Yellow Shoes

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Judgment

"Listen pal I don't have money."

"Good, because I have too much of it." There was a very long pause. It started getting very uncomfortable until the man started laughing. And when I say laughing, I mean he laughed as if he was about to have a heart attack. And he looked to be in his late 50's or so, so I did worry a little

"Oh, son," in between laughs he said, "I don't ask for money." He limped over and...wait, he was limping. I remember noticing this but not caring. Gosh I was so mean to him.

"Please don't sit so close sir, you stink." I said.

"I might say the same." He started his insane laugh again.

"I swear I'll call the cops. Leave." I pointed to the door.

"Cops? Boy this ain't one of your Hollywood movies, you're an American and I'll call the Scotland Yard if you don't put your shoes back on." I couldn't tell if he was serious or not, but the snow had increased to a raging blizzard, so I wasn't leaving, and apparently neither was he. The man followed my gaze towards the door, and could tell what I was thinking.

"Well doesn't look like either of us is leaving now does it? Ah well, we can have a nice chat." He smiled.

"I would rather wait in the freezing snow and freeze to death then engage in conversation with a homeless man."

"Be my guest." He waved his hand at the door. I just glared at him. Soon I picked up my stuff and moved to the second bench, right next to the first one. I picked up a newspaper from the rack and started reading, trying to forget about the man. The news had lots to report, as always, it looked like my favorite basketball team had lost again, of course. And that actor was on drugs...figured. There was a horrible tornado in-

"Is that a comfortable jacket?" The man was still alive.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Ummmm no name said...
This is a good book this is someone from ela by the way

boomshakedrop said...
This story is absolutely amazing! You will definitely become a famous writer, my friend:)