How to fix a dyke | Teen Ink

How to fix a dyke

By SadieJayy BRONZE, lamar, Missouri
SadieJayy BRONZE, Lamar, Missouri

Walking along a path, in a place, I've never seen, or been on, before.. I should be afraid, I should want to turn around and leave, I should run- I can't. I won't. It's so peaceful. Huge trees that seem like they continue going up all the way to the sky.. Dark brown trunks and and forest green and brown vines that wrap and twist around the trunk like a coil and dangle from branches like the amazon. The scenery is beautiful; Even through the light, misted, fog I can see grass all around-it's as green as envy. I can hear water in the distance, but I can not yet see it.. It's a steady, reoccurring, noise- rushing water crashing into a pool of gods greatest gift.. It relaxes my body, I shut my eyes and send my body into a small panic.. Being unable to see sends my body into a frenzy and the rest of my senses begin to work even harder to make up for the lack of sight; The sound of the water is coming in clearer, I can practically feel it trickling down my skin and cooling me down-I can almost taste it on my tongue, and the sweet aroma of flowers is a moment of absolute bliss. I can't see, I'm in a place I've never been before, alone.. I should be afraid, so why am I so calm?

I open my eyes, yet again revealing the breathtaking site.. I blink my eyes a few times to readjust the lighting of this mystical place.. Then it catches my eye, the things that sent my senses into a frenzy, hundreds and hundreds of flowers line the path and cover the darkest parts of this forest- It was as incredible for the eyes as it was for my nose. There are flowers scattered all around, in every direction, and I see them in every color of the rainbow.. Yellow tulips, red roses, pink carnations, lovely lavender lilacs... Everything is so beautiful, I never want to leave.. Ever. I don't care how I got here or where I am.. I want to stay.. Things would be so much easier here.. I take a seat in front of one of the huge, beautiful, trees and let my back rest against the winding, stable, surface and close my eyes again, imagining the life I could live if I stayed here. None one to put up a font for, no one to disappoint, no one to get to get hurt by.. “No one would miss me anyway,” I think to myself, “They'd probably be better off.. If nothing else they'd be happier.. They could tell the church some lie about how I was abducted, cry for the cameras and beg them to find 'their little girl'..” I smirk to myself, isn't that a joke. No one wants the daughter who struggles to maintain a C average (despite the tutors). The daughter who's a freak and isn't bffs with the head cheerleader, that you see every Sunday, Wednesday, and at every Church and school event. The daughter who's birth parents didn't even want her..

The simplicity of it all brings a smile to my face, it would be so simple.. “No one would look for me here.” I say in my head and open my eyes to scan the forest back and forth quickly.. “No one, Ever.” I say to the forest, in no more than a hushed whisper.. A ringing interrupts my thoughts and brakes the silence.. “Where is that coming from?” I say , out-loud, to myself and begin to look around...

I stir uncomfortably under my sheets, I soon realize it was the alarm- I reach for it and sigh. It was just a dream. I look at the clock, the numbers flashing 5:30 am.. “Ugh!” I groan to myself and turn back onto my stomach and cover my head with a pillow, as if it would shield off mom and prevent her from waking me up. Of course it didn't, because, as if on cue, mom walks in and says “Heidi, Heidi, wake up. You have to get dressed for school,” She pauses for a second and I actually begin to think she's giving up, but then she starts to shake me, “Come on now, do you want to go in your pajamas? Wake up, Heidi, wake up.” I give up, I'm losing anyway. “Okaaay, I'm up.” I groan. She gives a smile indicating she's happy that I'm up and even happier that she won, yet another, argument, and then leaves my room. I decide it's probably best that I get up, “'laziness and disobedience will get you no where, Heidi.'” I say to myself and then can't help but laugh, realizing that I had just quoted my Dad. I toss my sheet over the edge of my bed, not caring where it landed and get up. I quickly find my sheet and realize I had thrown my blanket over the edge sometime in the middle of the night, as well.. “Oh well” I say and make my way over to my bathroom.

