Love on the Plains

Author's note: I used to watch westerns alot and I just wanted to use my knowledge of Indians and mix it with...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I used to watch westerns alot and I just wanted to use my knowledge of Indians and mix it with some of my creativity and find out what exactly I could do with something this realistic.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »

INDIAN!!

I woke up and didn’t remember where I was. Then I looked around to find myself on my parents’ wagon. Ah yes, we’re moving west to the plains where nothing has ever been settled but Indian villages. I didn’t like it one bit, but I guess it could be the adventure that I’ve hoped for since I was a little girl. I was crossing my dainty fingers as I twirled my blond hair into my usual ponytail. My bangs would frame my face, which my aunt Caroline says it makes my evergreen eyes stand out. The men of the wagon train hadn’t arisen yet, so it was just mother, Aunt Caroline, and some of the other women to fix breakfast. It would be eggs, bread, and sausage that we had picked up at the general store before we left our little town in Mississippi. Thankfully Daddy let me bring Black Jack. Black Jack is my most beloved horse that I’ve had since I was about six or seven. He lives up to his name, he’s black as the ace of spades and is buck wild with everybody but me and Mama. He won’t even let Daddy ride him without some sort of bucking or protesting. I love him to death but even he can’t take care of me the way a man could. I’ve been dreaming of a love life since I saw my cousin, Lucy, get swept off her feet and married.
“Lacey! Stop day dreaming!” My mother yelled from the campfire.
“Sorry Mama! Do you need me to do anything?” I asked skipping over to her.
“Yes, dear can you get me the eggs out of the wagon?” I nodded and walked over to the back of the wagon. I started rummaging through the packs and boxes to find the eggs. Just when I saw them I felt two warm hands on my hips pulling me backwards. I started to scream but my mouth was covered by one of the hands that used to cover my left hip. The person turned me around and there standing before me was the most beautiful copper-skinned man I had ever seen. He looked to be just two or three years older than my sixteen years but he was absolutely beautiful. He uncovered my mouth when he saw the star stricken look in my eyes. We just stood there for what seemed like forever until Aunt Caroline came around the wagon and saw us.
“INDIAN!!!!!” She screamed at the top of her lungs and then Daddy was there to see us just standing there. The man picked me up and ran to his horse; he mounted the beautiful paint and yanked me up after him. We rode off with Daddy yelling after us.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Next »