Bonds Between Worlds: The Cheater of Death

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 Next »

Judgement

A light beamed for the sky, almost blinding Kyle and he heard a great voice. “You lived a life full of honesty, love, and kindness, but not triumph and now the circle of life ends here. You where not lazy, but after you died you didn’t rest in peace. You weren’t complete. Unfortunately that now means that you are not pure enough for Heaven, but you will go to the Underworld instead of hell. I feel sad. You would probably accomplish much more with more time.”
The ground in front of him opened revealing a stairway to Hades’ layer. He swallowed hard and then went down. He remembered the hooded figure’s words. Greek Mythology was always popular. Even now there are plenty of books that use it, so it made sense that it was one of the places to go to when you died was the Underworld. To think what he obsessed over so much his last hours was so simple. Anything that humans imagined was becoming a reality.
As he went down the spiraling staircase he saw a dim light getting brighter and brighter. He felt so drawn yet repelled to it. Was this really where he would be spending the rest of eternity? He walked in.
In the room he saw a Jackal, but it wasn’t any Jackal. In fact it was no less than Anubis, Egyptian god of ceremonies himself. Slowly he approached and said, “Cover over here, so I can weigh your soul.”
Kyle walked forward and was placed on a scale. Anubis held a feather which he held up high and spoke softly, “This is a feather from Ma’ta, goddess of justice and harmony. It will determine if your soul is just enough.”
Then he placed it on the scale and Kyle felt himself slowly rise. With each inch he felt more and more confident about whom he was. He looked down and saw how high off the ground he was. He smiled with a sense of pride. He truly was just.
Anubis looked at him “Your soul is impressive. I’m surprised you didn’t make heaven.” Then he turned around and pointed, “The exit is that way. There is the last part of judgment.”