The Easy Day Was Yesterday

Author's note: I felt like owed it to the men who can't say what their training is like. I wanted to be the one...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I felt like owed it to the men who can't say what their training is like. I wanted to be the one that let the world see what real hard work is thats why I wrote this book.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »

Welcome To Reality men!

The water was utterly cold. The waves were crashing and pounding the ocean floor. Calm citizens sitting on the sandy beach eating lunch with their profound families. I could be with them enjoying looking at all birds in the sky and waiting for stars to rise. No that’s not what I can do because I signed up for the most rigorous training in the naval special forces. I signed up to go to training to become a superb marksman. So there I sat watching all the families in a big rubber blow up boat filled with a bunch of recruits for training. The only one in the boat with experience was our military instructor for B.U.D.S basic under water demolition school. The instructors name was P.O petty officer 3rd class Riley Johnson. Instructor Riley decided to stand up in the boat with an evil grin on his face. He began to speak “You signed up for one of the biggest toughest naval special warfare training”
He then laughed and said “Let’s just hope you boys know how to swim. “ He then shouted “You are to hit the water and swim approximately 1.5 miles following my tail is that understood!”
Our squad all shouted “Yes Sir!” He then screamed! “Hit the water!” We all hit the water it felt like knives stabbing my skin that’s how cold it was. Some men screamed and said they can’t swim. The instructor jumped in the water and started flying through the water. We all struggled seeing the water since now it was night time. I just followed the recruit in front of me while swimming at a race car pace. Thank god he was following the instructor. It wasn’t till about a half mile in till I was able to barely see the instructors head swimming in the lead!
We made the 1.5 mile and the instructor yelled “Swim back to shore!” I thought that was crazy its 2 miles back to shore and we are all exhausted. The instructor caught me rolling my eyes and said my name. “Hey Searcy I see you rolling your eyes at me again you’re going to have the shore punishment.”
What’s a shore punishment I pondered. We were 1.0 miles in so far and I couldn’t hold my weight much longer in this water. My lungs were in excruciating pain, my heart pounded so fast and hard I think it was about to burst through my bones! Several minutes later our squad made it to the shore and I was done. This was my limit. I tried to stand up in the shallow water twice but I fell every time hitting my cheek and my body on the grinding sand. The current was like a black hole pulling me out to sea. I finally stood to my feet and looked to see half of my squad in the water. The other half was all arranged in squad lines standing in the freezing sand, facing the opposite way of the ocean with the instructor standing in front of them.
Instructor Riley then immediately saw me while I was looking at the squad and then said “Hey Searcy glad to see you made here after all.“ Instructor Riley said “Well today was a good day boys but we will be continuing this for 4 more weeks so be prepared and today was the easiest day. So hit the bunks!” I wobbled to the white wall disconnecting the beach to the parking lot. I opened the gate and there I saw a huge building with the sign on the front saying the navy seal motto ‘The Easy Day Was Yesterday”.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15 Next »