Bonds Between Worlds: The Cheater of Death

Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17

Entrance to the Underworld

All three of his enemies charged at once, and Kyle knew that they couldn’t land a single blow on him or it was all over. If they did his earplugs will be knocked off Orpheus, no matter how strong of a person he is, will go down to check after a while, because Kyle couldn’t help Eurydice get to him. That’s when he’ll see Eurydice and they will never be able to see each other again. He couldn’t let that happen.
He dove under a Fury covering his ears as he slammed his head into a stair. If he wasn’t dead that blow would have killed him, but he rolled over and got up. His head filled with unbearable pain, but he stood at his enemies in the face with cold eyes. I will win his expression said. For a second they hesitated and Kyle heard a scream from a Furry behind him. He smiled. Eurydice was stronger than he thought.
She jumped behind him and he pointed to his ears. She understood and nodded and they both jumped to the side. Then all hell broke loose as Kyle ducked, dodged and did everything he could to avoid blows. Eurydice did her share to, once tackling a Fury in midair and taking everything it took to make sure he didn’t get hurt. Kyle felt sorry for her seeing the look on her face when she took pain that should have been his, but he knew this is what they had to do.
They did this for two minutes straight when suddenly everything around Kyle started to slow down. The monsters stopped going so fast. There charges started to slow into walking and them they all went to sleep to Orpheus’s memorizing tune. Kyle grinned, for he knew he had finally won. Eurydice started to roll her eyes back and then slowly leaned back. He ran towards Eurydice who was about to hit the ground and pulled her up. He suddenly remembered the moment Orpheus pulled him up as her eyes opened. She looked at him slightly dazed and he said so calmly, “We did it.”
“Really?”
“Yes, really.”
She then got up and gave him a peck on the cheek, “Thank you.”

He felt that kiss of gratitude for the rest of his life.

Kyle stared at her surprised for a moment then she said, “What are you waiting for.”
The next few minutes where some of the happiest moments of Kyle’s life. Seeing the lovers together, knowing he was part of it, hearing again and again of their eternal thanks, and finally drinking the Gorgon’s blood that brought him back to life and saying goodbye where just some of the priceless moments he felt after that. He felt so proud to be part of it. So proud to bring them back proud to bring them back together. He found a purpose and finally felt complete, but there was much more to live for in his new life.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 15 16 17