Green Horizon | Teen Ink

Green Horizon

January 22, 2018
By Anonymous

“ you never clean your room , you cause nothing but trouble for the family , you bother your younger sister and distract your older brother from his studies, you are useless pest and I regret having you” my mother says with all the power left in her voice. My father behind her with the same pissed off face and nods to every word she saids .
“ So you're telling me that because I have a D in math and you are giving me this lecture” . I say really wanting to leave and literally do anything else . “ You have to take care of this  , I can’t believe that I gave birth to a slob “ She saids rolling her eyes . “ careful mom don’t want your eyes to stay behind you there and how can I try when it’s only been one day and it’s not my fault , you made me stay beside to take care of lily because of your bad parenting skills for not having a babysitter to take care of her when she was sick . I MISSED A WEEK OF SCHOOL FOR YOUR DAUGHTER ! so explain mother how can I make up a week of math homework in a day “. I say yelling trying to get the message through.
“ GET OUT! “ my mother yells . She wouldn’t really kick me out would she , I think with tears threatening my eyes . “ You pest I SAID GET OUT , you don’t belong here , this family was meant to have you , you’re a mistake “. I take one last look at them and ran up the stairs, lily hearing the Ruckus comes out of the room . “ what is happening “ she questioned. Kneeling down to her level I spoke “ something that should had happened a long time ago “ . Going to my room I see that Jake’s room door is opened . “ do you agree with mom and dad” I say before making my last decision. “ sure , yeah , whatever can’t you see I’m studying “ Jake said continually reading his Books. Barging in my room I grab my phone, a journal and a couple snacks I have in there , throwing this all in my backpack then I look outside my window ; it's dark outside . Can I really leave. can I live without my parents. Sure they do annoy me but their is some moments where I need them .  But if I leave does that mean moments like this stops . This is a flight or fight decision , what do I do ? Going to the entrance of are house I make a choice the effects me , my future, and family .
“ I said leave didnt I “ my mom says still pissed.
One more look at my mother , I open the door and see a long dark road ahead of me , metaphorically I mean but as I look more down the road I regret my decision going back to my door  and as I almost open my door I hear my dad asking mother if i'm coming back then I hear a deep sigh from my mother and her response sadden me more and make me turn back and walk down the dark road. Even though for years of my parents nagging me that I have no goal in life ,there is something I always wanted to do and with the extra time I have thats what im going to do . I have a ways to go from Newport to well the other side of the earth . Checking my phone I check the time and put where I need to go on google maps . I remember visiting that docks place before with my family , where we brought are boats and sailed the sea but now that place will hold a greater memory . A place where it all started . Growing impatient of walking I check my phone and see that I only have to walk 2 more hours till Don Davis Park . This whole time walking I fear of people killing me , raping me , kidnapping me to sell me and to be honest this is to me the greatest risk Im going to take this whole journey because I fear a lot of things some not even consider a fear at all , so right now walking in the night, something that is worth fearing  I’m trembling in horror . The night is darkness and darkness has no light meaning I guide myself tonight . Eventually I walked a hour leaving just another but my walking became unbalanced and my sight becomes blurred then deciding to quickly to sleep if I’m going to do this . Hiding behind a dumper in a alleyway I crawl under it and even with the horrid smells . Eventually I hear small footsteps walking and slowly they get louder . Remembering the fight not to long ago I felt as if even back then I wanted sleep . Trying to fix your grades and avoiding family problems doesn't happen overnight it takes day of no sleep or time for yourself. But suddenly the footsteps , I see tiny bare feet in front of me . Suddenly the feet disappear and is replaced with dull brown eyes. MInstead of letting fear take over my body I step outside of the dumpster to find where those eyes belong to . There I see her , a little girl and seeing how I tower over her , she seems to be 7 . Looking at her closer I noticed that although I was tired and hungry she was exhausted and starving .
    “ Are you okay ? have you lost your parents ? “ I say in a hushed tone trying not to scare her .
“ my mommy and daddy told me to wait here and they will be right back but it's been a couple of days . Truthfully I don’t know how long I’ve been out here I lost count and you seem nice enough . Can you look after me till my mommy and daddy find me , I promise I won’t be a lot of trouble “  The little girls saids with a beg in her voice . Even though she had dull and didn't have anything to make her stand out , I would feel so much guilt if I left her here.
“ What’s your name ? I can’t just take care of you without knowing your name”. I say with a smile . The little girl jumps up in down with joy that someone wants her  .
“ Thank you and for being so nice you can call me whatever” . She saids with rejoice .
The girl had no resemblance to my little sister. She has the most beautiful blonde hair that shine brighter than the sun and her eyes always hold a green emerald similar to a big Green meadow. And yet the girl in front of me can compare to nothing to lily. Was she ugly, no not at all but she was just plain.
      “ do you know what lilies are ?” I asked a simple but meaningful question. Sadly shakes her head no. Looking around I see around the dumpster was flowers sticking out of the concrete.
      “ do you see those green things with colorful things on top . Although those are not Lillys they are flowers . Flowers mean something really special to me and since you will be a special thing in my life I want to name you after flower . My favorite kind is lilies but there is already someone special in  my life named Lily , so instead I’ll name you something related to a lily. So it is very nice to meet you Easter” . 
Easter had a bright smile making me smile as well . “ I’m going somewhere Easter , it’s something I think I should had done along time ago but it seems” I say but was cut off by Easter. I can already feel that she will be a troublemaker.
“ Can we go , I can’t wait to explore the world with you “ she says energetically but somehow confuses me because she looks like she hasn’t eaten or slept in days.
     “ I have an apple for you and you can eat and I’ll give you a piggyback ride then later you can fall asleep while I  give you a piggyback ride, I promise will be there soon”. I say with reassurance. In seconds she jumps on my back . As I carry the girl on my back I still see the dark road ahead of me but Maybe with Easter it could be brighter .

