Shopping Addict

Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »

Introduction

Okay so this is the thing, I may have a tiny little problem with my shopping habits. But, I mean, I am going to need that waffle maker sometime! …. Well maybe I don’t exactly know how to make waffles but I could learn! And that black Coach handbag, I am definitely going to use that next time I go to a wedding. Hmm, I don’t really know anyone who is getting married. Still I think it was a good investment! Who knows; maybe it will be worth millions in a couple years!
My fiancé seems to think that I shop too much. I don’t think that is the case, I buy what I absolutely need and could not live without. I still have ample room to store stuff in the office. Ethan just doesn’t understand. Whatever, he will be thrilled when I come home today with a brand new polo shirt for him!
***
Oh my gosh. This store is fabulous! I am such a loser for not coming here before! Saks 5th Avenue is my new favorite store. I was immediately aghast when I walked in. To be honest, when my best friend, Khloe, told me about this store it didn’t sound plausible. Wow I was so wrong. This store has EVERYTHING. The only drawback is that it is so crowded and the sales person is inaudible over the hundreds of voices.
“Where are the polo shirts?” I basically scream at the sales person.
He gives a nod of understanding, “Aisle 7 next to the Red bottom Shoes.”
“Thanks!”
I can’t helping running through the store, just hearing that there are red bottom shoes in this building makes me intrigued. I just need another pair of shoes! I will be coveted by everyone! Red bottoms shoes are so in right now! My heart is thumping with excitement! The epitaph on my gravestone will say, Girl with the Red Bottom Shoes.
I am in close proximity to them … Wait. I am supposed to be here to get Ethan a new shirt. But I am sure he wouldn’t mind if I got something for myself too, right? Fiancés are supposed to want their soon-to-be wives to be happy! And Red Bottom shoes would make me REALY happy right now. To be honest I think I am being very ethical.
By the time I leave the store I am feeling so great! I walk past central park and American Girl before I reach my apartment building. I open the front door to our apartment and Ethan is sitting on the sofa.
“Hi Sweetheart …” He immediately stops when he sees my numerous shopping bags. OKAY maybe I bought more than just shoes and a shirt, but the dress matched perfectly …
“I bought you something!” I say, nearly cowering. Great, he is looking at me in a disappointed way.
“You always buy something. “ He says with no emotion. That is SO not true I don’t always buy something….
“I am not being facetious. You are indiscriminate when it comes to shopping.” He finishes.
“Well …” I try to think of a comeback but I feel too tired. Shopping really wears you out!
“Well?” he asks
“Well, shopping should be in the Olympics or should be a sport or something! Or it could be a reality show! I will submit the idea and then we will become rich! And then I can buy whatever I please!”
Ethan nearly falls down laughing, “I love you”
“I know.” I say with a smile
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 Next »