A Star is Born

drmstarlet21
A Star is Born
Summary: Three friends start anew at the private academy in their town of Birchall, Connecticut, hoping for a better education for their artistic, musical selves. What they don't anticipate is the promise of love on the way to greatness. Follow the journey of a star being born in this tale of teenage romance and everything that comes with it.

This book has 14 comments. Post your own now!

Garnet77 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is amazing! I love where you're going with this. Your writing is very realistic, and the dialogue believable. I can't wait till you post more. I really want to see what happens! And I've read other comments. Don't worry! I'm stuck in my novel as well. It's kind of annoying, since I kind of know where I want the story to go, but I need something to fill the space so that it doesn't seem like I'm jumping. Well, good luck on getting over that writer's block. And great job with what you have so far!

drmstarlet21 said...
Feb. 26, 2011 at 10:02 am
Thank you all for reading and commenting! I would love it if you told your friends about my story :)

rainbowwaffles replied...

When are ypu posting more chapters? I can't wait!

I have a new realistic fiction book up called It Was True Love (and it's verrry short, actually just a short story) if you want to check it out :)

Please upload more chapters soon!!!

drmstarlet21 replied...
Mar. 31, 2011 at 7:42 am

I'm stuck :( That is the main reason why I don't have more chapters up. I know where I want to go, but I am having trouble getting there. But I'm working on it. It's hard also because I have too little time and too many things I'm working on.

I have a new fantasy novel up called The Eldonian Legends. There are four chapters posted, only because I've had them written for a while. Anyway, it just went up, and has probably one view, so I would love it if you checked that out and let me kn... (more »)

rainbowwaffles said...

I love this story so far! I really liked the opening paragraph, and I think the third person to first person transition is great! I didn't really find any grammatical or punctuational errors... And I love your writing style, it never gets dull. I can't wait to read more!

So, are Noella, Roxana, and Camille in a band? I have a novel up about a band of teenaged girls as well, ironically. :) It's called The Formation if you wanna check it out and lend me some advice.

drmstarlet21 replied...
Feb. 25, 2011 at 11:00 am

Thank you so much! :D I'm glad it's interesting to you. This was relatively new when I posted it, and I am almost done with the first draft of the second chapter. Hopefully editing won't take too long!

Thank you for noticing, why yes they are...in a way. :) This will be better introduced in the chapters to come. That certainly is ironic; I'd love to check it out!

Just one question...how delicious are rainbow waffles, and what makes them the color of the rainbow? ;) wink wink

rainbowwaffles replied...
Hmm... I'm not entirely sure about your rainbow waffles question :) I'm always bad at choosing user names, but I thought that rainbow waffles would taste... fruity. :D

drmstarlet21 replied...
Feb. 26, 2011 at 9:14 am

Nice, I completely agree with you! ;D

Oh, and which section is The Foundation in?

rainbowwaffles replied...
Feb. 26, 2011 at 11:56 am
Realistic fiction, I think it's number five today... and it's "The Formation". ha ha I know it's a lame title... it was kind of a last second decision, but I figure the sequel would be called "The Fame" and I've always been a fan of alliteration.  :)

drmstarlet21 replied...
Feb. 27, 2011 at 10:22 am
Eh, I kind of like it :D It is making me wonder. The Fame does the same for me. Alliteration is probably my favorite...hmm...figurative language tool? Haha

lovelycheese said...

I know how much every comment will mean to you on this book, so I'll do my very best to critique. Please don't take any of the criticism personally, though! 

Your first sentence isn't quite intriguing. Instead of directly mentioning the city/town 'Birchall, Connecticut' I think it will flow better if you manage to pop it in discreetly elsewhere. 'She was sitting alone in the cafeteria, sketching with a lump of charcoal.' Don't put too much description on unimportant details, like ... (more »)

drmstarlet21 replied...
Feb. 21, 2011 at 11:00 am

Thanks for the criticism, it was very constructive! I completely agree with everything, now that I think about it.

I definitely need to work on that habit.

You don't need to apologize. I seriously am happy with anything you have to say, even if someone says it's awful, because that will just motivate me to do better. I really appreciate your efforts to help my story, and I'll start editing as soon as I can. I began this pretty recently and haven't had much time to edit a lot, bu... (more »)

Smarti said...
I loved this.  I like how you started it, and I can't wait for more!

drmstarlet21 replied...
Thank you so much! That means a lot, especially since this is the first thing I have ever published. I'll try to get the next few chapters up as soon as I can!