 As I left Easter in one of the rooms in the boat I go to the steering wheel . I know how to sail a boat probably even better than driving a car . Learning how to sail boat and multiple language didn’t come out of nowhere I was just waiting for the moment till I snap , so that I could be prepared . Honestly I wasn’t prepared for Easter but doesn’t that make that oh so the merrier . As I sail the sea there was no amber alerts on my phone of a missing girl . Instead of guessing I’m going to state that my disappearance means nothing .

“ This is too difficult understand I’ll never get it and to be honest this is all pointless” Easter saids beside me “ easter says not cooperating .
“ even though you might not understand right now this is very important to learn . Where we are going they don’t speak our language they speak a different one so we must respect that and learn their language , after all we are just visitors . Plus aren’t you like 10, people at even younger ages learn multiple languages “ I say trying to convince her to repeat the alphabet again . Instead she owes about how she’s actually seven . Lucky number seven . Soon we will run out of gas and even though this might count as child labor we will paddle the rest the way. But I brought extra amounts of gallons of gas with me so we don’t have to Paddle a long way . Besides the extra food that my family carries in the boat I bought extra . I remember before getting on the boat I stop by a store , spent all the money I had on gas and food .   The owner of the store knew me ; he also never question why I  bought gas and food. Thoughts now I’m to my brand if my parents are asking around town of people have saw me . But that’s
idiotic of me to think those thoughts are real. Focusing back on Easter , I try to teach her the alphabet again and hopefully in a year so , she can be fluent.

“ Happy birthday to you “ I sing walking into Easter room . I sing the well known song Easter is shock to see the cake . Originally this wasn’t for her back when I planned running away I thought I might as well celebrate my birthday but now with 1 year with Easter , I’ll rather celebrate her birthday. So when she fell asleep yesterday I got the cake bread out of the cans and tried to make it look Appetizing. Holding a single match in front of her she closes her eye and blows it out . Standing up and getting it if her bed she hugs me .
        “ thank you for taking me in that year ago “ Easter saids with all honesty. Never learning her birthday day we decided that on May 23 ; the day of me running away was her birthday. I have not check the news if a missing girl in Oregon because right now my phones at 5% and I’d rather spend it on something worth more of my time . Though it’s only been a year Easter is almost fluent in Japanese,  just struggles a lot with the writing. There are many times now that maybe I shouldn’t go where I Originally wanted and explore the world with Easter but I don’t want to think about that right now.
         “ A year at sea and stopping at some countries and I still don’t know where you want to go “ Easter saids even though multiple times I tell her it’s a secret till then .