I open the door and look into the mirror attached to the outside of the medicine cabinet hanging above the sink. I look down at myself and can't help but smile at my transformers pajama pants and my 'Taste the rainbow' tank-top. I run my fingers through my tangled mess of short red hair and look into the big blue eyes that stare back at me from the mirror.. I take a second to examine myself, making sure I hadn't had any growths appear on my face while I slept the night before... All clear. Nothing but a pale face with freckles and blue eyes. The same as yesterday and the day before that.. I just stand there and stare, as if waiting to see if the girl in the mirror would disappear... I stand there for a few moments, in complete silence, and then decide that it's probably in my best interest to go ahead and take a shower. I turn away from my mirror and lift my top over my head, followed by my bra and then quickly shimmy out of my pajama bottoms and undergarments.. I leave them in a pile on the floor and walk over to the shower and reach for the curtain. The bright pink and bright orange, intertwining, swirly patterns on this still seems very girly, and ridiculous, but it had been my mom who had designed the bathroom for me.. The whole bathroom was focused around the pink and orange pattern; pink rugs, orange covers for both the lid and the back of the toilet, pink and orange towels (that you can't touch or use- only look at), and of course the walls with Pink, orange, and white stripes.. I snap back into reality and pull the curtain back and climb in.. I turn the water on and fool with the temperature, making sure it was the perfect mixture of both hot and cold, before pulling up the spout and letting the water poor down onto my head and rush over the rest of my body; sending chills up my spine. The reoccurring, and steady, noise of the water coming from the shower head instantly reminds me of my dream- I can't help but remember the forest that had seemed so real last night and the sound of the, unseen, water fall.. I do my best to keep a vivid image of the forest in my head as I wash my hair- massaging the soapy bubbles on my scalp, rinsing it out fully with the warm, comforting, water and then continue down my body to wash away anything and everything left on my skin. I reach down and turn off the water, open the shower curtain, and reach for my 'special towel'.. (My black spider man towel I had gotten for Christmas from my best friend, Shaina.) I grab it off the hook, climb out of the shower, wrap up in it and make my way back into my room. I glance at my clock the red numbers tell me it's 6:00 am... “Had I really been in there for a half hour?” I think to myself.. I decide that the time is unimportant and make my way to my dresser to get undergarments and to my closet to get clothes.

I open the door of my closet to revealing a line of many shirts, tank-tops, under shirts, hoodies, and t shirts hanging on hangers and rows of pants, shorts, leggings, and [the dreaded] church skirts lying on the shelves in the back of my closet. I quickly glance through my clothes and pull out a pair of my zebra print leggings, black skinny jeans with rips, a black undershirt, and my rugrats shirt. I get dressed quickly; putting on my bra and panties, putting on my leggings, pulling my undershirt over my head and then my Rugrats shirt soon after. I then lay day on my bed and prepare for the battle of 'get the skinny jeans on and up'. I push both of my feet to the ends of my skinnies and then pop then out through the leg holes. “Now the real fun begins.” I think to myself. A lay back, bend my knees with my feet on my bed, and push my stomach, hips, thighs, and butt upwards towards the ceiling. I begin to tug my size zero skinnies over a body that would fit comfortably in a size one and a half or, even better, two. I get them up my legs and with a little work, and quite a few frustrated grunts, groans, 'ughs!', and 'ergs!', I get them over and onto my butt and done up.

I hop out of bed and rush into the bathroom to plug in my hair straightener and turn it on; while I wait for it to heat up I brush and part my hair how I want it to be straightened. I straighten my hair quickly; but I make sure I get it all perfectly straight and I make sure I don't get burned.. I finish straightening my hair, quickly brushed my teeth, and rushed over to my closet and open it up revealing the full body mirror hooked to the inside of my closet door. I look into the mirror and examine everything I'm wearing; Jeans- tight, rip in right knee, rip in left knee and thigh (Zebra leggings showing through the rips). Shirt- white with purple half sleeves and a picture of the rugrats babies on it. Socks- I notice I'm not wearing any! I run to my dresser and pull out one camo sock, for my left foot, and one pink and black zebra striped one, for my right. I hop on my right foot while I put the sock on my left foot then switch and hop on my left to put my right sock on. I decide to slip on my black flats and wear them for the day. With my hair straight, my body fully clothed, my breath fresh and my teeth cleaned, I quickly glance at my clock that reads 6:45 am; I can finally be done.

