KIDNAPPED

Author's note: It's a vampire novel with a twist
Author's note: It's a vampire novel with a twist  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

FALLING FOR THE ENEMY

I was in a steaming shower. If it weren’t for the fact that I was a prisoner and I had been kidnapped and all the rest, it would probably have been the best shower I’d ever had. Unlike the one at home, it didn’t creak and the water didn’t continuously spray you with ice cold bursts when you were least expecting it. I had been a little reluctant to use the enemy’s facilities, but then I thought why not take advantage of them?
As I knew, all good things had to come to
To Helena, my favourite psychopath for unknowingly providing me with so much inspiration through all of my books. She will never see this, but hey it's polite to thank people.
an end at some point, and the shower was one of them. I reluctantly turned it off and stepped out, then dried myself and wrapped the towel around my body so it covered everything from my chest to my thighs. Opening the door to the room I was occupying until I could find a way out, I was surprised to find Tristian sitting on the bed, fiddling with the duvet as if he hadn’t a care in the world. “Hi,” he said when I came out of the door. “Um, excuse me?” I asked. “Hi is a greeting said from person to person upon meeting. It is another form of-” “I know what it means.” I cut him off sharply. “Why are you in here?” “Well, I just happened to be going past and I thought I might pop in to say hi.” He said with a hint of sarcasm. “Okay.” I replied. “Now you’ve said it, you can leave. And since when are we on speaking terms?” I asked, rolling my eyes. “Well, I was thinking... and I have decided that you’re going to need one person on your side in this madhouse, don’t you think?” he relaxed a little and flopped onto the bed, resting his head on the pillow. I resisted the urge to throw something at him and went over to the dressing table where I quickly brushed my hair out. It was long and black, and with my pale skin and brown eyes I wasn’t unhappy with my appearance.
In the huge closet, I found rows and rows of clothes and shelves full of shoes. They all seemed to be in exactly the right size for me as well. It was like I was in a clothes store as I fingered through all the items. After about five minutes of browsing, I found a denim miniskirt, ankle boots with heels about five inches high and a black tank top. I put them all on in the closet and checked myself in the mirror. I was still tall and slim, and I looked pretty dangerous. It was then that a thought struck me: why wasn’t I hungry? It had been more than twenty-four hours since I’d eaten. I never snacked, usually ate three meals a day... wow. Weird much?
Tristian gave a low whistle as I came out of the closet. “Nice.” He commented, and then flopped his head back on the pillow with a ‘poof’. “Are you still here?” I asked sarcastically. Again, my remarks and comebacks were pretty low on the scale. Having nothing else to do, I stood over him with my hand on my hip. “Any chance you’re going to move in the next year or so?” I inquired sarcastically. “Nope.” Was the reply. “Well, then you’re going to have to answer some of my questions, then.” I retorted. I think he was more than happy to play along. “If you answer some of mine.” He bargained. “No. I bet you don’t even know my name, and I would like it to stay that way.” I informed him. “That’s where you’re wrong. As a matter of fact I know that your name is Natasha Mae Rennison, that you are seventeen years old, that you go to Hallowell College, that your sister is Yasmin Rennison, that you live on Elliott Street....” the list went on and on. “Okay, STOP!” I exclaimed after a while. “It’s obvious you have been stalking me and that you are a complete psycho. Now, first question: why did you kidnap me?” “To bring you to my employer.” “Who is your employer?” “I tell you and you die.” “Why does your employer want me?” “I tell you and you die.” “Why can’t you tell me anything?” “I tell you and you die. You know, we really aren’t getting anywhere here, are we?” he asked, raising one eyebrow. “Well I need to get somewhere; otherwise I’m going to be stuck here for the rest of my days. With you. And that is not good because you are a-” before I could finish my sentence, he kissed me. He actually kissed me. After everything that had happened, and the fact that I absolutely loathed him, or thought I did. At first it was gentle, and then it became rough and deep. His hand reached up and grasped my hair, and mine held the back of his neck. I realised what I was doing, and pulled away quickly before slapping him around the face. “ “Wow. Feisty.” He said. Suddenly, I realised something. This was the enemy. I should have been trying to escape instead of making my situation more impossible. And why was I doing this? He had kidnapped me! I slapped him again, and I think he got the message. “Okay, okay, I’m going.” He held his hands up in surrender. “Then get gone.”
All through the next day I couldn’t stop thinking about Tristian. It was so ironic that I had fallen for the evil guy. The one who had threatened to kill me, and who had kidnapped me just because his boss had said so. I guess some people would do anything for money, but I thought it was something more there. Things were starting to seem suspicious.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 2 comments. Post your own now!

Lespri said...
Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:12 am
Hi! We clearly have alot of the same ideas if you read my article "The Lost and the Living" you will find it very similiar!

J1029This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 16, 2012 at 11:25 am
When I first started I thought it would be stupid, but it was good. I didn't like the way he kissed her though. That was too quick. He should have slowly started to like her instead of just coming out right away. Other than that you should keep writing it. P.S good descriptions