Love Turned Wrong | Teen Ink

Love Turned Wrong

By rebelkitty03, SAN DIEGO, California
rebelkitty03, SAN DIEGO, California

You’re probably wondering how I died and how I’m talking to you.  First, please close your mouth, you’re catching flies.  You see, I was like you once: Small, pathetic, stupid.  I was beautiful and I had the body gifted straight from heaven.  Nevertheless, all of that didn’t matter because I cared what people thought about me.  I let them walk all over me.  I smoked, I drank, heck I even had sex with every guy in my school, but I never seemed to feel bad about myself.  I just wanted to be popular like you.  Am I right?  I’m not really looking for a response, so you can stop pretending you’re going to say something with that pretty little mouth of yours.  And no, I’m not going to kill you so you can stop looking distraught, meaning worried, because  you don’t want wrinkles.
My life was great. I was living like a princess and I had all the money in the world.  I was happy with my horrible life and I saw nothing wrong with it.  At the time, It was near Halloween and my parents really didn’t care what I did so they went to visit family in France, leaving me at home to do whatever I wanted.  So, of course, I decided to throw a Halloween party.  I was the same thing every year, a fairy princess.  Sound familiar?  Anyways I wanted to change it up a bit this year.  After all, I wasn’t a kid anymore, I was 18, officially an adult.  I decided to wear your classic school girl costume,  to “resemble” the new me out of highschool. Every guy in the room was staring at me and the girls wanted to be me. The powers of the costume truly were amazing. I knew what I wanted and I knew exactly how to get it.
The night was still young and we chatted and had drinks. Some people were already getting drunk, but I was barely working on my third. I was talking to the boys that were staring at my boobs because they were out for everyone to see, then they came up with a brilliant idea.
“Hey we should play spin the bottle.” still staring right at my breast and not looking up.
“Give me like two more drinks and I’m down” I gave a wink to the boy that suggested the game and let me tell you he was cleaned up real nice. He was dressed as a billionaire, and that’s besides the point.
The other kid that was there with us started to talk as he handed me his cup and walked away “Here’s my drink, I’ll get you more.”
I took out my gum with one finger twirling it around as it came out I bit my lip a little, while I gave the boys a sexual stare, once I had the gum out I chugged down the drink.
“Well one down just one more to go.” Zack came back with my other drink and I chugged that down really fast.
“Damn girl chug that down!” One of the boys yelled.
“Kelly I didn’t know you drank like that” My best friend shouted from the crowd surrounding me. I chugged down about five more, five over my official drunk state.
“WHO WANTS TO PLAY SPIN THE BOTTLE! WOOOO!” The crowd went wild and all of the people who were down to pay gathered as we sat in a circle around the empty beer bottle.
I sat down on my knees putting my butt at my feet making sure to bounce a little as I talked. “Ok we all know the rules right?” I sat there for a while waiting for a response but I knew everyone knew how to play. “Ok then let’s go! I’ll spin first!”
I went to go spin the bottle as I looked at everyone who I was playing with. There were about 5 girls including myself and 7 guys. I spun the bottle and as I watched it go around and around, it finally came to a stop.  I looked up in the direction of where the bottle was pointing at confidently because I knew I was down to kiss anyone in that group. My first kiss of the night was a girl, her name was Claire, and she was very pale and had really pretty purple hair.  Every guy hooted and hollered so I looked at the guys in the room and gave the a look a look that said “you know what’s coming”. I sat up from where I was sitting and crawled over to her to kiss and as I got to her I gently sat down on her lap and pressed my lips on hers, she put her hand on my head as we made out.  Still everyone was hollering until the kissing came to a stop, I looked at her before I went back to my original place and I gave her a little peck and bit her lip while I slowly walked away.
It was her turn to spin the bottle and she got Mikey.  He had black hair with tan skin and he had arms for days.  Once, I touched his arms, I almost fainted.  That’s how nice they were.  I had a huge crush on him and we would occasionally talk in the halls and give each other hugs or a smile.  They started to make out and then the game continued, Mikey got Jacob, Jacob got Hailey, Hailey got me, and I got Mikey.  I was really scared this was going to be our first kiss and it wasn’t even going to be romantic.
I blushed a little and went in for the kiss.  I didn’t walk over to him the way I did with Claire, but we met halfway and had a real hot second.  Mikey’s lips were plump and I could feel my already smudged lipstick smudging against his lips.  He pulled me close into his body from my hips and all I could feel was his body heat.  Let me tell you, Mikey was a French kisser and I can’t lie, the kiss was nice, really nice, even the whole thing with the tongue.  He pulled away from my mouth and so did I.  We had awkward silence for a while as he stared into my eyes and peeped down at my mouth, or maybe it was boobs, but I don’t know.  
Mikey spun again and got Clarissa, Clarissa got Alex, Alex got John, John got Fiona, Fiona got Noah, Noah got David, and David got Shawn.
As Shawn started to spin the bottle, I started to feel sick.  I stood up and I felt the vomit wanting to come out from the back of my throat.  I ran to the restroom as I put up my hair, I slammed open the door, and went straight for the toilet.  I threw up so much that I was now officially throwing up because of my throw up. 
I heard a knock on the open bathroom door and trust me, I did not want visitors.  “Go away”, I started sobbing and as I looked up to my surprise, I saw Mikey standing above me.
“How could a school girl be throwing up and not have a friend with her?”  He took a pause to consider the right words.  “Drank a little too much I see?” and then took another dramatic pause.  I guess he was waiting for an answer but I hate talking when I’m crying because I just sound stupid.  “You know that kiss really was amazing.”  H gave me a grin.  It felt sinister now that I think about it but all I could see was that he was really nice looking in his police costume.  I blushed so hard that my whole face was bright red.
