Death wish | Teen Ink

Death wish

May 12, 2016
By 96073, springville, Utah
More by this author
96073, Springville, Utah
0 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Always be yourself unless you can be a unicorn then always be a unicorn.


Author's note:

I'm a yooung writer but I know what i'm doing

Death wish
    Zack
      I ran out to the car and jumped in,mom was in the front seat and we drove quickly home we didn’t say anything.When we got home everything was going on at once.There were three police cars and a bunch of neighbors.I pushed through the crowed and found my little sister on the floor eyes wide open and motionless. Dead. I rushed to her and tried not to cry.
      Kristie came running in she had been lily’s best friend. She came and kneeled by lily and sobbed. I haven’t seen her cry since she broke her leg in the second grade. Even that was less than now. Luke and jackson came in together slowly. They looked at lily then to me.They wisely let me be alone and sat on the couch.
Kristie
    When luke came into my math class and told my teacher he needed to talk to me I freaked out.Luke had not so much as looked at me let alone talk to me. I went out in the hall and his expression darkened.”What?”I asked.”I shouldn’t be the one telling you this but lily died.”he said.“Right,cut the act am I being pranked?”I asked looking around.”No i’m serious you have to believe me and we have to go.”He looked so serious I believed him. Blood drained from my face and I started to feel dizzy. “NO! Kristie you have to stay awake we have to go.” While shaking my shoulders. I let him guide me out to a car I felt numb and all the good memories of lily started flashing in my mind.
      Once we got there I ran through the crowed  of people in the house I saw zack standing by her.Lily! She really was dead I couldn’t believe it. This couldn’t happen to her! I tried not to cry but it came out anyway. I knelt by her and sobbed for about ten minutes straight till luke touched my shoulder and told me we had to leave.
Luke
     I knew something was wrong even before Zack came to tell me his sister had died. He told me he had to leave but to go get Kristie and Jackson. I got Jackson he went to the waiting car while I got Kristie.
At first she didn’t believe me when I told her that her best friend had died. But when I repeated myself she believed me and looked like she was  going to faint. I shook her and she looked at me. I had never noticed how pretty her eyes were. She just looked at me confused what to do with herself.
“Come on.”I said gently and took her hand to lead her outside. Her hand felt so good in mine. I always remember Lily as a cheerful little ten year old always giggling with a friend. But when I saw her on the ground I knew she had gotten older. It made me wish I had paid more attention. A while later an officer told me we all had to leave so they could take the body. I nodded and went to go tell kristie she was still crying I touched her shoulder and she looked up.”It’s time to go.” Isaid and she stood up slowly and walked past me.
       
Zack
    We all went outside and ate some snacks mom had and sat on the front lawn. I still couldn’t believe something like this could happen. I tried to think of something else anything else but I couldn’t. Luke came over and sat next to me. “Hey how are you doing.” He said hesitantly. “Fine, I guess.” I said I didn’t really know how I felt. Lily is gone it didn’t sound right to me. I had been a really bad brother but she had always been there for me.
Kristie
       I felt like I needed to be stronger then this. I had to stop letting this tear me apart. I ate then went home. I only lived two houses away from lily. I flopped on my bed and cried. I fell asleep a few hours later. I woke up screaming. I couldn’t even remember what I dreamed about. I had to go to school. I got ready quickly and went to school. No one knew what had happened like they would even care. They didn’t understand I walked past a group of kids angrily. I walked towards my first class. Luke caught up with me.”Hey you holding up?”He asked he looked worried.”Oh i’m fine I just feel like my heart has been ripped into shreds and stepped on by the whole school,thanks for asking.”I said sarcastically. “Wow it's okay i was just wondering. Anyway I was just checking on you this is really hard on zack to.” He said then we walked past Jackson and Zack. “Well I’ll see you later.” Luke said then went to go talk to them.
Luke
        Once I was done talking to Kristie I went to go walk with Zack and Jackson. “YOu Flirting with Kristie,Luke?” Asked Jackson with a smirk. “What! No her best friend just died.” I said but I could feel my cheeks burning. The bell rang and we split and went to class.  At lunch I saw Kristie again and waved She gave me a look then waved back. I then got this crazy feeling what was the reason lily died? She hadn’t fallen down the stairs or anything she looked perfectly fine but dead. No one had told us what had happened then I realized what might have happened.


Zack
      Luke ran up and said “What do you think happened to lily?”I just stared at him for a minute he was acting completely crazy.”Ummm… the doctors say that it might have been a heart attack or some sort of disease. Why?” “because what if it wasn’t think about this she didn’t show any signs of being sick or freaked out before it happened did she?” he asked “No of course not we would have noticed.”I said “But now that I think about it she was taking a lot of medication.”that was a little weird to me but I didn’t think it would cause anything. “Anyway what does it matter?” I said frustratedly “Because what if it weren’t a natural cause what if” he then pulled me a little closer and looked around.”What if she was murdered.I almost burst out laughing why would anyone want to hurt my little sister? She was so kind to everyone and knew how to make people laugh. “ What if it was true though?”Asked luke.
Kristie
         I went and sat at an empty table and ate in a hurry I wanted to catch up with some other friends and had gotten here a little late.But luke and Zack came up in front of me and started talking in a hurry. ”Tell us everything you know about lily.”luke demanded “Hi to you too.”I said and rolled my eyes. “What do you want to know and why?”I said. “Because we don’t think lily died accidentally and we want to figure out anyone who might have wanted to kill her.”I sat there in shock for what was probably ten seconds but felt like hours. “What do you need to know?”I said determined to help if I could. “Do you know anyone that might be really really mad at her?”Asked Zack. “No one hates lily she is a sweet little seventeen year old. But there might be one.” I hesitated I didn’t know if I should tell them then realizing that it wouldn’t do her any harm “Okay there is one her Ex Boyfriend he was acting weird the other day and she broke up with him.She had wanted to do it for a while but that was the final straw.”I said matter o'factly. They just looked stunned for a minute “Wasn’t she to young to have a boyfriend?”asked luke “What do you mean she was almost seventeen” I said. They just stared at me “Oh come on you really didn’t know your own sister's age?”I asked Zack. “Well I didn’t know exactly I thought she was fifteen or so.”He said looking as bashful as i’ve ever seen him. “Anyway i’m friends with him so I can get into his house easily he has a little sister too she's about ten.”I said and walked off. After school I waited for them at the front doors and we walked home together we all lived close to the school and I told them more I knew.
Luke
    Kristie turned around once we got to Zack's house and freaked out.I turned around and saw what she did it was him, Kaden he was smiling and said “ Oh I thought I might find you over here I just wanted to say how sorry I am that Paige died and I hope you are all doing okay.” “We're fine.”I said and turned around and walked into the house Kristie on my heal.
Zack
         “I Guess we will never know what happened to paige.”I said as we were digging through some of Kadens stuff I had given up on this a while ago but Kristie and Luke were still trying to find something that would prove he had murdered her. At least we had become friends through this and we would be for the rest of our lives.



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.