Heart Beating In Ice. | Teen Ink

Heart Beating In Ice.

By Wienk13 BRONZE, Great Valley NY, New York
Wienk13 BRONZE, Great Valley NY, New York

"Expectation is the root to all heart aches"- Willam Shakespeare.

Author's note: Sometimes we all have to see that even the most intellagent people have something to hide. That everybody...no matter who they are have thier own secreats. Some are greater then others. I hope people will open thier eyes to more then just the secreats that anybody can keep. That we all are human ; we all have emotions, and we all have a breaking point. In this world...we are who we are, but everyone is equal in being human. All have to hit rock bottom before something good, and then...we have out emotions. HUMANITY.

He is having a conversation with you.

Chapter 1
“Hello there. Yes you…don’t you walk away from me when I am talking to you.”
“…”
“That’s better…just stay silent as you listen to me. I shall tell you everything that you need to know.”
“About what?”
“So you ask about what, but you should be asking is about whom? Don’t say another word…just sit here and listen to me, and maybe you’ll learn from me. It’s your luck that you walked in here to find me.”
“…”
“It wasn’t too long ago when it seemed to be perfect timing for it all. It was like the match …so perfect that it seemed out of this world. Too…perfect in every…”

Chapter 2

“The story is just starting. So grab a seat, and just listen. I remember when Roselynn first came to the orphanage. She didn’t smile, nor did she laugh. Not a word to anybody. She was so quite that I didn’t even believe it was Roselynn Silencer. Always knew her to be a fun, laughing, jolly, and smiling girl, but to see her like that I didn’t believe my eyes. I just …couldn’t believe it was Roselynn.

Roselynn didn’t even pass you a hello, or even answer a question that you asked her. Roselynn sat in a lonely corner all by herself. I wouldn’t doubt for a single second that her joy was ripped from her. I always believe that Roselynn would one day be herself.

But you must see that it was the simplest and most tragic event that changed the light of the town. Those men had come, and stole the light that we had treasured. They smashed the light so hard that it was a big disturbance in our town. Roselynn was our light of joy that seemed to never be bothered even though she understood the whole thing. Roselynn was the town’s treasure, and that smile she once held could light up the whole town; nobody could ever frown around that girl.

Look at her now. A shattered light in which nobody has ever seen her smile since the day she woke up from a comma. They tried to make her laugh, and tried to make her talk, but Roselynn simply looked the other way. You just knew she was heartbroken. That she didn’t miss a single moment of her life even though she was in a comma. As if she grieved in her own way even while she was in a comma. Grieved…while she mumbled a lot of things in her mind…grieved as the wheels kept turning in her mind. She just…grieved in her own way. You just knew that Roselynn remembered everything; picture perfect memory.

When the massive funeral came she just stared into the wooden coffins as if nothing. It felt as if she was dead herself. When the old preacher looked into her eyes, and he started to stutter the Lord’s Prayer until he looked down to see the word’s of the Lord’s Prayer. Some people say Roselynn took the soul of the preacher when he started to stutter, but others believe that the preacher was in shock.

Roselynn dropped to her knees and cried. There were no words to describe it as she just cried with all her heart. Her tears speaking for her. A man next to her held out his hand for her to take, but she pushed it aside, and just kept crying. Not a word from her.

Roselynn’s tears are what everybody knew best that day. The unspoken words from her heart to fill in the silence that she had been keeping. Now the unspoken truth of her emotions came rushing out. Everyone including me knew that the tears were the unspoken words that were coming deep from the bottom of her wounded heart. The words that have been drowning in the darkness of silence until now. You just knew that she was so broken that her heart was crying itself. That her heart and mind was haunted by every memory that she ever held dear to her heart, and to the blood stained day. It was as if…everything was branded onto her mind now, and this would be it. This would be the only day that you would ever see the drowning unspoken words from the heart of the broken light. That this would be the only time anybody had ever seen her cry out every emotion she had until it finally cut deep into your veins. Nobody at the funeral couldn’t resist but to have so much sympathy for Roselynn. Too much tears for anybody’s eyes, but you could not help but shed some too; sympathy was there that day.

And it was that day that she walked up to the closed coffin of her beloved father. She opened it up to see the horror of her dead father who could not be recognized; dressed in his best in a black tuxedo, and black shinny shoes.

Roselynn had tears streaming down her face, and when she looked up at us we didn’t know the right words to say to her. We didn’t say anything as tears stream down her face. Her lips trembled, but not a word. She was so heartbroken that her tears did all the talking. Nobody knew…how to confer her at all. They just held their peace as they too became sadden by her actions.

