Feudal Era Japan and a Lost Vampire | Teen Ink

Feudal Era Japan and a Lost Vampire

By SteeleFire, Riverview, Florida
SteeleFire, Riverview, Florida

My first story about vampires. Please bear with me.

I could smell it, that aroma every damned creature knows and loves, the smell of copper and salt filled
my nose.

Where am I? I thought. I was slowly coming out my conscious state of mind. I could feel the
dirt underneath my nails and I began to push myself up from the ground.

How did I get here? I pondered. I was no longer in the year 1819 with my beloved Katerina
Cyrus. As I began to look around at my surroundings I realized that I appeared to be in Feudal Era
Japan. I have only heard stories of this era. For a 600 year old vampire you'd think I know more, but
sadly I don't. Let me tell you my tale of how I got here, seeing as I myself don't know.

I wondered the battle field that I clearly stood in, the demon bodies where a big give away, and
calmly walked to the end of the field pondering on my being here.

1819:

It was July 13th, 1819. Katerina and I lived in Rome. Ah the beautiful city of Rome. I had just
finished turning Katerina into a vampire as we had just gotten married, and as a promise I was to turn
her into a vampire. Oh excuse me where are my manners I had forgotten to introduce myself. I am
Alexander Hunter Corvin one of the Original vampires out of the many. I was born in the year 1200
and did not realize I was a vampire 'til the age of 19, 1219 if you will, and since then I have not aged,
gained incredible in human abilities, and supernaturals powers. Katerina Emile Cyrus is my beloved
wife that I have just finished turning into a vampire. She is the same age as I when I first found out.
Katerina is a beautiful young woman standing at five feet four inches, with long wavy black hair, the
bluest of blue eyes, and olive skin with bright red lips, so soft that you wished you never stopped
kissing them. As for myself standing at five feet nine inches, I have blueish black hair of medium
length, piercing emerald green eyes, soft warm pink lips, (or so Katerina describes them, I personally
find them rather cold.) and a fair skin tone. Not all vampires are the same though. Many of them are
paler, due to the lack of human blood in their system, and have menacing crimson red eyes, but the
vampires that do feed on blood, animals and humans, maintain their regular eye colors and sometimes
the blood we drink enhance the color.

Now fast-forward to Italy, Katerina and I have decided to spend our honeymoon here. And here
is where it all happened. We encountered them. The first original vampires. Caine, Marcus, and Altivo.
The deadly trio, many have said that if you had crossed them, well not many live to tell the tale. Altivo
being the head leader of the trio confronted us at the altar of Della Patria with an invataion to his castle
off the coast of Italy.

“Ah Alexander Corvin and Mrs. Katerina Cyrus. I would be delighted if the both of you joined my
brothers and myself for a dinner at my castle.” Altivo explained. Something about the way his pale
skin and crimson eyes did not appeal to me, and I normally am a friendly person towards the crimson
eyed ones.

“I am sorry Altivo but I must gracesiously refuse your offer.” I don't know I have said that but I did and
I could feel the acid rolling off my toungue as I did so, I only hoped he hadn't.

“Well then Alex, may I offer you and your lovely wife a room at our castle at least. Please stay the
night.” He said in an icy form that I knew I was in for trouble. And I do not know why but I took it as a
challenge and accepted it without thinking.

“ALEX!!” Katerina's sweet velvet voice became a horrid piercing cry for help down the
corridor I knew she was down in.

“KATERINA!” I shouted. “I'M COMING!” I was currently fighting off Caine and Marcus, they
indeed stronger than I, but they lack the energy I possesed.

“Where do you think you're going boy!” Shouted Marcus as I ducked his blow and struck him
in between the ribs. Marcus was furious,

“I'm going to save my wife! You coniving scoundrel. HOW DARE YOU INVITE INTO YOUR
HOME THEN TAKE HER FROM ME!” I screamed as he lounged at me and I managed to duck and
rip his heart out and he did so. Caine, no more furious than an Asian tiger, began to circle me. I did the
only thing I knew I could. As I held Marcus's heart in my left hand I began to drink the remaining
blood left in it. I knew this would infuriate Caine to attack me. As Marcus's blood corrised through my
veins I could feel Caine's eyes widen in fury and then lounge at me. I side stepped to the left, dodging
his attack. The only thing I thought was to take Katerina away from this horrid palace.

After I managed to rip Caine's head off and devour his heart I raced down the corridor,
searching for my wife. I opend the last door to the right at the end of the corridor and flew down the
flight of stairs that had surprised me. I knew Altivo was at the end of the stairs with my wife and I was coming for him.

As I reached the bottom of the corridor I could smell Katerina's blood. What has he done to her?! I thought.

I reached the location of where Altivo was holding her. His mouth on her neck that was dripping
blood. I was furious, my only thought before I lounged at Altivo was Japan and how in Japan he'd be
dead within an instant, leaving myself and Katerina the two remaining originals known on Earth, if
there are more let it be known they should not cross Alexander Hunter Corvin.

