Angel's Among Us

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 16 Next »

Sami

The clang of the bell startled me. I quickly stood as A Look Into Geometry slapped onto the floor. Cheeks beat red, I crouched to gather my book when I saw a figure standing in front of my light wooden desk: “Need a hand?” asked Shane Oston.

“Uh…er…um…yeth…I mean, yes!!” I responded too loud. Other students turned for a moment before gathering their items to hurry to their next class.

Picking up my completed lesson notes, he asked “So, you like math?”

“Sure. It’s ok”

“I don’t…I just can’t make sense of anything. I don’t know why they put me in this stupid class year after year.”

“Well, ya know, it is school.” WHAT? I asked myself. Here is Shane freaking Oston, saying more to me than he EVER has, and here I am making a fool of myself? I mean I know I’ve never had a boyfriend, and I will probably never get a chance if I keep acting like this!

He interrupted my self-argument: “It’s ok if you don’t want to”

“What?”

“I asked if you wanted to maybe help me…you know…like a tutor?”

With a knotted stomach and pounding heart, I quickly said the first thing that came to my mind: “Sure, whenever is fine for me.”

“OK, how about Friday at study hall, I can get a library pass if you want to meet there.” His smooth voice, like angels singing from above, invited me to the library.
“Oh yes that’s ok.” I waved goodbye and practically stomped the whole way to lunch. I spent my time daydreaming about Shane’s body beside me at a library table, close enough for me to feel the heat his body radiated. I hardly noticed that jelly had splattered on my shirt from my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

This book has 1 comment. Post your own now!

BloodyMary said...
You're hooking me up in this really cute novel of yours. :)