Jeans For Now | Teen Ink

Jeans For Now

February 18, 2012
By V.Eagles.48 BRONZE, Vilonia, Arkansas
More by this author
V.Eagles.48 BRONZE, Vilonia, Arkansas
2 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
WE LOVE WITH A LOVE, THAT IS GREATER THEN LOVE.
--- E.A.POE


Author's note: I hope you can relate to this peice, I know a few of my friends can relate to certain parts. :)

Most girls my age like to wear skirts and frilly girlie things. Not me! Prefer something that is comfortable. Okay I have to admit skirts are comfortable. However they just aren’t my style. You can’t do anything in a skirt! Every time you try to sit down you have to make sure you panties aren’t showing. When you get on a horse you have to ride side sattle. Unless it’s a long dress, but then there is the chance of it getting crapped on. Let’s face it, you know I’m so right.


So you now know I don’t care to wear dresses or skirts, so what do I like to wear? I like to wear something casual, something comfortable, where I don’t have to worry about it slipping up. I like to wear denim jeans and a casual shirt. Nothing fancy, solid colors do me justice.
My friend Lucy is the exact opposite. She likes to wear frilly things with bows. We are both equally pretty, but she gets all the guys.
I say all the guys, she hasn’t had a boyfriend yet. At the age of 14 that’s just odd. Most parents say their kids can’t do this and that. Like they listen. Anyway Lucy and I, can truly say we aint had a boyfriend. We have a flirt alerts but no true boyfriends.

We are complete opposites she is girlie I am a tom boy. She is popular and I am a nerd. I am smart and she is um well street smart. Well not the brightest. Everyone loves her, lots of people hate me.

We aren’t totally different though. We both barrel race and live on a farm. We both love each other and have the same taste in food. The best thing we have in commen is, our friendship. I wouldn’t trade anything for it.

14 is a harsh age to be, people start making fun of you because of your flaws. It never bothered me, but it bothers Lucy. When something bothers Lucy everybody knows and hears about it. Including me. It bothers me when she is hurt or crying. We will do anything for each other and that includes secrets. Nothing can separate us!



Chapter 1:
Today was the last day of “summer”. We started school tomorrow, and neither of us along with the whole school wanted to go back to school. To celebrate our first upcoming year of high school we had our first high school party tonight. I woke up early as usual at 5:30 , the sun was shining through my white curtains and streaming across my orange bed. Yes, I did say orange bed. My sheets are deep blue also.
So today Lucy and I are going shopping. My parents weren’t up but I would take my own ride to Lucy’s house. I pulled on a solid green t-shirt that went perfect with my red hair. Grabbed my jeans and bathing suit and basketball shorts. I changed and layered my basketball shorts under my jeans. I shoved my bathing suit into my small purse. Occasionally I do carry a dreadful purse. Today was one of those days. I started out my door, but halfway through it I turned around and grabbed my cell phone and pocket knife off of my dresser.
Yes. I also carry a pocket knife. You never know when you will need them. I don’t use them for defense but I have them in case of emergencies.
I smiled as I walked to the kitchen and pulled out a pin and paper.---

Mom & Dad,
I’m taking shade to Lucy’s we are going shopping be back tonight love you. Also I took a $100 bill out of dads wallet. He can deduct it from my account next chance he gets.
Love yall! ,
Bo

There I smiled all done. I grabbed two apples off of the table and went to stand on the porch. A smirk covered my face when I though about our plans for tonight. High school parties are for kids only, so we don’t tell parents. If the cops come you spread, if you get caught you don’t snitch. I don’t know why we can’t snitch or why we run from the cops, It will be fun though.

I stepped off of the portch steps, to find a nice soft ground. I smiled even more as my lungs noticed the change of air. The air in the morning time is better. At night it has more time to replace the bad air with good air.