Roselynn closed the coffin, and started to walk away from it all. She said nothing even as an officer calls out to her. Roselynn kept walking as if she had nowhere to go. A soulless person she was as she kept going. As if she was the walking dead herself.

At the orphanage after the funeral she threw her glass of ice water at the wall. As it had smashed into a million pieces…. we all had looked up to her from our meals in shock…Roselynn broke into a million tears with her head in her hands.”

Chapter 3
“Roselynn started to study, and study. She wouldn’t sleep, and would not talk to anybody. She even studied as she did her jogging on the treadmill, and when she would eat. Showering was a quick 10 minute thing, and she rarely slept (about 3 hours a day). She did go to school just like everybody in the orphanage. She didn’t talk, but she impressed her teachers with her intelligence. No friends and no boyfriends. In every sport she played she was the V.I.P, and winning awards (but she still never talked). Roselynn played the piano for chorus, and many instruments for band. She even did gymnastics. She held so many talents that made her who she was in her own way.
But it is back when she was 11 years old, and in 12th grade. A Christmas concert for the school, and I was one of the few to witness it in shock. Even the music teacher was in shock. Who ever knew that such a small little girl could do such a thing?
Roselynn sat down at the piano as the crowd fell to silence. She started to play the beautiful piano notes. I could have sworn that Roselynn found her small slice of joy for just a small moment or two.
“I’m barely brea—thing. I’m barely—holding---on. I’m walking—all alone—on this lonely road.” She sang softly as she kept playing the piano. I swear she did find some joy, but I just could never be sure. The tempo starts to pick up.
“As the rain---falls I keep walking---on this lonely road. Wondering what I missed out on all—these lonely years. So I hold on—because I’m barely---breathing---.” She sang so beautifully.
“If you---were to ask me how I was doing---- I would lie, and tell you every----thing is okay----. But I—am forced to face the truth. I---am bar---ely---bre----athing. I am barely holding----on. So---- lonely---…so--- high----on above it all-----. Barely--- breathing-------as I try---to lie in my words.”
The old man who sat next to me as Roselynn played the piano, wiped away a tear.
“I---just can’t live with you----. Cuz I---am forced to face the truth---. So I---just keep on walking---the lonely road as I---hold a candle---of light---. Oh---oh---.” Roselynn sang. It was just so…shocking to even hear her because she had never spoke since woke from the comma.
“A old man took my candle from me--- and he gave it a flame. I was so---happy---to see it bur---ning---. But one—day I fell down and my---candle went out too-----. I was left in the darkness---for a long---time. So if you---were to ask me how I was do---ing---I would simply lie--- to you--- and tell you---I’m---doing---just fine---. But I ---am forced to face the truth---. Roselynn sang as she kept playing the piano. The temp slowed down and the piano grew soft.
“So I –am forced---to face the truth---. Forced---to speak the unspoken--. I---am barley—thinking--- with a broken heart. I am barely ---thinking--- with a broken heart. Forced---to speak the unspoken--. Forced to face the truth--.” Roselynn sang. The piano stopped, and we all looked shocked as she gets up. We all got up and had clapped for a long time until silenced by the music teacher. It was now a fact that she had a voice of an angel. A voice too good to resist.
I don’t think there was any joy anymore when she walked out of the school. She looked lonely as she say there waiting to get back to the orphanage. Roselynn didn’t say a word even as she was told good job, or even asked where she get the voice. Roselynn didn’t break the silence even if she wanted to.
I have to admit that Roselynn was a girl with a lot of good potential, but I don’t think she knew that. I don’t believe she even tried to see her potential.
But one day…Roselynn was…so odd.
“Tell me something I don’t know.” She said to the teacher one day. Everyone looked at her as the teacher stopped writing on the whiteboard.
The old teacher turns to look at her. Mr.Leeson was a wise man with a lot to say. He had short gray hair, hazel eyes, peach skin, thin, and he had always worn a black suit, and black shoes.
“Excuse me Roselynn?” he had asked her.
“Tell me something I don’t know.”
“I am…the new notes.” he said coldly.
“Already know it.”
“How?”
“I study my stuff well Mr. Leeson. The homework for the week is already done. There isn’t a challenge to your method.” She had told him. Roselynn opened her binder and showed him that her words were true. Indeed she had done this week, and next week’s assignments.
“Guess you can relax then. We’ll see just how smart you are when we take the chapter test tomorrow.”
“Ne need. You shouldn’t be surprised in what I’ll get on the test. A hundred like every test I had ever taken.”
It was like …the words were true of what the people say. That the day she turned five years old is when she changed forever. From that small moment I knew there was a nasty side to Roselynn. Her attitude was so different that one might have thought she was going to rip you apart. Roselynn…had a test me if you dared attitude. Her intelligence was tested that year; her IQ came out to be 209. Roselynn’s intelligence seemed to…bring out that side of her that we all seemed to know best.
Roselynn went to the Mind Bender competition in February. She was the only 11 year old girl there that was facing off with the world’s best scientist. Mind Bender tested to intelligence to the max.
While I sat in the orphanage watching this on TV…Roselynn was answering questions that I never knew the answers to. While some solved math problems on paper she was the first to hit the buzzer within 5 seconds after the problem was given. Her answers always right. In the Mind Bender you had the option of solving it on out on paper, but Roselynn didn’t need to. From science to math, to English, to all subjects and then the politics….Roselynn didn’t miss a single question. It proved that her studies for years had paid off. By round one she had put five of the scientist in fear so bad that they backed out. By round seven only ten of the 60 dared to stand against the mighty Roselynn. She got to the last round and only one was standing to face her (they were tied). But Roselynn was smarter. She beat the man on the 20th round after 30 more questions had been asked. They brought out the world’s greatest mind, and he took one look at her, and said “An eleven year old girl? Is this a joke?”
Roselynn had looked at him, and told him “Test me b****…I dare you.”
They shook hands and then got to their seats. The final round began, but Roselynn broke the tie after the 48th question had been asked. Roselynn was declared the world’s greatest mind.
She said to the man “Don’t mess with the best unless you got better then the best.”
Throughout the whole thing…she had never hesitated to answer, and nor did she stutter. It showed her confidence in her intelligence as she held her head up high with pride. What an attitude that she showed in the test me if you dare. She knew far too much for a 11 year old girl, but of course…she had the IQ of 309.
Roselynn was Roselynn and there was no telling in how far her intelligence would reach. Spreading like a illness, or a wild fire, her intelligence sparked a wild fire to the world; great disturbance.”