I leave my room only to head down the stairs to the kitchen/dining room. I step into the dining room and see my Dad at the table reading a paper (with a plate with bits and pieces of pancakes, eggs, and sausage in front of him- and a cup of coffee), my brother Nathaniel sitting in his highchair and half eating- half playing with- a bowl with cut up pieces of pancakes and sausage in it, and my mom singing along to some song on the Christian music station and fixing another plate- probably for me. Only, I won't eat it- I never do.“Don't we look like the perfect little American family?” I say to myself and smirk, uncontrollably.

“Sissy!” Nathaniel yells excitedly, as he starts wiggling around in his high chair and reaching for me. (Even though I'm all the way across the room.) His happy squeals, and the way he yelled for me, causes Mom and Dad to look up, they obviously hadn't noticed me come in.. “G'morning, Natty!” I reply with the same happy, excited, energy in my voice. Galaxy, my pink Pomeranian puppy, runs out from under Nathaniel’s chair and jumps up on me- with her front paws on my shins. She barks and I reach down and pick her up- holding her in my arms. Dad greets me with a smile and a nice little nonchalant 'good morning', but something's bothering him- I can tell by his face.. I think about asking him what's wrong, but thinking that it's probably something I did immediately changes my mind- so I just take a seat next to Nathaniel, still cradling Galaxy in my arms, and hope he drops it. Which, of course, he doesn't. “Interesting outfit choice, Heidi Bear..” Dad says using his old nickname for me and speaking in his 'I'm trying really hard to be understanding' tone, “But can you breathe in those pants you're wearing?” I'm taken off guard, Dad usually leaves the clothes decisions, and criticism, to Mom.. “Yes, Yes I can.” I say immediately, and I scowl at him.. I hate being told what to do and how to dress; “I don't fit in anyway. Never have probably never will. So why try?” I think to myself and then my mom pipes up out of nowhere and says “So last day, Huh? Pretty exciting stuff, Heidi.” Obviously an attempt to distract the two of us from out little argument. I grit my teeth, turn away from my Dad, suck in a deep breath, and turn to my Mom with a glare still on my face.

“Heidi Marie,” she says in a unshakable voice, “Lets do our best to keep a respectful attitude, Shall we?” I'm not sure whether she expected me to answer or not, but I chose to just keep quiet and ignore the question. I guess she really didn't need me to answer because she kept right on talking without hesitation. “Sweetheart,” she starts in in a nice and more compassionate voice, “if looks could kill then you and Nathaniel would be raising each other...” She paused, giving me time to take in what she said, I guess. “Also, it's not as if your father asked you some strange and unreasonable question, Heidi.. And lets be honest; if those pants were any tighter they'd be attached to your skin..”

“Mom, I don't want to go change! I like how I look, and besides it's my last day! Let me make a statement. Let ME be ME. Please?” I put the nicest possible look I can come up with on my face and , with a pleading look in my eyes, I turn back to my mom. She's looking , disapprovingly, at my pants and I can tell she's still not happy with my attitude or with my back-talking- but I don't think she'll fight me on this.. “C'mon , Guys, please?” I say in one last attempt to win them over. “Pweeeeaaasssee?! Pwease?! Pwease?! Pwease?!” Nathaniel says, mimicking me. Mom sighs and looks at Dad, as if he had the answers and he could tell her what to do, and say, in this situation..

“Heidi, I don't understand the fashion choice you've made today and I DEFINITLY don't appreciate, or approve of, the attitude and arguing...” My father says, but he trails off in mid sentence.. So I, being the wonderful and persistent 15 year old daughter that I am, add but one word and help him finish his sentence.. “But..” I say in a cheerful, and rather pushy-persistent, tone. “But.. You're not showing off your body, although the legging-pantyhose-tights-like material wont stop the wandering eyes of teenage boys.. I'm going to go ahead and allow you to wear them.” I practically squeal with delight and I get a gigantic smile on my face upon him finishing his sentence. “Thank you! Oh, thank you! Thank you!” I say continuing to be cheerful about the pants, and I'm also a little more excited because I almost never win arguments with my parents.