I took a bite of the smaller apple and slung my purse on my shoulder. I walked towards the barn with a funky pace, if you didn’t know me you would think I was drunk. I reached the big red barn and entered to a strong Winnie from my best friend, animal friend. I love my horse more then anything. She is equal with Lucy. I greeted her with her apple and she gladley excepted. Her eyes where solid black, one of a kind, darker then any other eyes. Her coat is the color black. To match her eyes. She has a single white dot the size of a water drop on her left ear. She is one of a kind. Her family has been in my family for 25 years. Ever since my great grandfather bought her grandfather from a man in Oklahoma.

My grandpa and I share the same ways with out horses. We believe that cars are not the future but horses are. They are stronger and can handle more, and they are safer. Call us old fashioned but that’s how we are.
How we where. My grampa died last summer. He died on a sad day. They day that his horse died.

My horse winnied wanting my apple to, I took a last bite and handed her the rest. Her we lips touched my palm. We looked into each other eyes, and we connected.
She knows what I want. She unlatched her pen something I taught her and walker over to the feed barrel and stole some feed. I gasped, I never thought she would just help herself to whatever she wanted, must be why she doesn’t eat very much. I pulled on my boots laughing to myself and stuck my knife in my boot.

Soon as she got her fill she paciantly waited on me to saddle her up. Within ten minutes she was saddled and we where galloping across acres of land. The good thing about my house is Lucy’s is just next door. When we need time which is rarely ever we still have a good distance. It’s good for sneaking out and meeting each other in also.

Soon we where at Lucys yellow house, she had big white columns on the front of her house. Her house was truly old fashioned. She was just as rich as me, in fact our dads worked together. So did our moms.
Our dads where farmers and construction workers. Our moms where second grade school teachers.

Lucy was sitting on her porch when I arrived. I waved and unsaddled Shade. Putting the saddle on the side of the portch.
Lucy’s hair was already curled and she was wearing a pink tank top and long skinny jeans. Her boots matched the ones I pulled on this morning. Shade gave me a goodbye Winnie and took off back home.

“Are you ready to go, O’ my gosh, I’m so excited.” Lucy gasped. “ I’m ready, but I aint gunna buy anything fancy.” I stated
“You take all the fun out of it” she sighed. “Well I aint your fancy Barbie doll” I smirked. “Unless you pay me.” I joked. “Hey Bo, remember those” “No!” I cut her off mid sentence. “ You know I was talken real mony not coupons.” We knew each other so well most of the time we where capable of finishing each other sentences.

Behinde Lucy the house door slammed shut. “Come on, Princess!” Groaned J. J was Lucy’s older brother. He often had the opportunity of driving us around and babysitting us. I giggled as J stomped off. Lucy smirked and whispered in my ear. “I wonder if he is going to the party tonight?” I shrugged my shoulders. As if J cared about parties. He was usually to busy doing stuff. Nobody knew exactly what he did in the woods all day. He has been caught sneaking out at times. His momma gave him a beaten until he couldn’t sit. At school he had to squat.

We walked over to J’s jeep. J climbed in the driver seat of course, I climbed in the back with Lucy. We could sit in the front but why when we could sit together. We drove in silence for a long time. Until J said “ I know you two are planning on sneaking off to that party tonight. Somtime or another yall are going to. So I’m not going to tell you not to but I am going to tell you don’t drink anything anyone gives you. Or eat anything someone gives you. You haven’t seen these kids in a year and you don’t know how they have changed. Maybe for the better but probley for the worse. If you want anything to eat or drink take it yourself. If the cops come you better hide. Don’t get caught. Don’t try anything stupid. Don’t wear anything you can’t run in because the cops might come. Be sure to take a weapon, you don’t know what creeps will be there tonight. Your 14, you know what I mean. Hide the weapon in you boots, pockets, and jeans. Take more then one. Understood!” J sure had a stern look on his face, he was serious. “Ya” we said in union. I can’’t believe J knows about the party, somehow I’m not shocked.

We drove for a long time thinking over J’s lecture. “J. Are you going to the party.” Lucy asked. “Ya , I aint going to save your butts either if you get caught. If I get caught go home and don’t get caught. If your in danger yell police as loud as you can and run.” I gasped. So all those times he snuck out. Wow! He has a badboy side. I always though he was sneaking out to write in his diary.

