Becoming Casey

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

Prolouge

I feel tired and aggravated. That is not a good combination to wake up with.
Tired because I only got three hours of sleep, and aggravated because I know it wasn't even worth it.
Today I have a killer test in AP Algebra, so I spent the night cramming. But as soon as I wake up, I feel all the formulas and equations fly out my head. I have no idea why I decided to take AP math. Any smart person would choose easy courses for junior year. But not me.
I climb out of the bed, immediately yearning for the warmth of my covers. The alarm goes off five seconds later, and I take and toss it across the room.
"Casey?" my mom calls out, already downstairs making breakfast. "What was that?"
I don't answer her, still a bit fuzzy headed and disoriented.
"Cassandra LeAnn Andrews!" she shouts, using my full name, an annoyed tone creeping into her voice too. Someone's cranky.
"Sorry mom, I dropped something," I say, standing up. I stumble into the bathroom across the hall. I'm angered to find that my younger sister, Miranda, is already inside. For an eighth grader, she's meticulous about how she looks. She spends hours styling her long curly blond hair, until it's stick straight. She then spends some more time applying make up to her already pretty face. I don't know why she bothers. She's adorable enough without it. But, she's apart of the 'popular' crowd at her junior high school. It kind of sucks to know that my little sister is 'one of them'.
Me, I just take a shower, run a brush through my curly hair, which happens to be brown, and find decent clothes. Then, I'm out the door. I don't leave sloppy. I just don't put so much time into it.
"Miranda, hurry up!" I yell, knocking on the door. She ignores me, and begins to hum loudly. I sigh, knowing she won't come out until she's done. I trudge downstairs, trying to suppress a yawn.
"Hey mom," I say. My mom is already dressed. She's a professor at the local college, like my dad, who's a professor at the college across town. That's why he's not here. He has to leave pretty early.
I look at my mom, and see that she's staring at me. Her brown hair is piled into a slick bun. Her gray eyes, which I have too, sparkle.
"Honey, do you want to go out for ice cream later?" she asks sweetly, handing me a plate of bacon. I smell a bribe.
"Why?" I ask, looking at her.
"Just because,” she says, looking a bit guilty.
I look at her intently, and place my plate down onto the table. She sighs.
"I accidentally told a coworker you'd baby-sit her daughter," she says in a rush, her cheeks turning pink. I roll my eyes.
"It's okay," I say, trying to keep the annoyance out of my voice.
She smiles brightly. "Thank you honey!"
Miranda glides down the stairs. Her eyes look even bluer, thanks to the gray eye shadow she's wearing. She's put together an ensemble of a bright pink top, with one shoulder. She has a jeans skirt that barely meets her knees. Her brown ankle boots complete the outfit.
When I look at the clock on the wall, I see that I have only ten minutes to take a shower, get dressed, get in the car and drive to school. I quickly eat a few strips of bacon, not even chewing, and dash up the steps.
"What's with her?" I hear her ask mom.
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
I manage to take a shower and throw on some clothes. I run downstairs, making sure to grab my backpack that lies on the steps. Miranda looks at me, and grimaces at my outfit.
"What?" I ask, confused.
"You're going to wear that?" she asks, a hand on her hip. I shrug. I'm wearing a blue shirt with short sleeves and a v-neck, and dark blue jeans.
"What’s wrong with it?" I inquire, curious to learn how I've managed to create such an offensive fashion don't. She just shakes her head, and takes a swig of orange juice. I roll my eyes, and pick up my keys.
"Bye guys," I say to my mom and Miranda, walking out the door.
I stride over to my car. It used to be my mom's, but she recently got a convertible, so now I can keep the old Volkswagen. I like it. It's a beetle, bright blue. I slide into the seat, and start to back out of the driveway. As I drive down the familiar rode, I fiddle with the radio, until I find the perfect station. The sweet croons of Paramore blast through the speakers, and I begin to sing along.
"I think we have an emergency. I think we have an emergency."
I drive up to the corner, and stop at the red light.
"If you thought I'd leave you then you were wrong, I won't stop holding on."
I grab my phone, and send off a text to my best friend, Jessica. I tell her to wait for me at the front steps of the school.
"So are you listening? Are you watching me?"
I look out the passenger's window, just in time to see a truck, streaking down the street. And it’s coming my way. I try to step on the gas, but it's like I can't move. I just stare in horror at the truck, as it speeds closer and closer. A scream escapes my lips, as the truck collides into the side of my car. The car swerves farther into the street, onto the other side. I keep screaming, and silently begin to pray. My seat belt bites into my skin, as the car continues to swerves. My thoughts get jumbled into my screams, until I don't know which is which. Then, t the world goes black, and I stop screaming. My thoughts fade away, into nothing.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12 Next »

This book has 17 comments. Post your own now!

MissTaken said...
Just relaized I forgot to add the party scene in this, cause on they're date (Casey's and Josh) they were supposed to go to Ryan's party. Oops.

MissTaken said...
I want to clear up any confusiion associated with chapter three. I had written a confrontation between Casey and "the mean girl" but I'd taken it out before posting my story on the site. I forgot to erase any trace of the confrontation. Sorry if you were confused, lolx. >.< And you can't edit the stories once they're posted, so it's stuck like that forever...

MissTaken said...
Of course I'll continue. I'm, so glad you like it! And I hope everything gets sorted out for you. Remember to just be confident in yourself (sounds corny, but it's true).

Forever wishing said...
hey, i just wanted to say that this story is really awesome! I really relate to her before the crash, and it kind of gives me the courage to stand up to my own "Jasilla". Please continue?

MissTaken said...
Yeah, tell me what you think of it! :D

Anokablue said...
You added more yaaaaaaayyyyy :)

MissTaken said...
Sept. 15, 2011 at 5:09 am
No, I'm too lazy to get one. I_I Do you?

Anokablue replied...
Oct. 9, 2011 at 11:21 am

yes i do have one you should get one lol

Anokablue said...
Ya it eil probably be awhile do u have a facebook???????????

MissTaken said...
Thank you so much! And I can't wait to read your book. :D

Anokablue said...
im bearing with ya girl im busy with school to but you are a great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! author i hope you can publish a book for real life and i will buy it and wait in line for you to sign it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ps im working on  a book to and i hope to publish it on here soon.

Anokablue said...
this was an AMAZING!!!!!!! story but im new to teen ink can you add more to the story and finish it just wondering if you can please do

MissTaken replied...
 promise I'll add more! But I'm busy with school, so bear with me. >.<

Cielo4ever said...
This is  a really good story line but if you aren't trying to make Casey seem like a brat you should tone it down a bit. She seems like she's almost turning into a sneakier version of the ex queen bee. I think she should become popular by being less out there and more mysterious....but its amazing I read EVERY letter it rocks

MissTaken replied...
Okay,. I added some more, to make her less brattish. Hope you like it!

introducingshelby said...
Gosh :o This sounds really, really good.. I think I found my summer read for this year :D

MissTaken replied...
Thanks! :)