Bonds Between Worlds: The Cheater of Death

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 17 Next »

Kyle’s House

“How was the hike?” said Kyle’s mom.
“It was good. Hey, can I use the computer; something’s been troubling me.”
“Sure, but what about your report?”
“Its fine, in fact half of it’s on the computer to be typed already. I’ll do it there.” He said
On the way upstairs he heard Dad ask Mom if she felt something weird earlier. She said yes. So they weren’t the only ones. He turned on the computer and Googled bonds between worlds. There was nothing but a bunch of fiction books and stuff. Maybe it was about 2012. He searched that and found something very fascinating.
Everyone knew that the Mayans predicted that 2012 was the end of the world, but he never looked up how. According to the link they believed that December 22nd 2012 was the exact time the gears of time lined up, probably explaining the flag, the change in SanFransico and the mysterious growing trees.
He remembered in school that the Mayans were incredibly accurate, and even today there prediction of the rising of the moon was only of by forty seconds. However for a prediction thousands of years in the future forty seconds add up. Still they were wrong about the end of the world, unless they actually meant the beginning of a new. No, listen to yourself, he thought.
Was he actually becoming crazy? No, he wasn’t the only one who experienced the shaking. He went downstairs to turn on the news.
There was something about someone taking over a bank and holding thirty people hostage. He had two hours before the police busted in. It was hard to watch. They said if the situation got out of hand the swat might come in. Kyle went to the bathroom to mess with his hair. He needed a break from all this thinking.

Then he heard screaming from the news anchor, “OH MY GOD!!! The hostages are running out of the building and Chris Freeman seems to be strangling himself.” Kyle kicked the door open and dove for the couch to see what was happening. He watched as the man tried; with no prevail to peel his right hand off his throat. Kyle’s eyes widened as he coughed and groan trying desperately one last time to rip it off before he fell silent.
He sat on the couch, eyes fixed on the TV. What’s happening? For a while everyone on the news was silent, thinking the same thing. Then the chief spoke, “That was the third one today.”
So there was more. More people forced strangling themselves. What sinister creature was behind this? Who was next? He stared at the screen desperately as if his eyes were begging it to explain what will happen next. Could it possibly get any worse?