“Mikey I really like you.  I mean, I really like you.”  I realized my mistake right after I made it and puked some more.
“I like you too, Kelly…, Um, do you need some water?”  He smiled and blushed, but then his face turned serious.  Almost too serious.
“Yeah I do.”
“Wait here, I’ll be quick”, I think he thought I could physically leave, as if I could, even though I really wanted to just disappear and not be seen again.  I, literally, just threw up at my own party!  It seemed like Mikey had been gone for an hour, but he was probably only gone for a minute at the most.  I was crying because I made such a fool out of myself and in front of my crush of all people.  He finally returned with ice cold water.
“Sorry I took so long, I ran into some difficulties”.  He had this look, a look so mysterious and dark it made me feel weary, but I was blinded by what I thought was love.  I took the cold water from his warm hand and started to drink it.  I actually chugged it, like I did with the beer earlier.  I felt this overwhelming dizziness take over my body and within seconds of drinking the water, my vision blurred.  I looked at Mikey and he was standing over me, just staring with a sinister smile on his face.  I tried to talk but I didn’t feel strong enough and the last thing I remember was Mikey saying “Go to sleep now”. 
I could hear everything.  There were people asking if I was ok and I heard Mikey telling them that I was fine.  I wanted to scream but I couldn’t, something just didn’t feel right.  I had no control over my body or my vocal cords as a matter of fact.  My eyelids were the only thing that felt like it weighed a ton and as much as I tried, I could not open them.  I felt weightless and was able to hear the rattle of a doorknob.  Then a door opened and closed right after.  All of a sudden, I was no longer floating as my motionless body plopped onto the bed.  I felt the sheets around me and thought, Mikey was putting me to bed, how sweet. 
I got control of my eyes, they no longer felt heavy and I was able to open them.  Unfortunately, my body didn’t get the memo and it still would not listen to my brain and move.  I looked around my blurry room, and as i looked to the side, I saw Mikey without a shirt on.  He was setting up a camera!  He, then, slowly walked over to me while unbuckling his pants and pulling them down to his knees, revealing every part of him. 
He leaned over me, “So Kelly, I see you think you can get away with everything, don’t you?  Well, that doesn’t matter now.”  I was clueless, I had no idea what he was talking about.  Mikey was my friend and my crush.  I never did anything to him.  I just wanted to get to know him, unlike any other guy at our school.  I even loved him.  Why was he doing this?
He violently ripped off my clothes and I could feel his bare body rubbing onto mine.  I instantly felt pain.  Pain like I never did before.  I tried to kick and scream, but I didn’t have the strength to move, my body just would not respond to my brain.  This was terrible, I never felt this like this before.  I just wanted it to end.  I kept trying to scream stop and no, but was unable to.  All of sudden, a gurgle came out and I felt a release of pressure in the back of my throat and I started to scream as loud as I could.  He immediately cuffed my mouth, pressing down so hard that my jaw hurt.  People ran to the door trying to come in, but he locked it!.  They asked if everything was ok through the locked door.  Mikey responded, “Everything’s alright, she was just startled.”  His deep voice filled the whole room and I felt sick to my stomach knowing that I used to think it was sexy.  I bit his hand and kneed him where it hurt the most.  I struggled to find the strength to get off the bed and found it as I ran as fast as I could out of the room and into the crowd of people, naked at that.  I still could not make out everything, my head was spinning, my body felt like it weighed a ton and I was so embarrassed and scared.  The crowd asked if I was ok and if they should call the police, but I couldn’t reply, I just wanted to run.  My goal was to get away, as far away as I could.  Behind me I could see that Mikey already pulled up his pants and my guests were trying to build a wall in front of the door to stop him from getting through.  I ran out of my house into the forest, never looking behind me.  All of a sudden, I tripped and I heard steady footsteps and intense breathing right behind me.  I tried to get up, but I was so weak, so I began to crawl.  Mikey was standing right above me.  He put his dirty shoe on my waist and kicked me onto my back.  I saw a knife in his hand and fear shot straight through my body. 
“You thought you could get away, didn’t you?”
“I’m sorry, please don’t hurt me!”  He shook his head, trying to shake off my words so he could continue what he was doing.  I could see a tear starting to form in his crystal blue eyes.  “What did I do?!” I said, frantically trying to stay calm.  I wanted to get away, but there was a part of me that wanted to stay to comfort Mikey. 
“What did you do!?”  He laughed a menacing laugh and sounded insane.  “Kelly, I really liked you, you knew I liked you.  But you still went around and had sex with everyone in the school but me!  You said you liked me but you can’t even enjoy it!  Do I not please you, do I not make you happy? Am I disgusting?”  A tear ran down his face as he raised the already bloody knife as he thrusted it towards my chest.  A jolt of intense, horrible pain ran through my body.  It felt like I had been lying on a bed of needles with glass on the end.  I could barely see Mikey’s face as he looked me dead in the eyed and stabbed me right between them.  The light went out and I no longer felt pain.  I no longer felt anything.
I was dead.
You see why I’m here?  I didn’t tell you this story for fun.  I am warning you of the dangers of the path you’re following.  You’re a smart individual and you deserve to live your life to the fullest and not end it now.  I wish the best for you and hope that you can learn not to follow in my footsteps and wind up like me.  It’s all fun and games until emotions of betrayal, jealousy and fear take hold of one’s insecurities and rationalization.