KIDNAPPED

Author's note: It's a vampire novel with a twist
Author's note: It's a vampire novel with a twist  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

THE BOSS IS BACK IN TOWN

The next day had almost passed without event. I was confined to the room and was more than happy to stay there. I slept once for about two hours somewhere around the middle of the day. My mind kept drifting back to my circumstances, and all the weird things that went with them like the fact that I hadn’t eaten in over two days but was still not hungry. I hoped that somebody would answer my questions soon; otherwise I would have to something drastic. The one time I did poke my head
i'm sorry but the person you are looking for has gone on holiday. please leave a message after the tone. BEEEEEEEEEEEP
around the door, I found Aaron standing next to it holding a glock. I swiftly stepped back inside and shut the door before he had a chance or a reason to use it.
It was about half past six in the evening when there came a knock at the door. “Come in.” I called, and Bree entered. “Good evening Miss.” She greeted me. “I have been instructed to tell you that the mistress is back and that you are to join her for dinner downstairs at nine o’clock.” I felt repulsed and angry. How dare she send her maid up here to invite me for dinner when she had kidnapped me? “Thank you, Bree. Please tell the mistress that I will not be joining her.” Bree’s face paled, and she suddenly looked a little scared. I felt sorry for doing this to her, seeing as she was probably innocent. “Yes miss.” She said in barely a whisper, curtsied and left. I returned to the post I had resumed on the bed. Before I knew it, I was asleep. It was a weird dream I was having. I was chained up, unable to move. Bree, Aaron and Tristian were all stood around me with panicked looks on their faces. “The mistress wants you downstairs!” Bree shouted over and over again. “You’d better get her up to one of the rooms.” Aaron, too, kept repeating his line. It was only Tristian who said something sensible. “Tasha, you’ve got to get up! Tasha... Tasha...” hang on, that wasn’t a dream. I was immediately awake and back to reality. The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was Tristian’s panic stricken face. “Tasha! Thank God! She’s coming, Tasha. Here, take this.” He thrust a glock into my hand and I hid it in the waistband of the pair of black jeans I had picked out for the day. “Why? What’s happening?” I asked, really confused, but more scared. “The boss is coming. She’s angry you didn’t come down at nine.” He explained, but I was still confused. I was, after all, the prisoner wasn’t I? I should have been chained up or hidden in a dungeon rather than being invited downstairs for cosy chit chats. Or maybe I was wanted for something else?... “I have to go. She can’t know I’ve helped you.” Tristian said hurriedly, and I nodded. “Ok. And Tristian? Thanks.” It was his turn to nod, and I felt the tiniest bit relieved that I at least had something to protect me from ‘the boss’. Whoever she was. I really needed a name for her. Tristian was good, really. I guess he had just got forced into the wrong decisions, or put on the wrong side. And he wanted to help, I could tell.
I rubbed my eyes, all traces of tiredness now gone and put a ‘couldn’t-care-less’ look on my face. It wasn’t like she was going to kill me, was it? Why keep me like she had been doing, with access to clothes, a bathroom, a bed, and possibly food if I had wanted or needed it. It had become obvious to me that she wanted me for something, but what I was not sure.
It was seconds later when the door flew open. Standing there was an ice queen in black. Her face- and I’m not exaggerating here- was as pale as a sheet, her lips had a deadly bluish tint to them, and her eyes seemed to have red rings around the edges. She was wearing a billowing black dress that flew out behind her and she had an evil look upon her face. “Natasha, is it? Briana kindly informed me that you would not be joining me downstairs, and so I came to pay a visit to you. Why would you not join me, dear?” her eyes had become sinister, and she made me even more angry. I jumped up from the bed and stood face to face with her, rising up so I was at her level and not two inches below. “I would not join you because you are an evil, spineless, horrible, twisted woman. You kidnap innocent people; get your servants to bring them to some unknown place. Then you keep them locked in some random room and expect them to have dinner with you! And then you have the nerve to ask them why not?” I was beyond angry now, I was furious. But she just laughed. “You will join me one day. You might not know it, but you will. You will become one of us, and rule the world by our side!” something told me that her tree didn’t reach all the way to the top branch. “Yeah, good luck on your slow descent to madness. I’m sorry I don’t have a ticket to Crazyville, bitch.” I replied neatly. She decided to take a different approach. “Firstly, the name’s Cassandra, child. And you had better get used to it. Secondly, have you ever noticed anything strange about you? Like, for example, the way you never get hungry?” there was an evil glint in her eyes when she asked this. She knew I had noticed that. “What’s it to you?” I shrugged, using the ‘couldn’t-care-less’ expression from before. “You’re immortal, child.” She said simply, as if she were commenting on the state of the weather. I lost no time in replying. “Firstly, the name’s Tasha, child. And you had better get used to it.” I used her own reply against her, “And secondly, there is no such thing as immortality.”
“You will see, child. You will see. Aaron! Come take this child to the dungeons! I want her chained up, and don’t let her get out! I’m going to gather the others together.”
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Lespri said...
Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:12 am
Hi! We clearly have alot of the same ideas if you read my article "The Lost and the Living" you will find it very similiar!

J1029This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 16, 2012 at 11:25 am
When I first started I thought it would be stupid, but it was good. I didn't like the way he kissed her though. That was too quick. He should have slowly started to like her instead of just coming out right away. Other than that you should keep writing it. P.S good descriptions