Yellow Shoes

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Delayed

(intercom) the train from London to Nottingham will be delayed due to weather.

"Oh come on! If the country was run like this station everyone would be at war!" I angrily yelled at the intercom. I was aware of the people staring at me, but at the time I didn't care. I realize know of course I was acting like a complete jerk and idiot, but at the time all I was thinking about was my meeting. It was going to determine whether or not the company I worked for got a huge multimillion dollar deal. And also got me a promotion. But I didn't even have to be there for it to commence. I was merely invited to listen in and speak up if I had opinions. If my opinion were good, then good things happened for me. I guess I was just thinking that I was finally going to be at something important in my company, finally going to matter, and now the chance was gone.

"I'll never move up to VP." I murmured. I went and bought a coffee then went outside to the blinding snow. There was a small glass room with two benches inside it. No one was in it so I went through the door and closed it and sat down. At the time I'd thought that no one would be stupid enough to come outside in the snow, just to come into this outdoor glass room. So I took off my jacket, since the room was heated, and set down my coffee and kicked off my shoes. I lay down with my head on my jacket as a pillow, sipping on my coffee. Just as my eyes were slowly shutting, I heard, "Wow you're feet stink." I sat up and looked at the door. Great, a homeless guy. A black man dressed in a ripped and highly dirtied jacket, an equally ripped and dirtied backpack slung over one shoulder, a big gray beard, black pants, and shoes that stood out the most. They were like Swiss cheese, yellow with holes.

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Ummmm no name said...
This is a good book this is someone from ela by the way

boomshakedrop said...
This story is absolutely amazing! You will definitely become a famous writer, my friend:)