Soon after the talk about the party we pulled into the mall parking lot. “ Listen girls, I’m going to hang with Tyler and get some stuff for tonight. Meet me at the front entrance in 3 hours. That should give you plenty of time to get whatever the hell it is you want. Lucy you need to dress decent to, same for you Bo. That means something that covers most of you skin.” He glared more at Lucy. I knew he was implying it more to her because she had a tendency of dressing in more skin then clothes. “Yes, Sir” Lucy smirked. We climbed out of the car.

When we went inside we went to all the expensive shops, spotting out what we wanted. I had enough money to buy almost any dress or shirt I wanted, but decided against telling Lucy. Soon we went to our favorite store. A hour past as we picked out our favorite clothes. Lucy decided it would be fun to try and dress me. I faught against it but with Lucy’s puppy dog eyes that was impossible. She decided she would pick what I was going to wear tonight. I allowed this under certain terms. I didn’t want anything bright nor to skimpy. She argued with me but I stood my ground.

After two hours we found a Lime Green half top shirt, with black stripes across it. With the word “2hot4u” across it. I agreed even though it was neon colors. I smiled as she picked out a similar shirt except it was grey and blue striped with the word “Single” across the front. I got a black tank top and she got a grey to go under.

We only had to look for pants. It was August still hot yet a little cold so we decided on capris. Lucy got a pair of navy blue capris to match her shirt and I got a Pair of black Capris. We decided to wear our tennis shoes in case the cops came.
The lady at the check out was about the same age as J. She smiled when she saw us.
“ I don’t suppose your first day of high school is tomorrow?” she asked. Lucy and I looked at each other. “Ya in fact these are for tonight.” Lucy whispered. The girls who name tag read Cindy smiled. “I know exactly, these are perfect for tonight, you two have good taste, You don’t happen to have a brother say around 15, do you.” She giggled. “ Actually, She does” I smiled.

“If you want to meet him, we can give him a call.” I stated. Lucy glared at me. J hated it when we told people about him.
Right as we paid for our stuff J called. “Hey J , yah we are done. Ok. Ok. Bye.” Lucy smiled. “He says he wants us to stop by and pick him up a polo shirt from that guy store.”
“Your brother isn’t J. It isn’t Mr. Super Cute. The one who drives the yellow jeep.” Cindy gasped. Lucy smirked. “Yep. That my brother she said popping the p with he lips.
“ Tell J, Cindy will be exspecting him tonight.” She smiled. I thought she was going to explode she was so happy.

On our way down to the entrance we stopped at the guy store. They had a bunch of things that that guys try to impress girls with. We went straight to the counter and asked a girl about Cindy’s age what guys around the age of 16 usually buy. She directed us to a particular brand of polo shirts. I smiled knowing that J had worn these before. I pulled out a solid Blue one and handed it to Lucy. She smiled. She knew I had more taste in guys clothes then she did. The ladie walked us back to the register. “ Are you buying for a certain guy” she winked. “Yah. This reilly H-O-T guy J, tell me you know him.” Lucy smirked. The girl frowned. “ You mean J, the one with the jeep?”she asked. “Ya, that’s him. I don’t suppose. No never mind. He is just my older brother.” She grinned with excitement. “ You two are officially high schoolers are you not.” She blushed as a guy walked through the door. “Ya, we will be there tonight. You have another customer, so we will see you around.” She smiled. “ Bye”

“Wow! How many people does your brother know?” I gasped leaving the guys store. “ Apparently more then I do.” Lucy laughed. We rushed to the exit.

In the jeep Lucy sat up front. “Did you get my shirt?” J questioned. Lucy pulled out his blue shirt. He smiled as he saw it. “ Let me guess, Bo picked it.” He smirked. Lucy glared. “ I have a taste in guy clothes to!” She yelled. J and I laughed at her. “ We met some of your friends, one of them is Cindy. She said she was looking forward to seeing you tonight.” Lucy questioned. “ I look forward to seeing her tonight to.” J blushed.
J blushed! OMG!

