The Picker

Author's note: It all started one day when one of my friends asked me to come up with a story. And so i told her...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: It all started one day when one of my friends asked me to come up with a story. And so i told her about a tree, with notes in it form past students, and you can leave a not if you wish. The idea kind of carried on from that, and became bigger and bigger.  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next »

Joey

“Well, I cannot be helped on this one. So let’s meet back here next week for the fourth thing on the list.” I winked, Cat knew everything. And, in detail, she knew what I had to do.
“Cat, are you going to try to help me out here?” I asked
“I’ll do what I can, but like you said, no one is allowed to help you” she winked. This meant yes.
The next week, I was all over Charles, especially in front of Joey. I was holding his hand, flirting, playing footsies, and Joey kept gritting his teeth, turning away, coming to Cat and kissing her on the cheek. Then he would turn back to me and see what I was doing, this continued for the entire week. I was then done with messing around with him.
The next one, I meet up with Cat and Cat only. She didn’t understand why, but I needed a small break from Charles, I went everywhere with him, and she agreed. So, I read,
“Number four, enjoy the little things in life.” Audrey appeared, with a very slight smile on her face
“Sit by the wishing tree one day, watch the students come and go. Be grateful that you were the picker. You will understand soon.” And she disappeared, it had been the shortest explanation I had ever been given.
“What did she say?”
“To sit by the wishing tree and be grateful”
“Was that all?”
“Yes”
That is exactly what I did on that very Tuesday, and unfortunately, we had winter formal and finals coming up that same week. Charles asked me to come with him to the dance, right in front of Cat and Joey.
Joey and I sat next to each other that day, by the wishing tree, pointing out the small things in life that we were grateful for.
“Angie, I don’t know if this counts or not… because it is not something small or little, but every day when I count my blessings, you are number one on the list.” He smiled his shy smile, and I cuddled up next to him.
“I love you Joey,” I said this in a brotherly, family way. I heard him sigh, and he held on to me for as long as he could. I then knew, at that very moment, that I was not wrong, Joey had a crush on me, but since when?
“I love you too.” Was all he could say in return, and I knew he did not mean it in the brotherly way, he meant it as in: you are the most beautiful girl I have ever come across in my entire life, and that will never change, and I love you and want to spend the rest of my life with you, forever. He meant it that way.

Shadowpom said...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 2:55 pm:
whoa...just got started on this and am intrigued...:) i'll have to finish up later(just finished first page) but you got something going here!! lots of luck!

Jellybeann replied...
Mar. 3, 2012 at 8:00 pm :
Thank-You so much! It is support like yours that keeps me going :) i hope you enjoy the rest of it