“You're welcome, Sweetie.” He says, and with a quick glance at his watch he says, “Time to go, don't wanna be late.” He stands up and kisses Nathaniel on the top of his head says “See ya later, Champ.”, and makes his way over to mom; she says have a good day, he smiles and says that he will and he tells her to do the same, and then- with a small kiss- he smiles and says 'Lets get a move on, Heidi, don't wanna be late.' The same thing he does everyday. The same thing I do everyday.

“Okay, okay, I'm coming! I gotta grab my stuff.” I plant a kiss on the top of Galaxy's head, sit her on the floor, and cross the room and get my backpack and my phone. My backpack is nothing fancy; Just a white backpack made to look like it was splatter painted with bright neon colors; pinks, oranges, greens, yellows, and purples... Oh, and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy, myeh, I'm not complaining about that. Only, it has to stay on the kitchen cabinet so I don't use it after 'bed time'. As I pass I drop my bag on the floor and put my phone in my pocket, then grab Nathaniel out of his highchair and give him a huge hug. He puts his hands around my neck and holds me like that while we rock back and forth- from the left to right and right to left-crazily. He starts to throw a giggle fit and bounces around in my arms, we're having a swell time and then dads interrupts with the whole 'clearing his throat thing' meaning; times up, get your stuff and lets go. “I hava go bye-bye to school, gimme kisses, Natty.” I say as I pucker my lips out towards his face, he immediately leans in and gives me a slobbery excited kiss. Mom walks over and says “C'mon, Heidi, it's 7:05, get a move on.” She leans in and gives me a kiss on the cheek and then grabs Nathaniel from my arms,”Have a nice day.”

I pick my back pack up off the floor, throw the right strap over my right shoulder, shove my phone back down further in my pocket, and walk towards my dad and out the door, him following close behind. The last thing I hear before dad closes the door is Nathaniel saying “Sissy come back later? Yeah, Sissy be back later.” Everything peaceful and easy is now gone, it's over; home life is ruff, but it's nothing compared to high school...

Good morning, Reality.

As we get out to the car I hear my dad push the button thing on his key ring that unlocks the car; I see the head lights on dads car, his precious white 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS, flash meaning it's unlocked and the alarm's off so when I get to the car I just climb in. Of course, dad's already passed me and is already in the car when I get in; he has the key in the ignition and he already buckled up his seat belt. I get in, shutting the door behind me, put my backpack behind my seat and then watch as my dad stares me down until I put my seat belt on. The staring doesn't last long; I know he won't drive until my seat belt's on, and also I'm already in a it of trouble for arguing, so I just go ahead and put it on. “Okay lets get this show on the road.” Dad says and then backs out of the drive way.

We drive for about five minutes in complete silence then dad turns on the stereo in the car and skips to number seven on whatever CD he has playing. “In a moment love can pass you by. And in a moment, A heart can come alive. Every moment's gettin better. Every moment brings me closer to you.” In a moment by: Chris Sligh. Of course, I'd know that song anywhere- it's my dads favorite. He's quiet, but I know he's going to talk to me, well scold me, about this morning- for my attitude. My back talk. My disobedience.

In the midst of out silence, and my dads Chris Sligh CD, I decide to turn my phone on- to see if I have any new text messages. I hold down the red button until it starts to vibrate and play the little turning on-turning off chyme. My dad glances at me from the corner of his eye but doesn't say a single word. My phone finishes with the chyme and vibration and then flickers on revealing my background- Nathaniel sitting on the floor, with Galaxy sitting in his lap, he has a huge grin on his face as his holds Galaxy. Both of them are facing me. Galaxy's mouth partially as she looks up at me. Seeing it brings a smile to my face but I only briefly get to see it, on account of my phone begins to vibrate crazily letting me know I have twelve new messages, but I already know every detail of my background picture. I remember taking it. I go ahead and go to my inbox to see what I got. I look through it and click on the first message that isn't a forward or Facebook notification, it's from my friend Shaina.
It reads;