“ a year later and you are still so very curious . Didn’t you know that curiosity killed that cat “ I say trying to end the conversation.

           “ it’s has nine lives he fine “ she said stuffing cake in her face . It saddens me that she can’t Experience great foods or explore the world . Easter deserves the world but because I’m selfish and I have my own desires and put that before Easter . Don't I have an excuse it’s not like she is my daughter or sister so I can put myself before her . Maybe in a sane world I could had been her mother or sister . I just wish sometimes that Easter could had been in my life before the mess of my family , probably she could had saved me .
        “ Do you want to try to sail the boat “ I say casually,  knowing for Easter it’s was something very special. I tried to look at her for her joyful face but somehow under my nose she escaped her room and is already in the Captain den from what I expect . Be careful I yell but she being who she is, she doesn't listen .
“ Now Easter I’m going to ask you to listen , something you don’t do a lot . Learning how to sail a boat is a lot harder than you think and yes before you ask it is harder than learning Japanese . So please promise you will cooperate  with me “ I say sternly . All Easter can do with excitement is nod . After 5 minutes of explaining and holding the the wheel with her she got the hang of it . Eventually after 2 hours of her sailing I went to the other room to get water not before yelling to her to be careful .  Drinking the water I gaze at the water storage we have and see that we are almost out of water .My thoughts were snapped out when I fall to my side trying to get up I’ve fallen again . Through the windows in the room I see lightning then hear thunder . As the thunder gets louder I try my best to Stabilize myself to walk straight to the captain den . There I see Easter trying to control the wheel.

           “ EASTER GO PUT A LIFE JACKET ON” I yell trying to overpower the thunder so she can hear me . Easter with horror nods her head like if it's her only response and runs to to find the nearest life jacket . I can hear her cries but I have to get us out of this storm . I feel like a kid learning how to ride a bike . At first with my parents holding the back of the bike, I’m stable but once they let go I fall. I don’t know how to ride I bike so I never got to stabilize myself just like a boat I didn’t know how to get out of a storm . The boat flips over and wild waves push me down . So not only can I not ride a bike but I can’t swim either , guess luck is always on my side . The boat still close to me I tried my best to swim over there and grabbing a part of it .

          “ MOMMY . PLEASE HELP ME ! “ yells a oh so familiar voice , A voice I now treasure . I see Easter drift away from me going farther away from the boat . Knowing I can’t let Easter slip away from my life I try swimming to her . Every stroke brings me under water causing my lungs to inhale water. Finally reaching Easter with tears from the horror of the storm I give myself The Heimlich Maneuver . Even after swimming to Easter my thoughts and thinking can't progress because of the cold water . Instead of going to the sea of trees I’ll die here from starvation or dehydration and maybe even hypothermia .  Lights enter my eye and I don't know if this is a sign of heaven or maybe this is a symptom of hypothermia . As the light gets brighter I hug Easter closer . Keeping her warm and hoping somehow she will survive this mess. Before the light takes over me I whisper in Easter ear . Im sorry.

