The tallest Peak

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

1.

September 2nd
This is the absolute 100% real journal of Anya Garrett. My mom got me it for my 13th birthday since I am apparently an “aspiring writer” whatever that means. But I really like it. It’s true, I do love to write. And sometimes I don’t even think about what I am actually writing about. Like last week, I got really pissed at my mom and I wrote down this icky poem about her and she found it. Yeah, so maybe that’s why she got me this journal. To keep my anger to myself. Or maybe to actually keep it away to little twin pests-of-brothers who always steal things out of your bedroom.
Anyways, my mom also surprised me with this other present. THREE NEW PEN PALS. I am not sure how to exactly explain to them about what’s happening to dad, but that’s what mom wants me to do. Plus cleaning my room and walking Coco, are germen shepard.
Ok, maybe my mom is a little controlling at times. But since Dad got sick, I think she is just a little overprotective. Simon and Remi don’t seem to notice. They are to busy picking their noses and eating bugs like regular eight year olds. Oh yeah, totally regular.
Nevermind them. I just really miss my sister. She just started college and is all the way across the country.
Well, I have to go
Love, ANYA

UNO
I really don’t know what to write about. At all. So, I guess I had a soccer game on Monday. We won 6 to 4. I played goalie for the first half and then switched me out for Olivia which was stupid because she let the other team score 4 goals. But I still scored two against team thunder. Woohoo!
So should I have put the date at the top? Ok, I guess I am really not good at this. In fact, why am I actually writing in this stupid journal? I mean it was just a stupid prank for all I care. My best friend Jim made me get some pen pals too. ‘Only for a year’ he said. Yeah! A year is a super long time. Especially being in eighth grade! And being invited to join the high school soccer team! I was the only one! Now… for the first letter.

September 2nd
My acting coach says that this is good for getting into character. I mean, I do journal, but never actually write to people. Some stuff is just to private!
My voice teacher says that I need to practice singing my choir songs everyday for the next year. And she gives me assignments each week.
This week, I have to write a song. It has to be short and only two parts. ITS IMPOSSIBLE! My BFF Katy is helping me but its really hard. On top of that, I have to practice my lines for the play since I did get the lead role and concert choir! How can I handle all of that?
Yet another reason I am writing to pen pals. I got their names and addresses plus some information on them today. There is Anya, Ricky, and Cora who apparently likes music like I do! And, Anya is a good writer. Maybe she can help me write the song! Ooh! Good idea on my part!
Well, drama starts in an hour so I should probably write this letter!
Though we will part, thall shall see you again!
-Jennifer

ENTRY #1
I don’t approve of this. Not one teeny tiny tidbit! But no, Mr. Fale does not want to his students to give their opinions. Oh no, he will just send them to the stupid principals office like he did to me. And that is why I am grounded in my room where I have to write in this stupid journal and write to these stupid pen pals. Who cares about Jennifer or a weird name like ricky? UGH! I can’t believe my life write now. I can’t even practice with my band anymore!!!!!!! They are going to hate me for life! Especially since I have to miss the talent show, where we were going to perform our own song: moonlight. BUT NO! Apparently, my aunt and uncle think its better for me to expand my friendship then to become a musical legend at my school. They keep telling me: ‘you are soooo important cora!’ Then why am I still writing this. Well, I better get this obnoxious letter over with.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

KmeepIsTheOneThatMeeps said...
Apr. 12, 2013 at 6:57 am
I really enjoyed reading this, but the end confused me the way it dropped off.