From: Shane
5-26-11 6:00 am

“Woo!! Last day of skewl! Woo! R u psyched?! Of course u r! XD We r gonna party it up! Swimming, BBQS, sleep overs (no sleeping), & staying in pjs ALL DAY!!!! lol. Txt me wen u get this and c u at skewl. Love you Heid <3
|Shainy~banana|”

I can't help but smile at Shaina's text, she always has a way of making me feel ten times better no matter what type of situation I'm in. Also I can't wait for summer. I absolutely hate going to school and I absolutely love hanging with Shaina- so it all works out. I click the reply button with my thumb and turn my phone to the side and reply;

To: Shane
5-26-11 6:50
“OMG Shainy-Baby! Yes! I am SOOOO excited for summer vaca! Me n you gonna OWN Oakland Park! I am very very very berry excited to hang out with you ALL summer! (equally excited to just not change out my pj's! Lol XD) Guess what I got in another argument with my folks this morning. =/ But I think I'm looking pretty fab. Ha ha.
~HeidiMeidiMonsterMan~”

I click send on my message and flip my phone right side up-getting ready to check my other messages- when the volume on the stereo goes completely down and my dad pipes up and starts talking to me; “So, Heidi.. Can I ask what you were going for when you chose this outfit the today? 'Cause I honestly have no idea what you could possibly be going for with this. Ripped up, revealing, jeans and a cartoon shirt? I haven't seen it on any of your other little friends.. So what is your reasoning behind your outfit of the day?” I open my mouth to answer- “Because, whatever it is, it is obviously REALLY important. I mean, why else would you argue with your mother and I the s'morning?” He adds tons of emphasis to the word 'really' and then my phone vibrates, but I don't dare check it. I do my best to not even acknowledge the fact that it vibrated. So I just sit there, not knowing whether or not to answer- but guessing it'll be better for me if I don't. “Well? Heidi Marie, are you hearing anything I'm saying?” He asked, as if there was some magic thing in the car, that he couldn't see, distracting me.

“Yes sir, I hear you loud and clear,” I hesitate before finishing my sentence, “I just wasn't sure if you were actually wanting me to answer these questions, Dad, or if they were rhetorical, and you were just using them to lecture me..” I say, and just sit there after wards- hoping he doesn't take what I said in a bad way.

He sighs, “Heidi..” He starts in, with a much nicer tone in his voice- Compassionate and some-what apologetic, but still stern. “I don't mean to seem rude and it was not my intention to get you alone with me in the car and lecture you.. I'm, well, I guess I'm just concerned. I mean, yesterday you seemed fine- you had on that one striped shirt, you know, the blue and white Hollister one? With the white under shirt and, um, the white pants.. Oh, and the dark blue flip flops!” He says, obviously pleased he remembered what I wore yesterday. Then he continued on. “And now today you're wearing clothes I didn't even know that you owned, Sweet heart. I just don't want you to start getting mixed up with the wrong kind of stuff. I mean; today your just dressing differently, tomorrow your clothes become more revealing, then you start hanging out with people who are drinking and having sex and having sex with people of their own gender, you're skipping youth group and church, then you get pressured into trying all these bad things, and you get pregnant as a teenager, or you wind up having sex with people of your own gender, and you lose god then-”

“DAD!” I practically scream, “You're overreacting. Yes, I'm dressing differently but I'm not dressing bad. My body's covered, and I like the way I look. I'm not out to ruin my life, I just want to be me and figure out who I am..” I take a second after saying that to pause and let what I said sink in, and then finish up what I'm saying in a meek whisper, “I'm not a bad girl, Dad, I'm really not..”

“I know, Heidi, I know. Just don't lose who you are while you're trying to find yourself.” He says. He then makes and quick turn into the Starbucks parking lot, I'm not surprised. We do this everyday- Dad ALWAYS brings me here before school. He turns the car off, undoes his seat belt, and then turns to me and says; “You coming, Heid?” I nod and unbuckle my seat belt and then follow him out of the car and into the Starbucks.

