The Picker

Author's note: It all started one day when one of my friends asked me to come up with a story. And so i told her...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: It all started one day when one of my friends asked me to come up with a story. And so i told her about a tree, with notes in it form past students, and you can leave a not if you wish. The idea kind of carried on from that, and became bigger and bigger.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 Next »

CAT

Charles walked up to Joey and I cuddling during break. He had no instant spark of jealously, in fact he just took a seat next to us.
“Angie, I’m sorry.” He got up and walked away. I didn’t understand what he was trying to say. Joey smiled, and he held me closer. He had won.
“Do you want to come to winter formal with me, Angie?” He looked down and smiled at me
“But, I’m going with Charles.” He had hoped I would cancel out with Charles and go with him… but I did not. “Plus, aren’t you and Cat going together?” I asked him, looking up into his gorgeous eyes, that sparkled in the light. Such vibrant colors they were.
“I broke up with her, just yesterday actually.” He looked down at his feet
“Why?”
“Because Angie, the only reason I went out with her was-“
“Joey, what the hell is wrong with you? First you break up with me, now you are all over Angie?!” Cat ran forward to him, yelling in her angered voice.
“Cat, calm down, we are best friends and have been since the third grade, he is like a brother to me.” I smiled at her, “Plus, he isn’t a player, it just is not in his genes.” I looked up at Joey again, who had apparently been looking at me for the past minute, smiling.
“You better not. You go with him and our friendship is over.” She ran away, bickering and yelling words here and there.
“Once she cools down, she won’t care about it anymore. She won’t mind.” Joey stopped moving once he had said this, stopped breathing, his heart beat went faster, and I could feel it, I just didn’t respond.
I took out the note that night, in my dorm. Cat would not speak a word to me, she was mad that I had even talked to Joey. I read the letter in the bathroom, and she appeared, sitting on my bed, jumping on it, laughing. Cat didn’t notice anything. Nothing but me talking.
“So this next one requires for you to find who you truly love, which may not be the person whom you expected it to be, and love them.” She laughed, and then disappeared. It was a short visit.
I knew who I was in love with, who I had loved since fourth grade, without even knowing it. I did not love Charles, I called him that night,
“Charles, I don’t think I-“
“Hold on a second, why are you calling me?” He sounded frustrated
“Because you are my boyfriend, at least for right now anyways,”
“No, Angie when I said I was sorry today, I was breaking up with you. We are over.” He hung up, abruptly.
“Charles just broke up with me.” I turned to Cat, who smiled. She pretended to be engaged in the television show she had been watching, between that and her studying books. She did not fool me in any way.
I found Joey the next morning. I found out I was in love with him. I thought it was too soon for me to tell him the day after a break up, even though I wasn’t upset at all that he had broken up with me, I was actually kind of happy. He put a big problem out of the way, and prevented it from even happening.
“Joey, Charles broke up with me, just last night.”
“I told you he would break your-“
“My heart isn’t broken Joey, it’s only because I never loved him.”
“Well then is there someone else that you love or something?”
“Yes”
“Who”
“It’s,” I looked at the clock behind him, for we had been standing in class, “I’m going to be late for Mrs. Paula’s class. I have to go, sorry!” I ran past him to my locker to smash my books into my back pack messily. Then I ran off to the auditorium, where the class took place. I passed Charles running down the hall, but he acted like he did not know me. I didn’t really care.
I took my finals, for that class. Then I ran to catch up with Joey during break.
“Joey! Hey,” I bumped his shoulder to get his attention
“Oh, hey” he smiled, putting his right arm around my shoulder, “How were finals?”
“Fine, I just hope I passed. You,” I questioned him
“Same.”
We sat in our usual place, by the wishing tree, and a few of my friends joined me, extra friends, to whom I didn’t talk to oh so very often. They were considered my back up when Cat was upset with me.
“Hey Angie” May sat in front of me, and her group followed, sitting down. We ate lunch together, and it was good, I was able to forget about all the drama, first Cat, the Charles, then Joey, then winter formal and finally, finals.
I finished my meal and waited for Joey to finish his. He walked me to my next class, opened the door, and then left, his class was right next to mine. During all of science, I could not stop thinking about him, I would not be able to tell him, Audrey had to help me somehow, and somehow this note had not just changed Audrey, but it was slowly, every single day, changing mine as well. Every day I was discovering something about myself that I did not know the day before, some of my feelings are pulled out of the corner, behind the bush, and brought to plain sight for me to see.
Winter formal was on Friday, and it was Thursday. Because Cat was still mad at me, for doing practically nothing but hugging Joey, she went with some other friends, and I went with my acquaintance friends. May, Jolie and Adele came along with me to go dress shopping.

Shadowpom said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 2:55 pm:
whoa...just got started on this and am intrigued...:) i'll have to finish up later(just finished first page) but you got something going here!! lots of luck!

Jellybeann replied...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:00 pm :
Thank-You so much! It is support like yours that keeps me going :) i hope you enjoy the rest of it