Home > Novel (Fiction) > Realistic Fiction > And Then I Cried

And Then I Cried

Anita L.
And Then I Cried
Summary: When Anna's choir teacher finds out she cuts herself, her parents are informed and she's sent to the school counselor. Anna's problems begin to worsen as the secret of her self-mutilation is revealed to the people she cares most about. As she begins a long and difficult healing process, Anna is forced to conquer the very memories that she cuts to make disappear. The only thing that seems to help is music--but choir carries its own anxiety and loneliness for Anna. As her story unfolds, the truth about what's happened and the way in which she's dealt with it begs the ever-present question: is the damage too strong to heal?

Ari87 said...
Feb. 28, 2012 at 1:28 am:
This is brilliant. I love it. Are you writing more???

Anita This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Mar. 6, 2012 at 11:13 pm :
yeah; i'm hoping to put it up very soon :)

Ari87 replied...
Mar. 10, 2012 at 2:56 am :
Excellent. i look forward to reading it :)

EbbaRose said...
Wow this is really good, i love it!! um just one question, how do you vote for your favorite novels? i would really like to vote for yours, and silly me hasn't worked it out yet!

Nov. 18, 2011 at 12:25 am :
thanks so much for wanting to pick this as one of your favorites! unforunately, i don't think you can have favorite novels (usually a little button at the top with a star says "save as favorite" or something like that, but I can't find that for any books). But thanks so much anyway!

EbbaRose replied...
Nov. 18, 2011 at 9:49 pm :
Oh ok, thanks! but you know how it has TOP VOTED and then there's like voted #1 etc. can you vote for that???

Nov. 19, 2011 at 10:22 am :
I think--but I'm not sure--that you do that by just giving 5 out of 5 stars. 

EbbaRose replied...
Nov. 19, 2011 at 10:03 pm :
Ok thank-you! :)

autumndisaster said...
Oct. 9, 2011 at 8:03 am:
This is really good, like you know exactly how it feels (do you?). But you just put so much I don't know. It's just great I really like it.

Anita This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
thanks for your comments :). they really mean a lot. about the paragraphing: it's really weird, but when I submitted it, it was all broken up, but when it got published on the site, they made it all one paragraph. it's a compatibility thing, i think... anyway, thanks for letting me know, and for your nice comments. 

alex9426 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is very good!! The only thing I would suggest to yoou about editing is maybe to break it into smaller paragraphs for better flow and easier reading. Other than that, I was really impressed by how amazing the writing is. My heart literally jumped when I read the last couple of lines, and I mean that as a compliment to your writing.

fearless.girl said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 4:23 pm:
i think this is just amazing & you should write more!

cryssiie said...
Jun. 2, 2011 at 12:41 pm:

i loved it you jhave awesome writing skills

flyinggemini said...
May 11, 2011 at 4:43 pm:
beautiful.  just beautiful.  you have serious talent.

Donttrust replied...
May 11, 2011 at 10:26 pm :
I  100% agree!

blueandorange This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 22, 2011 at 11:17 am:
This is really good!  Please write more!

stellabella21 said...
This is really good! I hope it gets published, I think a lot of people can relate to this.

Medina D. said...
i am convinced this book will be published

Jan. 18, 2011 at 10:41 pm :
thanks guys!