurred today. I had not escaped fate, it was Sam and I had saved him.
I was a hero, but now, I was no longer.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6