“ STOP! , I won’t answer anymore questions till my mommy wakes up “ I hear Easter yell . Opening my eyes I’m in a bed . Stretching and getting up I feel myself wearing a long shirt with baggy pants . Follow the voices of mumbling there I see many people of all shapes , sizes and colors but one stood out then the others , he was right next to Easter .
      “ Easter come here “ I say loud enough to draw attention to me . Easter with Relief with seeing me gets off the chair she is in but is stop by the man in front of her . Looking at one of his friends I’m assuming, he tells him to make sure she doesn’t leave . Then in seconds his eyes are on me. It was hard to tell if I was looking at the ocean or his eyes . The deep dark blue eyes made me recall the shipwreck from last night . As he walks to me he was like the Russian dolls getting bigger and bigger but not in size rather in height . As he towers over me I now know how Easter feels every time I towered over her.
          “ Hello . My name is Christopher “ he saids with Charisma. I simply only nod and look behind him to see that Easter is uncomfortable with the new people around her . Repeating what I said last time to come to me but interfered by Christopher again . “ May I know the name of the woman I’ve saved “ he saids smiling.
        “ Even Easter doesn’t know my name why should I tell you “ I say teasing. Christopher lets out a chuckle before walking closer to me again.
“ Besides saving you and giving you and Easter a place to sleep . I can list more as to why I should know but I’ll leave it alone . But since I Don't know your name and then you won’t learn the purpose of the ships and why their is around 20 people on it . Lastly before I show you where Easter and you will live how come your daughter doesn’t know your name“ Christopher finishes off with a smirk.
       “ Just like how you found me and Easter is how I found Easter . Easter and I need help so you helped us . Easter needed help so I help her . Easter isn’t my daughter and I don’t think of myself as a mother figure to her but I won’t stop making her call me mommy . So if you would be so kind and show us where are room is that will be really nice “ I say quickly wanting to leave and go to sleep again . Christopher smiles again and nods , before leaving he saids goodbye to the bunch in the back and walks to a room . there lays one bed and a dresser . Kissing Easter on the head I tell her to go to sleep and I’ll be there soon . Closing the door there Christopher stands there with alluring eyes.
“ I don’t have money so what do you want for taking us in “ I say .
He leans to my level and saids that maybe he could take me out for breakfast . Laughing I comment that he still doesn't know my name but wants to take me out to eat breakfast , eager aren't we . Instead he smirks and said he wasn’t asking me out rather after breakfast he will show me around. Politely he asks for my hand and as a response I take his hand. We walk back up on deck and there all those people were still there .
“ I hope to see you guys treat the lady in front of me with respect and care . Now you all may go to bed . Goodnight everyone “ Christopher heads me back to my room . Before heading to bed he wishes a good sleep and heads off . Looking away from the door and to the bed I see Easter fast asleep . Scooting next to her in the bed , I fall asleep hoping that this ship is a safe place .