Once inside, and in line, I decide that it would be the perfect time to check my texts. So I pull out my phone and draw the secret pattern, unlocking my phone. Down three, over one to the right, up one, and then one over to the right. Then my home-screen pops up, showing that I have a new message from Shaina (I ignore it for the moment), so I take the time to glance at the time- it's 7:20. I then click over to my inbox to read my new message.

From: Shane
5-26-11 6:54 am

“Heidi.. Heidi.. Heidi.. Wat am I going to do w/ u??? U fight w/ ur parents SO MUCH!!! =S Ur fight was about clothes then? What do you mean you look fab? U always look cute Heid. (: So wat r u wearing then? Sumthing weird? *Vous etes tres fou, mais Je t'aime! <3 Ha ha.
|Shainy~banana|”

“Silly, silly, Shane...” I think to myself as I click reply and turn my phone to the side. Shane was the one who convinced me to take the French class with her, and since we started taking it she loves any excuse to speak french. But I suppose she's right; everyone IS, probably, going to think I've lost my mind because I wore this.. And they're definitely going to think I'm weird... But what else is new?

To: Shane
5-26-11 7:30

“I can't help it. =/ It's like they have this little version of the perfect daughter in there head and NOTHING I DO seems good enough or right.. Oh and keep your french to yourself! =p *Parler français ne vous donne pas le droit de me faire la leçon dans une langue étrangère, Freak! Respecter HeidiMeidiMonsterMan! Je vous aime, Shane! Haha. Um.. Hard to explain.. You'll see me when I get to school! But yeah, most people will think I'm even weirder. Lol.
~HeidiMeidiMonsterMan~”

I click send and then look up and realize that the line had moved forward. I quickly walk up and stand beside my dad. There's only one person ahead of us, so as soon as he's done we can order. The man is dressed in a white wife-beater, Mountain Dew pajama pants, and some type if tennis shoes. Oh how I envy him- my parents would never let me go out in public like that. He has a straight dirty blonde pony-tale tat hangs down a little below the top of his back; And, by the looks of it, his hair was probably shaved underneath. “Bet that's driving dad crazy” I think to myself. Dad absolutely loathes long hair on guys; he thinks it looks tacky, lazy, sloppy, girly, and irresponsible. So the fact that the man has a pony-tale is probably irritating the heck out of dad. Not to mention the way he's dressed.. This man basically makes me seem like an angel, in my fathers eyes.

“Thank you, have a nice day.” I hear the cashier-worker-woman say. The guy says something along the lines of “Thank ya, Ma'am, I will. Have a good one.” He then takes his coffee and turns around, rather carelessly, and bumps right into my dad. I gasp almost instantly. The coffee isn't spilled and the man immediately apologizes, speaking in a fast-kinda scared-apologetic tone. He switches back and forth between calling my dad 'Sir' and 'Dude' many times during his apology. My father, being the good christian man he is, assures the man that everything is fine and that he shouldn't worry about it.

After our little accident with 'the man with the pony-tale' is over my father goes right on with what he was doing and steps up to the counter. I immediately recognize the cashier-worker's face, her name's Michelle. I see her every Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday when me and my dad come in for coffee. She still seems a little shaken because of the whole 'Dudes running into each other' thing, but she greets us with a happy smile. “Hey Daniel, Heidi! What can I getcha? The usual?” she halfway laughs, knowing we get the same thing every time we come in. “Yep, get us the usual.” Dad replies. “Oh, but Michelle, can you add on another Double chocolaty chip frappuccino and another Double Chocolate Brownie to that order?” My dad asked. I'm not exactly sure why he ordered double, but I know if he did it it has to be for Shaina.

