Bonds Between Worlds: The Cheater of Death

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 17 Next »

Journey to Judgement

Kyle opened his eyes and stared at what was once his body. He felt shame for a second, but then emptiness. It was over he was dead. He felt sad as his mom, dad and even his cat mourned over his death. There was nothing he could do. He stood there truly lifeless. He hardly even had time to do anything with his life. This must be what it’s like to die incomplete.
“Stop looking. It would only make you feel sadder.” said a hooded figure behind him. He knew it was an angel of death. He turned around, try not to look back at what he once was. “Follow me.”
“Where are you taking me?”
“To judgment” He said and then added, “The system got more complicated with all the new Gods.”
“What type of Gods?” He asked.
“You should know. The moment the bonds between worlds broke what held back everything you humans imagined combined with the realm of reality.” It said. “I won’t want to spoil which Gods you might see, for it might help you occupy yourself with something for some of eternity.”
“Well, if Heaven as good is as they say it is I don’t see how I could get bored.”
“I don’t know if you did well enough for heaven.”
So where was he going? Will he stay a ghost? He couldn’t possibly be lazy enough to go to hell. Or could he? Fear and doubt started to fill his mind, but he had no choice but to follow the angel of death to his fate for all eternity. He got more nervous with each step.
“Well here we are.” He saw nothing but a small circle. This was it. The moment his soul would be judged. Everything he did his whole life lead up to this moment. “I have to go” said the angel of death, “You may step on whenever you like.”
He signed. Might as well get this over with, yet the circle stayed there intimidating him. He looked at it. His essence for the rest of eternity was about to be determined. You’re over thinking it, he told himself. Just get it over with. However he feet refewed to move. Cut it out, he said to himself as he stared at the circle once more. Ok, deep breath. He signed and stepped in.