Wouldn't dream of it | Teen Ink

Wouldn't dream of it

November 28, 2018
By vic2004, Lemont, Illinois
More by this author
vic2004, Lemont, Illinois
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Scene 1

Charlotte enters wearing a black pencil skirt, high heels and a white blouse, holding some papers in her left hand and coffee in the other. Evelyn is sitting at the front desk typing on a computer. Charlotte rushes in.


Charlotte: Good Morning Ev.

Evelyn: Mornin Charlotte, busy?

Charlotte: Extremely

Charlotte places the papers and the coffee on the desk.

Charlotte: I need these forwarded to Clarkson’s and can you fax the budgets to me by 1:00?

Evelyn: Sure thing.

Charlotte: You're a lifesaver, Ev.

Charlotte quickly walks behind the desk and grabs a folder entitled Accounts Payable, and waves it in the air.

Charlotte: Mine

Evelyn: All yours

Charlotte walks back around and adds it in the stack of papers and starts to pick up her things.

Charlotte: Is the snob in?

Evelyn: How scandalous.

Evelyn rolls her eyes and chuckles.

Evelyn: Make sure you knock or..

Both say in a snobby voice

Both: you’ll have to buy him a new door

Charlotte: I know, I know

Charlotte walks to the door and starts to knock the lights fade.


Scene 2

Charlotte walks into the office. Sitting behind a large mahogany desk is a man with dark hair in a expensive suit talking on the phone.

Roberts: Come on Fiona, you know I’ll get the budgets in.

Inaudible mumbling on the phone.

Roberts: Babe, Babe trust me on this, it’ll roll smoothly.

Charlotte roles her eyes.

Roberts: Okay bye Fiona.

Roberts puts the phone down and leans forward on his desk.

Roberts: Ahh Miss Charlotte a pleasure to see your beautiful face this fine morning.

Charlotte: Good Morning Mr. Roberts. I have your iced caramel latte with almond milk and the Buy-Sell agreement with the Clarksons.

Charlotte places the coffee and stack of papers on his desk.

Roberts: Oh Charlotte, when will you ever come in here bearing good news?

Roberts turns in his chair, as Charlotte rolls her eyes.

Roberts: Here’s your schedule. I’ll also need you to pick up my suit for the event this evening, and grab my cufflinks from the jewelers ,will you. Don’t forget we have the meeting with the appraisers tomorrow morning your powerpoint should be finished.

Charlotte: What meeting, no one ever emailed me.

Roberts says in a sarcastic tone

Roberts: Oh I’ve must’ve forgotten, sweetheart. You also have to to Jackson’s book department and grab something or other that he wants to show me. I also want you to pick up a gift for Fiona at Tiffany’s.

Charlotte: Will that be all?

Roberts: Yep,

Charlotte begins to walk out.

Roberts: One more thing Charlotte,

Charlotte turns around

Roberts: Wear the fuschia blouse next time, it looks better on you.

Charlotte: Yes, of course Mr. Roberts. Have a Good Day.

Roberts: You too sweetheart.

Charlotte walk out as lights dim.


Scene 3

Charlotte walks out of the office towards Evelyn’s desk, her high heels clacking and her hands in her hair, while Evelyn is typing.

Charlotte: Oh my God, this man is driving me insane.

Evelyn: He drives us all off a cliff honey.

Charlotte walks to the front desk and leans forward.

Charlotte: You will not believe what that prick just told me to do. Pick up his suit, the cufflinks, a million other pointless nonsense, and how could we forget…

In snobby voice

Both: a present for Fiona

Evelyn: That girl is spoiled to the Gods.

Charlotte: Oh and this takes the cake Ev. He told me to wear my  Fuschia shirt next time. Compliments my figure, he says. What an entitled pig. He thinks he can tell me what to wear. Ugh what a prick.

Charlotte says sighing.

Evelyn: I believe you Honey, we all have it bad, but you got it the worse. Just last week talk of the building was how he told Julia to change because he didn’t like her pants. And the worse part is he knows we need the jobs so he can drive us insane all he wants.

Charlotte leans against the desk crossing her arms and leaning her head back.

Charlotte: Ugh  how do I have a headache at 8:30 in the morning.

Evelyn: Doctor’s mystery

Evelyn is still typing.

Charlotte stands back up.

Charlotte: Well I better go to Gables to pick up his damn suit.

Evelyn: Yep before he loses his head.

Charlotte picks up her bag and begins to walk towards the door

Evelyn: Don’t forget Fiona’s gift at Tiffany’s.

Charlotte begins to push open the door.

Charlotte: Wouldn’t dream of it.

Charlotte says as she walks out the door, and the lights fade.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.