Yellow Shoes

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 Next »

Miss Kelly

"Hello?" I'd forgotten I had the phone pressed to my ear. I recognized the gentle voice of Kelly Brooks. She was the closest thing I had to a mother.

"Hi, Miss Kelly."

"Um, who is this?"

"I'm sorry, I tried to tell Taylor not to kiss me. You had told her it wasn't appropriate for 7 year olds."

There was a pause, then a gasp.

"Will?!"

"Yes mam." I said,

"Oh my gosh! I haven't heard from you since you moved to California! How are you why are you calling is everything ok how's the job we miss you!"

I smiled, only Miss Kelly could combine four questions and a statement into one sentence and make it seem ok.

"I'm good Miss Kelly."

"Oh please, just Kelly, you aren't 14 anymore!"

"I was actually calling to check up on Taylor, she's still in France, right?" It had just occurred to me that she might have moved.

"Yes I got an email from her about a week ago with a picture of her and her-"
Her words were drowned in static, my international service wasn't that great. What was she going to say? 'Her and her boyfriend?' husband?"

"Hello?" I heard her repeat.

"Yeah I'm here sorry my overseas calling is really bad."

"Oh it's alright, I was just saying that Taylor messaged me recently with a picture of here and her new dog, Scamp."

I chuckled.

"That's good Kelly, do you know her exact address? I was thinking about seeing her."

"You're in Chamounix?! You are full of surprises son! Of course let me just dig it up, you know how bad I am with computers. You know she talks about you a lot. She had this boyfriend, and things didn't work out, and she called me sobbing, and you know what she said? She said 'I wish Will was here. Will Barrios, he was a good guy. He was just there for me, always.'"

I couldn't believe my ears, she had thought of me! Just as soon as I got the address and gotten in my car, I said my goodbyes to Kelly.

"Good luck!" Were her last words as I hung up and entered the address into the GPS. I was only a few minutes away, Chamounix was a small town.

I pulled up to a huge house that looked more like a lodge. Taylor must have done well for herself. I walked up to the door and just as I noticed there was no doorbell, a man opened the door. My heart sunk.

"Sorry buddy, didn't see ya." He said to me. A redheaded teenage girl followed him, her eyes fixated on her phone.

"Do you live here?" I asked the man. He turned, he was American, he had a New Orleans jacket on.

"Yes, can I help you?"

"Well, I'm looking for someone who used to live in this house, Taylor-"

"House? This is a summer resort, but during the winter owners just let out their rooms."

I tried to open the doors but they were locked.

"You need a code to get in, do you know someone who lives here?"

"Yes, Taylor Brooks."

"Oh I know Taylor, she's number 6 on the intercom system."

"Thank you so much."

"No problem, buddy."

I walked over to the panel of numbers and pressed 6. It buzzed for a while then I heard her. She spoke something in French, and he knew a little French, and apparently she thought he was someone named Ariadne. He smiled, he even missed her voice.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Ummmm no name said...
This is a good book this is someone from ela by the way

boomshakedrop said...
This story is absolutely amazing! You will definitely become a famous writer, my friend:)