We had spent the next few hours giving shade a run for her health. Soon we where all sweaty. We grabbed Lucys clothes and her bag full of randomness and rode Shade home. Eventually it was after 4 and we took showers at my house. We convinced Lucy’s mom to let Lucy stay over. Lucy’s mom agreed saying she wasn’t far away. My parents came in later, and kissed us goodnight.

Lucy recurled her hair and put on her clothes, she looked amazing! She pressured me into putting on make up. I put on eye-liner, blush, eye shadow, and foundation. To please Lucy’s pleas. Soon Lucy had decked her self out in all her fashion trends. We had one hour to get to Wheelers Mill, to the party. We snuck down the hall. On our way out I rembered J’s advice and drug Lucy back to my room. She got made at me but I ignored her. I grabbed my knife stash. I pulled out six knifes handing her three and keeping three for myself. All six knifes where equally sharp. I put one in my back pocket one in my front tucking it in my belt. And held on to the other one, Lucy did the same. She put her phone in her front pocket and I followed her. We grabbed our hoodies and went outside.

J was taking his horse Polo tonight and I was taking my horse Shade. Lucy was going to take my brothers horse Pistol. Pistol was Shades dad. He was a little timid but a very good horse as long as he knew you. The only people that could ride him where my brother Colt and Lucy.

Lucy and I snuck out to the barn and saddled Pistol and Shade up. Shade was curuious but not worried what we where going to do. I grabbed five flashlights and gave Lucy one keeping on for myseld. I put the other two on Lucy’s saddle and the other one on my saddle. I grabbed the big lantern. I took a few apples from the bin and some candy bars from my hiding hole. Lucy stole some water from the emergency pack. We smiled and saddled up.

Soon we where heading to Wheelers Mill, I held the big lantern out so Pistol and Shade could see where we were going. Pistol seemed to know were we where going because he took the lead. He wasn’t very donminate, so Colt must have went to parties to.


Soon we came to a bottle just like we had heard pointing us in the direction of the party. After we passed two bottles we could hear the beating of dance music play through the air. Teens screaming and shouting. We tied Pistol and Shade giving them each a apple and took off on foot to the party. We each tucked a flash light in our pocket as we approached.

In middle of a huge crowd of teenagers was J, dancing wildley to the music holding a red cup. He clearly hadn’t brought that with him. Before long we spotted a group of guys that Lucy knew. Well I knew them to, but no well. We all where dancing soon.
I don’t know what all I was doing but I do know I made the party complete. Soon Cindy found us along with the girl from the guys store. The kids we knew where shocked that we new such hot babes, so they followed us. Cindy lead us to J and his friends. Soon most everyone was drunk, Lucy was drunk to. She hadn’t taken he brothers advice.

Somone must have tipped the cops off because around two in the morning we heard sirens. Teens went bazzerk trying to find their keys, not leaving any evidence, Cindy just stood their in shock. I tried to move her but she slapped me away. A guy around our age came over and put one hand on her back, bent down and picked her up like a baby. She laughed thinking it was fun. It must have been the alcholhal. To me it sure as hell wasn’t fun. I motioned for the boy to follow me. He did as I asked.

He sat Cindy on the sattle but she was in no condition to control pistol so the boy got on the back with Cindy. Pistol didn’t seem to mind he followed Shade home. They boy didn’t say anything all the way home. When we got home the boy picked cindy up as she fell off the horse. He carried her to the portch. I smiled. I took the horses back to the barn and quickly unsaddled them. They boy was holding onto Cindy as they opened the door of my house.

I froze in shock, this stranger was so kind yet he was a stranger. Should I let him go into my home? I had no choice. Before I could put my input into it, Lucy staggered into the house. My heart beat faster.