“Yeah buddy,” Michelle replied in a happy tone, “So that's two double chocolaty fraps, two D.C. Brownies, one Cappuccino, and one apple bran muffin... Comin' right up!” She busily goes about, with the help of another girl who's working, and gets our order..While they're working I just stand there and take the opportunity to study what they look like. Michelle is a pretty girl with curly-shoulder length-brown hair, brown eyes, and plenty of freckles across her cheeks and nose. She wore her hair down, she had a black head-band with a black and white flower on the upper right hand side. She wasn't stick thin, but she wasn't obese either- she was the adorable, huggable, type of chubby. Also, she was really short- 5'2, maybe. The other girl, that I don't know and have never seen, has really long brown hair that was braided down to her lower back. Her eyes were huge and a deep chocolate brown color. Unlike Michelle, she was pretty tall. Not freakishly tall though, about 5'4 – 5'5, and she was incredibly thin.

I must have been staring off blankly into space and focusing really hard on the two girls because dad had to repeat my name three times to get my attention. While I was lost in my own little world dad had already paid Michelle and gotten our stuff. “Lets go, Heid.” he says, and I go ahead and start walking out of the building- I hold the door for my dad, and he goes out in front of me.

When we get out to the car my dad passes me the two frappuccinos and then unlocks the car. I hold one of the cups in my hand, and one in between my chest and my forearm, and open the door with my other hand. I get in the car and sit Shaina's dink down in the coaster-holder-thing, put mine in between my thighs, and buckle my seat belt. As I start to sip on my drink and my dad turns the key back, allowing the CD player to start playing. The CD has switched to the next song on the album. ♫”Can you see through all these filthy rags, That I like to call my good”♫ The words at the beginning of the Chris Sligh song Are you pleased. I dislike most christian music but this song is absolutely fabulous.
♫“All I want is to hear you say well done

Are you pleased with me?

Am I everything you want me to be?

Are you pleased?”♫

I repeat those lyrics in my head quickly after hearing Chris Sligh sing them. All the while dad is quickly looking through his CD-organizer-case-thing. He unzips it and flips about three divider-page-things before he finally finds something he wants to listen to. “Whadaya think, Heid; Toby Mac or SuperChic[k]?” He asks.

I hesitate before I answer, not really wanting to listen to either of them right now. “err.. SuperChic[k]” I reply not wanting to keep him waiting. I do actually really like SuperChic[k] quite a bit, so I wont really be suffering while I'm listening to it. Toby Mac on the other hand... I can't suppress my smirk, Toby Mac irritates me. “SuperChic[k] it is then.” He says and switches out the CD’s, buckles up, starts the car, and gets it to the song he decides we should hear.
♫“She never slows down.
She doesn't know why but she knows that when she's all alone, feels like its all coming down
She won't turn around
The shadows are long and she fears if she cries that first tear, the tears will not stop raining down”♫

I hear the beat to the song and, almost instantly, start lip-syncing and repeating the words in my head. Dad and I listen to the song and sip on our drinks, but we don't say anything to each other. We make it through the first song and then the CD continues on to the second song; It plays half way though the song Courage by: SuperChic[k] and before I know it we're out in front of my school.

I see a group of kids standing out in front of the school building, on account of the warm- summery- weather. I immediately spot Shane, and it's obvious that she sees me as well because she excuses herself from the group of people and starts walking towards the car.

“Heidi, either your mother or myself will be right outside at 3- depending on my work hours today. You're coming home right after school, no questions asked. No exceptions.” Dad says in a stern serious voice, and finishes his sentence like two seconds before Shaina opens my door.

*Vous etes tres fou, mais Je t'aime! (You are very crazy, but I love you!)

*Parler français ne vous donne pas le droit de me faire la leçon dans une langue étrangère, Freak! Respecter HeidiMeidiMonsterMan! Je vous aime, Shane! haha (Speaking French does not give you the right to lecture me in a foreign tongue, Freak! Respect HeidiMeidiMonsterMan! I love you, Shane! haha)

on Jul. 26 2011 at 3:18 am
SadieJayy BRONZE, Lamar, Missouri
Yeah..
It isn't even close to beingfinished, and I have a bit of writers block at this point..
But it'll get better after I get more finished.

leaf44 PLATINUM, Rehoboth, Massachusetts

"Truth is stranger than fiction because fiction has to make sense."
"Be careful, or you'll end up in my novel."

That was really good - well written, very discriptive, nice ending.  I just don't really get the plot or point of it - maybe that's just me though.