Asian Life

Author's note: My life inspired me to write a story and I want everyone to be given a chance in life and never...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: My life inspired me to write a story and I want everyone to be given a chance in life and never give up on your dreams. With hard work you will get there one day.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next »

School life

At school I found year 10 really hard. Everyone was talking about GCSE’s and the future. I couldn’t be bothered with any of it. I needed my six week holidays quick. Holidays were all right. We would never go anywhere fancy we couldn’t afford it, we just stayed home. When it used to be sunny outside used to always go out and play. Asian girls are not meant to go out dad used to say. They need to stay home and learn how to cook. Look at your cousin she can do it; she’s always in. who stays home on their holidays. I used to love going out in the sun. But I would be scared when my dad saw me out. When I used to see my dad I used to always hide. I used to go to my friends so they couldn’t see me. Outside made me feel so much better then staying in a crowded house I used to love the fresh air and the freedom. My excuse for going out was my little brother and sister; I had to look after them. My brother used to love it when he was out, he loved the fresh air. He could run around without knocking anything over. Asian girls are not allowed out they have to stay home. Most of the girls around my end where only allowed out because of their younger siblings. They would cry to go out then they would have no choice then take them. Most of them loved it wished that they never grow up and stayed small, so they can take them out. In the summers I found it really hard sleeping. Sometimes I used to have sleepless nights and wish for the morning to come quick, then I could go out. Sleeping in a room with 9 people and a little window was not good. I used to get so warm at night. It felt like standing near the sun. It used to be worse for my mum she had to share a single bed with my brother. In the morning she would be in pain, sometimes her back would hurt the other times it was her leg. My dad used to sleep downstairs which was even uncomfortable. Every morning I would go downstairs and tell them to go up because I couldn’t watch them suffer. It was horrible. My mum brought a fan once but it wasn’t any good. It used to still be warm at night. Really warm sometimes I used to find it hard to breathe just wanted to take all my clothes off. My little brother who was 5 never moaned about anything but I knew this is not what he wanted. He always wanted a Ben 10 sofa but he could only have that when he had his own room. There was no room to put anything. In the room their used to be a bump bed, sleeping on the top used to be Saima the third youngest. On the bottom there was kiran and Sana sharing a single bed. Kiran used to be squashed to the wall so she found it difficult every night but never moaned about it. My bed was a camp bed which wasn’t good for my back. Mum said “another bed will not fit”. So I had to manage with a little one. Every morning I would have back aches but not once I said anything. I did not want my parents to worry. If my dad could sleep on the sofa I could sleep on a rough bed.