Feudal Day Japan.

my nose.

Wait a minute... Where is he?! Where is Altivo!? I began to shout in my mind. I franticaly
looked all over the field hoping to find the fiend, but instead all I found was green long horned demon
ripped to shreds in four places. I ran in the direction of the sun hoping it would lead me to a village. It did.

Upon nearing the village I ran into a girl, long black hair, brown eyes, and fair skin. She was
wearing something that doesn't quiet match this era. A grass green skirt, a white blouse with a red
handkerchife tied underneath her green flaps of her blouse. She was being followed by a boy a 599
years younger than myself. An 18 year old. He was wearing a red kimono that fit the era's clothing,
had long white silvery hair and what seemed to me two white little dog ears, that of Shiba Inu, if I'm
not mistaken, and he had bright gold eyes. A dog demon I assume, or a half-breed also known as a
hanyou. I thought, seeing as he recked of a wet dog smell.

“HEY! YOU! What do you!?” The demon asked me.

“Oh. Nothing I was just wondering if you could help me. I'm looking for a vampire.” I told him
“Forgive me my name is Alexander Hunter Corvin.” I said introducing myself.

“Hi I'm Kagome Higurashi and this is Inuyasha Inutashio. Forgive him, he doesn't like strangers.” The
girl stated.

“No apologizes needed Ms. Higurashi.” I said with a smile. She blushed.

“Hmph...” Was what I heard coming from the half breed.

“You said you where looking for a vampire?” Inuyasha asked in angry tone.

“Indeed I am. His name is Altivo, perhaps you might have seen him? Pale skin, bright crimson eyes,
sleek black hair, and is wearing a black suit with a matching red tie.” I described, not realizing I had
paid more attention to Altivo's wardrobe.

Kagome pondered a bit before telling me what I needed to know.

“Was he dripping blood from his left arm?” She asked.

“He was. I had bitten it before we came here.” I responded calmly. I had bitten Altivo just before we
arrived in Japan.

“Inuyasha think you can sniff him out?” She turned to her companion who glared at me from his
current location.

“And why would I do that? What if he is league with Naraku?! Kagome you can't just offer help to
every person who comes asking....” His face had suddenly hit the ground.

“SIT!” Was all I heard coming from the girl.

“Fine. You win.” He mumbled, with his ears flat against his head.

I had a grin upon my face when they agreed to help me look for the coniving fiend that tortured
my wife and myself on OUR honeymoon.

“Thank you.” Was what I managed to say.

“Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Do you something of his that I can use to sniff him out with?” Inusyasha asked
angrily, as he wiped the dirt off his face.

I dug around my pockets hoping for a piece of cloth or something. Deep within my right pocket I found
it. I could feel the silk that belonged to the tie I had torn, and gently pulled it out of my pocket and
handed it to the half-breed.

“His silk tie.” I said as he grabbed it from my hand. It was obvious he didn't care. Inuyasha sniffed the
piece of silk fabric and started to sniff the air.

“Follow that path and you should find him.” He said grumpily. Kagome glared at him.

“Thank you. Inuyasha. Kagome.” I bid them farewell and raced off in the NorthEast direction he
pointed me to.

I could smell his blood now. I was getting close. A vampire such as himself could't find any herbs that
are needed to heal a wound from anouther vampire, beit a bite or scratch. I followed the smell to a
stream and waterfall.

Of course. The waterfall. I should have thought to look here first. I thought. I sprinted through the
water landing inside a rock cave that was cleverily hidden behind the falls. The scent was stronger
now. It was dark inside but I could see well enough to see that the demon that took me away from my
wife was infront of me.

“Ah Alexander. How nice of you to come. Here to finish the job are you?” Altivo asked. I glared at the
man infront me wishing he'd die from the stare itself.

“Yes, Altivo. I have.” I responded. I was still full of vampire blood, the blood of his brothers, and soon
his.

Altivo rose from the ground assuming a fighting stance. He growled a fierece growl that would
scare any other oppenonet that was not myself. I stood my ground and glared. Thinking of my beloved Katerina and how much I wanted to be with her. I lounged at Altivo with the same amount of force as last time, this time sending us back to his castle.

“ALEX?!” I heard. That familar voice I heard no less than three hours ago.

“Katerina?” How stupid could I be. Why would I ask that. Of course it's her. I ran to her and embraced
her in the tightest hug I could possibly give her. Smoothering her in the deepest most passionate kisses. When Altivo and I jumped through the time veil this time, I had knocked his head off and ripped his rib
cage open showing his beating heart that Katerina had ripped out.

I was home. Finally home, where I belonged. With my Cyrus. My Katerina Emile Cyrus
Corvin. As we drank from the heart of Altivo I managed to squeeze the last three words you my fellow
friends will ever see again. I love you. And with that you are left with a vauge memory of Alexander
Hunter Corvin and Katerina Emile Cyrus. The last two remaining originals.