Notice: Undefined variable: exists in /home/teenink-site/web/content/plus/includes/Class/WorkBook.cls.php on line 366 Yellow Shoes | Teen Realistic Fiction | Teen Ink

Yellow Shoes

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Next »

The Girl

"Now that's a nice smile, I didn't think I'd ever see that." Arthur said.

"Are they that bad?" Arthur sat in thought for a little, then screamed.

"BY GOD YES THEY ARE!" I tried to keep my mouth shut and not smile as Arthur laughed. "So tell me about this girl, I know she's special, it's obvious. Why her?."

"That Arty," I had actually said Arty. "is something that's hard to explain. She's the kind of woman that you think she isn't even real. But at the same time, you know she's the most real thing in your world." Arthur smiled.

"What's her name?"

"Taylor Brooks." I said it with a smile.

"Nice name."

I chuckled.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"Well this one time, a guy got her name wrong and said 'Taylor Bronks'. and..." I didn't even finish the story, I started laughing so much. I see now that I must have looked insane to Arthur, but I didn't care, he was insane too. But I thought of Taylor. She was one in a million. She had gotten so mad at that guy for getting her last name wrong that she had gotten all red in the face and what was even worse was that she tried to hide it. The guy that had said 'Bronks' had known Taylor for three years, and that's why she had gotten so mad. But I had been laughing so hard because she had slapped him the next day at school and said he should learn the last name of a girl he'd sat next to in biology an hour a day for a year.

"You okay there buddy?" I was still grinning.

"Yeah, and by the way this was in high school."

"So how long have you known her?"

"Since second grade, and we went to different colleges but still kept in touch."

"And was she one of the 'popular people'?" He said it like some rich stuck up gentleman.

"Well not really, but she never wanted to be. I mean she knew everyone and everyone knew her, but they never really talked or hung out besides classes."

"And how did you meet her in second grade?"

"Lunch."

"Lunch?"

"Yeah, she was sitting at a table with a bunch of drug addicts, not talking to anyone, and at the time not really knowing anyone, so I went over and said she was sitting on gum and that made her get up. Then I brought her over to an empty table and explained that those kids were probably high at the moment."

"Bold move. Now would you consider yourself popular?"

"I guess so, I couldn't really say."

"And what's this Taylor look like?" Arthur wasn't afraid to get real personal real fast.

"Brown hair, beautiful green eyes, tan skin, medium height. Sort of the perfect height, she would always fit perfectly in my arms when we hugged, or when I would comfort her if she was sad. Or when she would always be there for me."

"She sounds lovely." The man said with a smile.

"Yeah, you know all the love songs? That say that all the sweet sappy stuff?"

"Of course."

"Well it's like, whenever I see Taylor, one of those songs should be playing. And it feels like most of the times we're together, it's like something in a romantic movie."

Ummmm no name said...
This is a good book this is someone from ela by the way

boomshakedrop said...
This story is absolutely amazing! You will definitely become a famous writer, my friend:)