a | Teen Ink

a

March 22, 2019
By Anonymous

“Everyone says that your teenage years are your worst. They say that because you have all these hormones and feelings going through your body that you have to re-discover yourself. But the thing is I already had to discover myself, figure out the treacherous path of molding the groundwork of who I am, in Elementary School.” A low raspy voice echoing, as if it was whizzing by like the wind. These words vaguely being heard by every soul in a twenty-one block radius of two young boys, Kay and May.

Imagine two beavers building a dam, but instead of building a dam they are swimming in figure-eights on their backs whilst occasionally bumping into each other and proceeding to get into a brawl. That was the extent of Kay and May’s friendship.

Kay and May are some of the dumbest kids you can possibly imagine. They’re hearts are in the right place but they fail to understand basic life skills such as hygiene, school and holding a job. So they decided to do none of those things. May’s parents believed that May was so utterly hopeless that they abandoned him on Kay’s doorstep when Kay and May were only six months old.

As Kay and May grew older, they essentially became one in the same. May had blonde hair and two different colored eyes, one white and one maroon. Kay also had blonde hair and two different colored eyes, one was still white but the other eye was khaki. Some might say they were destined to meet, that their purpose is currently unknown but they have a place somewhere in this universe. They flunked out of highschool and it became impossible for Kay’s parents to control them. So they left them an apartment in the worst part of town and wished them on their way. Kay and May never seemed to mind this  have been living on Kay’s parents money for years now. both ran away from their respective homes so they could live together away from their parents. Their parents are actually also rather kind, and rich, but they never had any time to give attention to Kay and May.

“Kay you need to stop with the intellectual speak, you don’t even like biological physiological philosophical mumbo-jumbo.”

“What are you talking about Kay I never said anything.

“May you’re actually such a moron, the only action you’ve ever gotten was getting catfished at Fletcher’s park.”

“Dude I swear to god if you bring up Bill-”

“Oh you mean Cecilia? Wow you really do miss him. You know you guys were only a thing for like 2 years right?”

“We had something special.”

The front door burst open with so much compulsion that Kay and May spun in the air like they were being blown away by a turbine engine.

“‘Till you found out it was a dude!” Shouted a sharp, high pitched squeal.

“Jamal what’d I say about knocking you ass!!!!!” Kay’s eyes bulging from their sockets.

Jamal ignored Kay, continuing to look at May dead in the eyes. Jamal had committed to much to aggravating May and he needed Kay to not notice the fact that he had just fractured both door hinges, the door perfectly at rest lying vertically against the wall. This was the first tranquil thing this dump had seen since the previous owner came back to collect his bonsai tree.

But Jamal forgot one import thing, no one really cares about him or anything he has to say. This fact finally cemented into Kay’s head, his eye returning to their normal resting place, and May then declared,

“I’m FAMISHED, we’re going to 7/11!”

No one seemed to object and before anyone knew what had happened May and Jamal were gone, leaving only the smell of Jamal’s juicy fruit breath lingering.

“Hey we forgot to close the door.” Announced Kay

“I got it.” Said May

“No let me do it.” Jamal replied hastily

“Screw you guys I’ll do it!”Kay said angrily

“WHAT THE, JAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAL”



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.