The Blurry Savor | Teen Ink

The Blurry Savor

February 14, 2019
By Lovebugg221 BRONZE, Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
More by this author
Lovebugg221 BRONZE, Jim Thorpe, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
“She has a bookshelf for a heart, and ink runs through her veins, she’ll write you into her story with the typewriter in her brain. Her bookshelf’s getting crowded. With all the stories that’s she’s penned, of all the people who flicked through her pages but closed the book before it ended. And there’s one pushed to the very back, that sits collecting dust, with its title in her finest writing, ‘The One’s Who Lost My Trust’. There’s books shes scared to open, and books she doesn't close. Stories of every person she’s met stretched out in endless rows. Some people have only one sentence while others once held a main part, thousands of inky footprints that they've left across her heart. You might wonder why she does this, why write of people she once knew? But she hopes one day she’ll mean enough for someone to write about her too.”
― E.H.


Sapphire was the age of three when she was put into a foster home, that was two years ago. By now she learned to live and survive all on her own. Her foster home parents didn’t care for any of the kids, all they wanted was the checks. All the other kids that were older then her, ended up bulling her and a few others around her age. She would go home with burses up and down her stomach and legs. The kids knew if they wanted to eat they would have to make sure none of the harmful marks are shown.

On late autumn days Sapphire always walked around town in search for food as that’s the month the faster homes don’t get there checks for the kids. All she could ever find was an old tin can bent into a new shape and some other orphan kids around her age looking as she did thin and dead. Sapphire knew she was soon to go hungry if  no food was found.

One day as Sapphire was walking through the forest, she was meant with an old run-down cottage, ruff collapsing and peace’s of the wall missing. It was located dead center of the Forest that was in the middle of nowhere. Sapphire wasn’t scared because of all the hell she was put to and seen in five years of living on planet earth. Sapphire was knocking on the old wooden door but with no luck, `no one answered. Sapphire tried opening the door with all her might but to no avail it didn’t budge. It was to dark for her to see what was inside so she started heading back to the town.

All of the sudden Sapphire started feeling ill from the lost food. She started to stumble with every step she made. Soon Sapphire’s eyes started to drape closed but before doing so she saw a black furry shadowy blur. Sapphire could feel herself being dragged but made no move to wake up or at least she couldn’t even if she tryed.

 

*Dream*

Two-year-old Sapphire was standing in the middle of the stairs watching silently as her parents drank and fought. Due to Sapphire always watching them she picked up a little pattern they did. The more they drank the more they fought, and the more they bought Sapphire toys and goodies to apologies. Sapphire soon saw that they had no avail to stop drinking and soon passed out at the top of the steps. When morning came Sapphire thought to herself that she had enough of this she just wanted her normal, sweet, loving parents back, so when her parents awoke the next moring she desided to confronted them.

“Mommy and daddy, I want you to stop with all this drinking, my teacher told me it’s bad for you.” Sapphire said while laying with her parents in there bed.

Her dad got very angry with this statement, his face was almost red as a apple. “What did you say to your teacher to where she think or say that?” Her dad said thought clenched teeth. “I told her that you and mommy drink a lot and yell at each other, she told me that it was bad if parents do that around their little girl.” Sapphire knew she messed up when her dad swung to hit her but she never felt the blow of his hand, due to the knock at the door and police sirens.

*Dream over*

When Sapphire woke up she was meant with a stray furry black lad with gold eyes and saw a short length of rope tied to her left wrist and a huge plate of food on the floor. She was saved, by the stray dog with no name.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.