Asian Life

Author's note: My life inspired me to write a story and I want everyone to be given a chance in life and never...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: My life inspired me to write a story and I want everyone to be given a chance in life and never give up on your dreams. With hard work you will get there one day.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Next »

Family life

My mum got married in Pakistan and then came to England with my dad. When they first came here they didn’t have a house so they had to share with my cousins. Whenever my dad went to work it was judgement time for my mum. My cousins who are big and you would expect more of used to bully my mum. They use to always get her into trouble and pull her hair and throw cold water on her. When my mum tried telling my dad he never believed it and used to think she was lying. No one believed her or helped her. I couldn’t believe what she was saying. She was telling my grandad how she felt when no one would believe her. From all people I would expect my grandad to help her. Once her in laws told her to cook dinner. As she went to the kitchen she didn’t know that they had followed her. She was cooking saag an Asian dish known as spinach. When she left the dish to cool down they had gone in and poisoned it. They had put loads of water and salt in. When she had come back in she put it on the plate ready for serving. She was so happy that she cooked something but didn’t know what my cousins had done. When all my cousins threw it out their mouth she was so embarrassed. She just didn’t know what had gone wrong. My Auntie juts stared pulling her from the ear and taking her to the kitchen. She started shouting and swearing at her. If she didn’t know how to cook then why did she waste all the food
She said. My cousins didn’t even think about telling the truth but laughed along with everyone else. My Auntie felt embarrassed and didn’t let me back in the room. She left me in the dark and cold. I was so scared but no one would listen everyone thought I was lying. Why would I lie? When my husband used to come back from work he used to be the same. They would always play tricks on me and I never liked it. Once when it was snowing and I was pregnant they kicked me out the house. I had no where to go, I was really cold and lonely. Luckily for me this women lived a street away knew what I was going threw and let me in. She was like a mum to me. I wished I had my own mum but she was in Pakistan and I couldn’t get to her. I could never talk to her on the phone because they were watching. She would give me something warm to eat and drink. She would let me stay in her house for how ever long I wanted, but I had to go back or I would be in more trouble. They would never believe me if I said I stayed over at some women’s house. At this time now I had closed the door behind me and I was sitting on top of the stairs. It was dark so my mum couldn’t see me. She was crying so much half her scarf was nearly wet. She was begging my dad to get his own house but he couldn’t afford it. Everyday was so hard I wish I was dead I don’t know how I managed. Without that woman I don’t know where I would be. She was kind, loving and caring. The door slammed open, it was my sisters and brothers they had come back from school. My mum quickly wiped her tears. I wiped mines to and quickly ran into the room. I couldn’t believe that happened to my mum. There was a lot more to find out but my mum didn’t want my little to brother to see her upset.