Life's Long Journey: Cindy's Choice

Author's note: I was inspired to write this piece when I read an article about the 9/11 attack. I was fascinated...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I was inspired to write this piece when I read an article about the 9/11 attack. I was fascinated and completely scared after reading it. I decided to write about a girl's journey after she was being affected by the attack, as well.
I hope people will understand that real people are going through or have gone through something similar, sometimes resulting in something far worse then becoming Gothic. I hope people will be able to put themselves in Cindy's shoes and figure out how they would deal with a loved one dying. I hope people will learn and love my story!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9 Next »

September 9, 2001 midnight

Chapter 2
September 9, 2001 midnight

Her and her mom stayed at the hospital for the night. At 3:46 am, Cindy went to the coffee machine and bought a hazelnut latte. Soon after, her mom bought herself a cup of hazelnut latte, too. They stayed awake, although still dreadfully tired, and waited. Finally a doctor came out of the room. He stopped and asked them a question about his recent patient.
“Are you Carol’s relatives?”
They nodded. He sighed heavily before continuing.
“Carol has died, just a short while ago. She was a diabetic,” he sighed. “She didn’t know, but had the symptoms and ignored them.”
“She really wasn’t a huge worrier,” her mom shook out. She cried in between words.
Cindy was flabbergasted by the news. Her grandma always cared for her. Took her everywhere she went and let her stay at her house. Her aunts on her mother and fathers side are dead. They experienced car accidents, diseases, and other horrible occurrences. And there is one in jail. Along with her uncle Harry. She had no more family except her mom.
But not for long.