Once he was in the house Lucy mumbled random thoughts and wishes about her life. Going so far to tell the boy he had a hot ass. A smirk rose to his face and his eyes twinkled when she told him. I didn’t know what to do but Lucy let the stranger straight to the kitchen. He automatically found a coffee pot and poured her some cold coffee. She gladly took it and thanked him.
The boy and I say silently listening to Lucy mutter. Soon she fell asleep hitting her head on the table with a hard thump. The boy arose from his chair. “ I can’t thank you enough for helping Lucy. Say, I don’t even know your name.” realization hit me rather qiockly. “Oh, no worries. I’m not from around here. Well I guess I am know, We just moved in. I live about a quarter of a mile down the road. I moved in to the old Wilson’s place. I’m starting eight grade tomorrow, I heard about the party through a guy name J.” His voice made me want to melt. I smiled he was so sweet, I hadn’t decided how harmless he was yet. “Oh, I didn’t realize the Wilsons moved. They where an older couple, didn’t get out much.

Did you say J told you about the party?” I wondered out loud. “Ya, J he drives that yellow jeep, sweet ride. My parents are business partners. He is suppose to have a younger sister but I havn’t had the chance of meeting her.” Again his voice was so strong and deep.
“Are you friends with them?” he asked.
Actually I am very close friends with them, my parents both work with their parents. Let’s see the girl passed out drunk in front of you is Lucy, J’s little sister.
The boy cleared his throat.
“So whats your name?” I questioned.
“Michael” I smirked.
“My turn. What’s your name?” he questioned.
“Bo” I grinned.
His face crinkled. “You mean to be tellin’ me your dad and mom names you Bo. Aint Bo a boys name” He laughed.
“Bo aint a boys name, its my name. Your kinda sexist are you not?” as hard as it was I kept a stern face.
“It’s time for me to be leaving, My first day of school is tomorrow and dad will have my tail if I aint there first thing.” He waved and stood up,
I stood doing the same but he waved me off and walked out my front door. “See you tomorrow” I muttered.

Lucy woke up this morning with a hang over, I didn’t get any sleep at all last night. Today was the first day of school. I can’t wait to see Michael. He is so kind and carrying, maybe if he hangs with us, it will help kick the year off to a good start. Everybody will be talking about the party. It seems like everbody knows J. I caught Lucy up on Michael and how his parents work with hers, she claims to not know anything about them. She doesn’t know how our parents work with his. He didn’t mention me. I wonder why. Our parents went to school together married straight out of college.
Lucy and I decided to wear some of our my clothes I bought at the beginning of summer. She picked out a deep blue button up shirt and a pair of blue jean booty shorts. She gave me the matching shirt except for the color of mine is yellow. We both tugged on our boots. The knifes where still in the boots, we put them back in my stash. My parents don’t know that I have knives. I try to keep them tucked away. They do know my grandpa gave me a few before he died but they don’t know how many or which ones.
Once we where dressed and Lucy forced a make over on my face, we went down stairs to be greeted by scrambled eggs. My mom was standing over two plates full of steaming hot eggs. We smiled and greeted her. “ How did you sleep” she welcomed us into the kitchen. “Good!” we said in union. Mom left about five minutes into us eating our food, to go to work. Dad woke up early and already left. I checked the stove clock, 6:15. We have plenty of time to walk to school. Lucy and I grabbed our bags. This year I bought a green and black striped bag, Lucy bough the same style except with neon pink and black stripes.
Soon we where walking down the road, we reached the old Wilson place to see Michael coming outside. They sure did fix the place up a bit. Lucy smiled. I had forgotten I left out a little detail to my story from last night. The part where she called Michael hot. Ooops I thought. I saw us and grinned. He was wearing boots, black basketball shorts, and a red shirt. He was carrying a small gym bag. It was big enough to hold a single binder. Slacker I automatically thought. We slowed our pace down as Michael caught up with us. He seemed to be in a good mood. I know he hadn’t gotten much sleep. He walked on the other side of Lucy. None spoke for a good while.
“ So, Michael what do you have first period?” Lucy asked.
“Truthfully I don’t remember.
I think his name was Mr. Cider or Cideer, maybe it was Mr. Cinder?"



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.