“ Mommy there is someone at the door “ Easter saids tired .
Getting up and walking the the noise , I open it and see christopher . Then he looks at me cuckles before asking if I want some more beauty sleep . Annoyed I try to close the door
But Christopher stopped it with his foot .
  “ I’m sorry I was only joking “ Christopher said flustered by reaction .
“ For breakfast me and Easter will be done there soon “ I say before closing the door . Christopher confused restates what I said and ask why Easter is coming .
“ Well seeing that me and Easter are both new to the ship I thought that we should do the tour together “. I said. Then after I see Christopher walk closer to me and say that maybe he wants to do it just him and me . Laughing at the idea I tell him that me and Easter will be done getting ready . Realizing I have no clothes to change into I leave the room to go tell Christopher for a spare of change clothes. When walking out of the room I see the oddest people , I don’t feel uncomfortable by them rather Curious of them . Walking through the crowd I decide to look up and there on a balcony was Christopher.
“ Oh Romeo , Romeo where is thy Romeo”  I say making contact with Christopher.           I see Christopher and he has a memorizing grin . Letting out a laugh he looks around for a while then turns his attention to me again      
“ It is the east, and Juliet is the sun “ he saids blowing a play kiss my direction. Laughing a bit I single him to come off the balcony. Christopher walking to me where he looks at me with wonder. “ How come you havent change “ He said
“I’m sorry but when me and Easter fell off the ship we didn't really pack our clothes” I say.
Christopher first flustered by my statement then bows politely and apologizes .
“ No worries but can you ask you friends on the boat if they have any clothes leftover preferably a medium size “ I say leading Christopher to just nod giving me reassurance . Giving him a thanks and walking back to room where Easter is brushing her hair . Asking her if she wants braids in her hair she excitedly saids yes. Giving her fishtails crown braids she looks in the mirror saying she is finally beautiful . The reminds me when I used to live with lily even at a young age she worried about what people thought about her . When lily was apart of my family our family was built of insecurities, lies , and unreal happiness. Now with my second chance I won’t ruin it .
“ Easter do you find me beautiful ?” .I ask a simple question. Easter eagerly nods and says of course.
           “ Do you know Easter that I find you beautiful and I don’t want you to change at all” Easter smiles for a second then ask if she looks at al like lily .
          “ No not all. Lily has blonde hair and blue eyes . Lily is its exquisite it and pretty , rather you are beautiful. But I like it that way , you should always remember that the reason I wanted you to come on the boat with me is because you are extraordinary Easter”. I say before kissing her head . Suddenly there is a knock at the door and when opening it a women stood there with two elegant dresses. She speaks clearly and loudly that Christopher gives me and Easter these dresses and she will measure us later to make outfits for us in the future. Before leaving the room she lays the dresses on the bed carefully. Deciding to leave to the room to let Easter change first , I see Christopher waiting at our door.
“ Not being a peeping Tom right ?” I say joking . Christopher shakes his head .
“ Instead of making you find me , I’ll make it easier for you and stay here so you don't have to wander around “ Christopher saids . Right after Christopher finishes his sentence Easter walks out of the room . I now know how it feels when a mother see her daughter grow up ; seeing Easter in her first dress is a memory I won't ever forget . Telling them that I will be quick and change quickly I close the door and see the dress. I’ve always loved to wear dresses , it always made me feel like a princess . As my tummy grumbles I realized Christopher And Easter are waiting so when opening the door to join them I see Christopher with a look of amazement.
           “ I thought you were the type of girl to wear pants rather then dress”. He saids making me reply with that I always preferred dresses and skirts rather than a tomboy look but that doesn’t mean both don’t look great . Christopher only nods agreeing with me . He takes my hand and shows us the dining area where I table in the back looks ready for us . The food on the plates look great and expensive , almost everything on this boat looks expensive except for the boat itself. The boat looks like shipping boat ; really big and with starches and stains all over it . Despite the ugly appearance everything inside is beautiful. As we almost finish our food Christopher turns to me and stands up where he calls for everyone’s attention and him being the captain everyone listens .
           “ let us cheers to the memories ahead of us with Easter and “ he paused still not knowing my name and because he knows I won’t budge he takes my hand making me stand . “ the beautiful lady in front of me “ . To that everyone cheers holding there’s glasses high then drinking . Christopher then looks at me making sure that only are eyes see each other . He and I then click our glasses and smile .
            “ For many years ahead “ Christopher saids whispering to me . I nod agreeing , Christopher then also gives me a genuine smile.

“ So will you join me “ he asked .
I stand wandering where he got flowers from then decided to respond.
          “ If I’m not busy with Easter then maybe I’ll join you “ I say leading him to jump in the air with excitement and then in a second he is gone. Walking back to my room I see Easter painting.
          “ Was that Dad ?“ Easter asked. I laughed then ask her if she thinks of him as a dad .
          “ well mom you hang out with him and everyone can tell you guys gave a thing but since you don’t really open up he is left in the dark “ Easter says truthfully. I know he a nice guy and considering everything he done I should at least be more thankful . Walking to the bed I see what Easter has painted. It almost brought me to
tears . It was a exquisite painting that was me and her .
           “ Although you never told me your birthday, today is a special day to me so consider a birthday gift “ . Easter said . As I admire the painting a little longer I ask her what that special day is . Easter only smirks and says nothing . Deciding that she is a child going through puberty I leave it alone . Easter leaves the room saying that she going to explore the boat and before the door closes I tell her to come back before 11:00 . As the door closes I’m left with my thoughts . Maybe if I try a little harder with my parents or siblings that we could had been more of a family but if that ever happened I wouldn’t have meet Easter or done the things I’ve did . There are some days I want to go back but most days I’m satisfied with the family I have now . These thought seem to consume me the whole day .


