New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Asian Life

Author's note: My life inspired me to write a story and I want everyone to be given a chance in life and never...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: My life inspired me to write a story and I want everyone to be given a chance in life and never give up on your dreams. With hard work you will get there one day.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 Next »

Family life

Downstairs everything looked normal. My mum was happy again. She was cooking tea. Sitting around the table I kept looking at her. She was wiping her eyes she was crying again. I wanted to go up to her but I didn’t know what to say. Why was life so hard for my mum she didn’t deserve it. My dad came and sat on the table. They never asked us about school, they were always quiet. My dad past wasn’t so good as well they lost their arm whilst working in the factory. They work so hard just for us to have the life they never had. After the factory was closed dad went to work as a taxi driver, morning and night working just for us. I didn’t like my dad being a taxi driver. I used to be so scared when they use to work at night. My mum told me a story about this man she told my dad to. Let me see if I can remember it. There was this taxi driver he was working at night. He went to the pub to pick some lads up that had been a bit drunk. The lads wanted to be dropped off outside this building. When the taxi driver got there had he had known he was going to die tonight. The lads kicked and punched his head. They took all his money that he worked hard for. Every morning and night working hard just to provide for his family, but what do some idiots do take his innocent life. They stabbed him in the neck and face several times, they made sure that he had a miserable dead. When he suffered enough they wanted to give him more so they drove the car over him. They laughed and didn’t have a care in the world. The worse thing was they left him to die. Imagine dying the idea scares you. Some hooligans think its funny making some one suffer. The mother only had one son and they took it all away. They don’t even think what affect it will have on the family. My mum used to always wait for my dad. When he was at home and she knew he was safe, she would then go to bed. You can’t even be your own boss just listen to others “you have to come to work now” who do they think they are. They never gave my dad a day off. We suffer if we don’t have our holidays. But they don’t have a choice taxi drivers. They would ring you when you would be a sleeping or eating and tell you to come to work straight away. They didn’t care about your problems. That’s how it was with my dad. On Eid when it’s the time to enjoy it the most with your family. My dad gets a call that they have to go work. Looking in their eyes I knew they didn’t really want to go but they had no choice. The boss was always rude on the phone. But my dad is a nice person they would never say anything bad about anyone. My dad always dreamed of having other jobs but they were scared. They wanted to have their own restaurant and farm. But they just weren’t good enough to make that happen that’s what they thought. They didn’t have a lot money like everyone else. They were just shy and scared. Dad used to work long hours. They would work all night and then come home at 7 in the morning. I used to always be scared when they were out. I used to be a wake when they used to come, I would always be happy when I heard their car parking up. But it was a day after another and then another worrying. I hated their job. Every hour they would just earn £2.60. I always felt guilty. As I was the second oldest it was my job to help out. But I just didn’t know what I could do. I wanted to be a writer but everyday I would try but get no where. I love writing I could write all day. Sometimes I would do it and know nothing good will happen. But I wanted to get something out of it, I wanted to be rich and give my mum and dad the life they never had.