There's No Such Thing As Perfect

Author's note: I was inspired to start writing and it's turned into my dream and future. I always turn to...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to start writing and it's turned into my dream and future. I always turn to writing in times of need because writing is like a fairy tale to me. It takes me out of reality. I was inspired to write a book about myself. It's meant for teens and young adults, to show that when times get bad, there is hope.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

Intro Acknowledgements

Hello, this book is about my life. Before I get to sharing my every though, I'm going to tell you a little about myself. I'm Brittany Nicole D. As I write this, I am 5'4 brunette withe light brown eyes. I'm 13 years young and I was born on thee 28the of December. I spend the most of my time competitive swimming for a team called Curl Burke, messing around withe photography, writing about my life, listening to music such as boy bands, practicing lacrosse, going to parties, hanging out withe friends, and helping people. The rest of the time I'm probably sleeping or eating and breathing. My favorite movie is The Notebook, my favorite color is Salmon, like thee fish. Favorite singer would be Teddy Geiger, and my favorite state would be Arizona. On withe my life. I promised myself that one day I'd make all my writings into a book. Whether people would buy it or not, that's debatable. I've been writing since I was in sixth grade, thee year of 2010. Nobody has really read any of my writings before this, due to my supervision. I used to try to encourage some of my friends to write and just write down what they are thinking, but it didn't really work for them. It's okay because not everyone enjoys writing as I do. This is pretty much thee acknowledgements chapter so here it goes. I want to thank every single one of my friends for bringing joy to my life, believe it or not, you've helped me in some sort of way. I want to thank my family most of all. My parents have helped me through so much and they are so understanding and supportive and I'm thankful to have parents like them. They give so much for my younger brother and I. I love you withe all my heart mom and dad. Now to my brother, we have our ups and our downs, but don't all siblings? Well my brother isn't always thee easiest to deal withe, but he's supportive of me and he's a great kid. I couldn't be where I am today without him. The next thanks is to my grandparents Betty and Steve. I love them so much, nobody would believe it! When your younger, sometimes you'd be embarrassed to be around your grand parents. Sometimes I wasn't as affectionate as I should have been and I regret it because I'm blessed to have such loving grand parents. I won't have any day to just make it up to them, so be thankful for what you have before you loose it! They are so supportive of me and always there for me and want to make me happy. Just having them makes me happy. I love them so much, and thank you for everything. My grandma is ill withe stage 4 lung cancer and has Alzheimer's disease. Soon enough she won't remember who I am, but I hope that one day she'll read this and think of me as thee loving grand daughter she had. I know you'll be proud of me one day grandma when you read this and watch me go to thee Olympics for swimming. I wish thee best for you, and pray to god every night that your cancer will go away. I know you'll always be withe me in thee future. Thank to all my coaches (swimming and lacrosse) and all my team mates, teachers, counselors, neighbors, and everyone else who has been apart of my life. Also thank you Aunt Ruth. You passed away many years ago, I was young but I still remember you. The bear you made me withe your own hands, I still have and sleep withe every night. Last but not least I want to thank god. I wouldn't be alive without god. I have a strong connection withe god and he is me. He's who I am, chose to be and couldn't be. He is my hero, savior and creator. I depend on him and look to him for everything. He chooses my path in life. I love you all.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own!

Addicted said...
Feb. 27, 2011 at 2:57 am:

Hi Brittany!

You have a wonderful story out in front of you but the book is rather full of little mistakes. For instance, "the" spelt as "Thee" and likewise. Reading it hence, makes it kind of difficult.

Best of luck for your endeavor. And please, check out my work, "the diary of a teenaged lunatic" and leave your comments.