Snowstorm

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Next »

Chapter 3: The Secure Security Room

Travis

Whoever this kid - Sam - was, we both ran for the elevator. “Where will you be going today, Sir?” I said, mimicking an elevator operator.

“Top floor,” Sam gasped, having ran in the wrong direction and then sprinting back.

“East or West?” I said.

“JUST THE TOP FLOOR!!!!!” Sam shouted.

“Ok, ok. Don’t get your $1,000 underwear in a bunch,” I defended, pressing the button for 59EW(I pressed East and West at once). For some reason, the elevator began going down, not up.

“WHY ARE WE GOING DOWN!!!!!” Sam demanded as if our lives depended on it (which, looking back on it, they probably did).

“I don’t know, I don’t know!” I barely ever lose control of my voice, so this was a surprise.

As the elevator neared the bottom of the mall, it didn’t stop. “Oh great, now we’re going to crash and die,” Sam remarked, viewing the glass as half-empty (did you expect otherwise?). Then, the floor opened up, and we descended into an underground room. The elevator door opened and I stepped out. “Whoa.”

Sam

It seemed that we were in the security room. After Travis let out his dramatic “Wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.........................”, I started looking around. It seemed that we were in some sort of security room. There were video screens everywhere, showing every point of the mall, from the inside and the outside. There was even a camera showing the security room. “We’re the only one’s here,” Travis muttered. He had recovered from his amazement, and was now looking over my shoulder.

“Yeah, I know,” I said. “But what’s that outside?” According to the video screens, large, white objects were falling and wreaking havoc.
“It seems like hail,” Travis answered. It was hail, and the parking lot was getting wrecked. Cars were punctured (I hope no one was in them) and the pavement had hundreds of holes in it, ranging from a few inches deep to about 10 feet deep, if the scale was correct. Suddenly all of the screens flashed, showing one message. And trust me, that was not a good message.