You and I

Author's note: This issue seems to come up in high school all the time. There isn't a day when a friend won't...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: This issue seems to come up in high school all the time. There isn't a day when a friend won't talk about his or her issue regarding this topic. Whether they are currently harboring these bittersweet secrets or not, it's a topic that people can relate to.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

The Proof

The first few weeks of school passed. It was wonderful. I was with my friends, I was with him. We were all happy and wonderful. It was a great time. All those feelings of doubt I had in my head all summer, had disappeared.
Then the sophomore welcome dance came around. It was a very casual dance, it was more like to have fun and enjoy ourselves. During certain songs, I had gone off and chilled with some of my other friends. But through the corner of my eyes, I knew where my mind was set. It was set on him. And from those same eyes, I saw him laughing and dancing and going crazy. He had a friend with him too.
I couldn’t tell if I was jealous. I couldn’t understand what I was feeling. I didn’t know how I would react to what was about to come at me. But during other songs, we danced together. We had more great moments to add to our list of good times. And then all my other thoughts had just drifted away.

Two days had passed since the dance. We were all in math class, but our teacher was absent that day. Of course, our teacher’s absence meant that we would all sit wherever we desired to sit. I sat next to him. He seemed rather excited. He seemed like he was about to burst out in happiness.
“Clearly you have something you want to share.”
“Guess what?!” I recognized this tone in his voice. I knew where this was headed. But I couldn’t believe it.
“What?” I tried my best to match his tone
“Okay, so remember that dance we had two days ago. Well this girl and I danced to one of the songs. It was really great. And I think she really likes me. I think I’m going to make my move.” I hated it. I hated how he had to end what he had to say. It meant that I would have to answer him. I wasn’t given enough time to answer him. How would I answer him.
I didn’t want to answer him. I was devastated. I was disappointed. Talk about major leading on. Everything was on the line here. A friendship of many years. A trust. A future.
So I didn’t answer him. Instead I started working on proving a geometry problem. To make myself look busy, I asked my friend to the left of me, how she proved the problem. She looked at me, and she said that she couldn’t prove it, not even with all the theorems. It just wasn’t possible to prove. I tried to hide the embarrassment in my cheeks from what he had told me, by trying to find some theorem to prove the problem. But even I couldn’t prove it. It was impossible.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4

LehaAngel said...
Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:27 am:
I love the was the way the story flows and the mix of things.its realistic and even though it seems very common I think of it as traditional and there are elements brought out in the book that are definitive refreshing

disney000 said...
Feb. 17, 2013 at 11:13 pm:
I really liked how the beginning flowed with the way that the character was thinking. It really felt real and I'm sure we all can relate to the topic of the book.

leekay said...
Jul. 12, 2012 at 11:28 am:
felt very real, as if i was among someone's inner, personal thoughts.

SonjaRenaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Really Nice!!! A mix of things that kept me on edge! I loved it :D It would be great if you could check out my work! Any comments or ratings would be very appreciated!!

LBKTD replied...
Dec. 12, 2011 at 3:46 pm :
yeah very suspenseful

samirababy said...
loving it!

applejax replied...
Dec. 6, 2011 at 7:05 pm :
i agree definitely

razorbeam300 said...
I read it and I like it. The dialogue in the phone call was a little confusing, but it was still understandable and felt like a real conversation. I liked this story over all, it felt like I was reading someone's journal and that was cool.

ani70 replied...
Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:51 pm :
haha thank you for your comment! yes, in my recent story, I have definitely worked on the dialogue. can't wait to post my new story. but yeah. thank you!

razorbeam300 said...

RoxSarah said...
pretty good!

ani70 replied...
Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:52 pm :
thank you!

JimmyS456 said...
Nov. 12, 2011 at 10:47 am:
nice job! keep it up

ani70 replied...
Nov. 28, 2011 at 2:53 pm :
thanks I will definitely do that

emily said...
Aug. 23, 2011 at 11:05 am:
really good i like the ending

ani70 replied...
Aug. 25, 2011 at 10:32 am :
glad to know! thank you!

abk_khn said...
good stuff!

ani70 replied...
Aug. 19, 2011 at 5:52 pm :
thank you!

kiwiiiiii said...
nice story!!!!! write more plz

ani70 replied...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:26 am :
thanks! i most defninitely will.