Snowstorm

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

Chapter 2: The Case of the Mysterious Boy ft. THUMP!

Sam

Curious about (the other) kid not following the alarm's instructions, I got in the elevator and went to 17W, which was 4 floors above me.

When I stepped into the pizza place, the boy didn’t even look up from his pizza, but (I guess he was one of those creepy mind-reading people who can “sense” your presence) he said, “You didn’t listen either. Don’t you agree that it’s stupid to have drills like that.” He looked up. “My name’s Travis. Nice to meet you.”

“Sam,” I answered, holding out my hand. Travis looked at it like you might look at a large cockroach on your pillow.

“Oh,” he said. “You’re one of them.”

“Who are they?” I asked.

“You know, the rich, snobby kids,” he answered. At this point, I was a little annoyed.

“I may be rich, but I’m not snobby. I actually wish my dad wasn’t so rich,” I said. “Besides, how long until the drill is over and everyone can come back in.”

“Well,” Travis said, “since this is a drill--” He was cut short by a loud THUMP! that seemed to emanate from all around us. He and I both looked around wildly. The window was all fogged up, but I could see huge objects falling from the sky.
“Come on,” Travis said. “Lets go find out what that noise was.”