                 Before going back to the room to see mom I see dad on the top of the deck with bright lights surrounding him . Curiosity came over me causing me to see the light . Although the brights lights scare me since the incident of the ship being sunk I’ve slowly controlled it to be around such bright lights . Reaching the top I see dad with a glum face .
              “ Christopher why are you here “ I ask then when look around I see the most cutest thing ever . A blanket laid on the ground with two wine glasses and chicken on both plates with chocolate covered strawberries on the side . Surrounding the blanket was lights and candles with some rose petals covering the ground.
             “ I knew your mom wouldn’t come but there was still some hope in me telling myself that she feels the same considering we always are around each other . I remember thinking when we went on a midnight scroll around the boat that I was in love with her and she loved me  . But maybe this whole time it was one sided “. Christopher saids with a tears sliding down his face . Sitting next to him on the blanket I see the view ahead ; magnificent. Looking ahead of me I see the ocean . People talk as if there the king of the world when they see the world in front of them but I feel like a princess ruling over her kingdom . I love it .
 

Checking the time I see it’s 11:23 and choosing to not wait for Easter anymore I go look for her . I didn’t expect her to be with Chris but looking at where they were sitting surprised me more . Was this the place Chris wanted me to join him . Deciding not to come out yet I listen to there conversation.
          “ When did you know your mom loved you Easter “ Chris asked desperately wanting an answer . I hear Easter sigh before responding.
“ When Mom first brought me in I thought she would never love me considering she always brought up her sister lily and for a while I thought I would never feel good enough. Honestly I was fine with it because in the end at least someone took me in . But then one day almost a week before our ship sunk my mom should me how much she really loved me . Although she will admit it , she misses her family. She only wasted her battery percentage on looking up articles of missing girls in Orgren hoping one of them is her or too see if her family has called at all . Slowly over time her battery was dying then today a couple years ago she did something that made me call her mom and to care for her . There was a sunset and beautiful ocean below it . I was dancing to the sound of the waves when I hear music . Mom played a song on her phone with the last 5% she had . We waltzed together and she told me one day I will dance to this same song with the love of my life “ Easter says crying remembering the memory . Honestly I forgot about the memory because now I hold even more precious memories with my daughter. Christopher smiles at her then starts taking.
               “ I knew I loved her when she kissed my cheek. It was last year and was today too , it was the first time she made the first move “ . Chris says almost dazed . I then hear them talk about how I’m important to them . Sneakily walking back down the stairs , I walk up them louder to grab their attention . They both turn to me then I let out a laugh
              “ I thought this was a date only between us Christopher “ I say acting as if I didn’t hear their conversation before . Chris gets up nervously and clumsy saying with excitement that I actually came. Walking to him I kiss his cheek before saying why I wouldn’t I come . Chris blushes then talks flustered. I turn to Easter then ask why she isn’t in the room .
              “ Sorry Mom I guess I lost track on time” she said. I tell her to go to sleep and I’ll see her soon . Leaving I yell thank you for the painting. I see a bright smile from Easter when I say it , leaving me to also smile . As the night goes on me and Chris talk about our future together with Easter as a family. As he walks me back to my room , I’m about to walk inside when I pause and turned to him and ask him “ when are we going to stop by Japan “.

