Blood in the Dust

Author's note: I want people to enjoy this book and take from it that anything is possible.
Author's note: I want people to enjoy this book and take from it that anything is possible.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Prologue

I simply despise the sun. Where I live in Israel there is certainly no shortage of that. Ever since I was little, and I didn’t have to wear a cursed head dress, Mama has warned me about the sun. She says, “Now Ziva dearest you mustn’t let your skin see the light or you will never find a man who wants you.”
I have never seemed to have trouble with finding men who want me. Ever since I was a child I have had men from the age of six to sixty chasing after me and pouring flattery onto my Baba. At least that was when my Baba was the most reprised man in all of Israel. But now we live in the slums, the worst part of Israel all because of those stupid birds. My Baba is a terrible gambler and he loves ostrich races. Add the two together and you have bankruptcy just waiting to strike. And big surprise, it did. So now I went from princess to pauper in a matter of weeks.

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 7:31 am:
good job!! i really liked it!! you're gifted!! :)

Sydney46 replied...
May 2, 2012 at 8:56 am :
Thanks :) im glad you liked it!

ShadowKeeper said...
OMG! i was captivated from beginning to end loved every minute of it!

loveshortstuff11 said...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 9:08 am:
I love your book! Can't wait to see what happens  next

Sydney46 replied...
Sept. 30, 2011 at 5:26 pm :
Thanks for commenting on my story! It gets better from here! You just made my day :)

loveshortstuff11 replied...
Oct. 5, 2011 at 9:19 pm :
Yay!!!! That's awesome!

Sydney46 replied...
Oct. 9, 2011 at 10:35 pm :
:) Your book is awesome too!!!

Sydney46 said...
Hope everybody likes it!! Don't worry this isnt the end of the story... there's more! :)