“ why you want to come here honey “ Chris asks me and Easter agrees too while nodding. I turn to both of them
           “ I’ll be quick , I love you both “ I say walking to the forest and seeing them blow kisses to me . After a years later I finally came to the sea of trees or know as Aokigahara. Back when I was 18 I had a different plan when I came here . Many years of feeling pointless and overall like s*** I can say that death seems to be the only way although now those feelings and thoughts are gone . Leaving a letter on a high tree I leave knowing I’ll never come back for the original reason I came . Walking back to the entrance I do admire the beauty of the forest . And there ahead of me is Christopher , Easter and Christopher’s friends from the boat. When going back on the boat I ask Easter to say the alphabet in Japanese to me which she laughs and says no . Going back to our room Christopher eventually leaves saying he has to go to a meeting. Leaving me and Easter , alone the silence was broken by sounds of crying. Turning to Easter I ask why she is crying .
                “ Although the alphabet was hard to learn, I still learned it so I’m fluent in Japanese . So when reading the signs of the forest I thought you were going to kill yourself and I thought was it because I was a bad daughter” . Choking on her tears Easter stops .
            “ Easter I love you and you are a amazing daughter please never think like that again “. Easter briefly nods . I bring her in a tight hug .
           “ You know Easter the cat still has 8 lives and when you are old enough I will tell you why I went the the sea of trees “. Putting Easter in her bed and tucking her in , I kiss her head and let her sleep. Waiting for Christopher to come I lay in bed impatient. Suddenly arms wrap around me , I was startled at first because I was falling asleep but knowing it’s Christopher I hold him closer . 
            “ Honey when will you tell me your name . Everytime I imagine your last as mine it’s hands when it’s Easter’s Mom Charles “. I laugh at his comment the tell him a cat has 9 lives and if he will take one of his lives .
            “ Women I’m madly in love with what is your name ?” Wanting it to be sincere I turned to him and say Venus .

“ First Japan now Oregon , what’s with exploring” Christopher says . I yell back at him if he wants to use a life , he shakes his head and waves a goodbye as he leaves me on deck .
            “ Honey I’ll be back with Easter in a or so this is just something I should had done long ago too”. Christopher just waves goodbye and I hold Easter hand tightly.
            “ Do you remember this place Easter” This where I found you Mom she responds with. Almost walking back in time I see the dumpster where I found Easter then the road ahead of me and a home . Knocking on the door it I see mom and dad. I’ve never seen such relief faces in my life.
         “ Lily Venus is home “ mother saids crying. Suddenly I’m brought into a hug feeling love so warm I cry with them . As lily attack’s me with a hug , I see the beautiful woman she became. Jake comes down the stairs asking what the ruckus is for. He asks me Venus ? I reply with is that really you smarting pants . And after many hugs and emotional they invite me in .
            “ Who is this ?” Lily ask . Looking proudly at Easter I say see is me daughter. My concerned ask where the father is . After telling what happened the night I ran away and how I met Easter then Christopher and explains how he is the father . My mother first cries saying she is sorry for the night of the fight and even though she can never take it back she is proud of who I became. Kissing her cheek I thank her then ask how lily and jake lives have been. Lily talks about her boyfriend and how she has good grades in high school. Jake answer that he did become a smarty pants and now owns a small company and he is on vacation and when he is on vacation he come back to this house hoping one day I’ll come back . He talks about his wife who is spending her vacation with her family . Noticing it’s gotten dark I leave with a far well knowing  this time I haven’t ran away but rather a see you soon . The dark road ahead of me used to scare me but with Easter and Christopher in mind it is brighter . And as me , Christopher and Easter look at the sea ahead of us , I can’t wait for the future it holds .

“What does it say Connor ?” I hear Anne tell me , responding I read the letter .
              “ Wanting to kill yourself is the lowest it gets ,now there is only up from here . You will experience things you thought were only possible movies or books . You will have your first love something you cherish or despise. You will hear a baby cry , eat foods you have never tried before and maybe have a allergic reaction or hate it. You might find out how many licks it gets to the center of lollipop. You will most likely have sex with the background music being a kpop song but you will like it anyways . A random girl might tell you how much panda eat a day ; I would but another random girl will . You will be able to look up from a high place and not worry about falling to your death . Their is books that will enrich you . You eat butter popcorn while watching The breakfast club. You smile , laugh and have sex. And talk till midnight to the moon and laugh till it hurts . Although you feel as if it could never be better it’s only a symptom of depression . So please hang on there if you can. Life is waiting for you . 



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.