Chapter 4
“People wondered in what her dreams were. Some thought she was going to be a scientist, or be somebody.
In reality Roselynn was just one person with a bright future. But it never met anything to her.
Roselynn may have looked like she had built herself back up, but she was just a shadow in the ashes of her past. To Roselynn her dreams were set on fire, and her whole world was tipped upside down. It cut deep in her veins.
Roselynn never slept. To her dreams were just a hallucination of the mind; a thing of imagination of something that we want or need. That dreams are not fully anything but hallucination of the mind. Roselynn didn’t understand the very core of dreams because she never truly dreamed. It was like she…never held a dream anymore, and that she had given up on every dream she ever had.
Back when she was four or five years old she would tell you that dreams are what make us, and pave the road for the future. Some reaching their dreams while others know that their dreams are never going to be, but they dream it anyways.
But now she won’t say that because don’t believe it. She’ll just tell you they are just hallucinations.
I often wonder if the comma took her dreams to the darkest place. Turning her childhood dreams into a bloody dream. Dreams that she once thought could be, and would be in the far distant future. I wonder if an angel tried to stop another angel in whispering all of the world’s reality into her ear as she “slept”. But I guess…it couldn’t be true. Why would an angel ruin heaven’s creation? Ws she destined for it? To me it’s like the bullet started it all. As if that bullet made her wake up from a deep dream that she looked so very much; turning her very sweet dream into a bloody nightmare. But she wasn’t in any deep dream in any way when she was….an optimistic girl. Breams meant everything to her because she wanted to make the impossible become the possible. She wanted so much back then but now she just wants to be left alone with only her studies to accompany her.

Chapter 5
“I always would think that she was the most organized person. With her grades, and beauty you would thing she was very organized.

It was April 20th and I was walking back to my room. Except I never got there. Roselynn pulled me into her room before I could even react. I didn’t know what to think as I see all the papers on her floor. Her white board that was bulleted onto the wall had no space to write on it. Her chalk board that was bulleted on the wall next to the whiteboard had zero room to write on. Papers scattered on her desk with open books. Papers were tacked to the walls. Half of the room was like an endless sea of papers that held math all over them. When Roselynn was closing the door to her room I pulled out the second whiteboard (it pulls out from the wall to go in the front of the original whiteboard that is bulleted to the wall; there are three of them that do this).
“I need your help.” She told me when I had turned to face her.
“A master mind like you needs my help?”
“Doesn’t matter because I need a simple minded person who is less…complicated then I.” she said when she picked up the black marker for the whiteboard.
“…”
I didn’t know what to do as she pulled out the third whiteboard from the wall. This was stepping into the world of the world’s greatest mind; the most intelligent person in the world never asked me for help. I was a trouble maker whose grade was in the high 90s’. My IQ was 240, but compared to Roselynn’s I wasn’t even touching her level of intelligence.
“I don’t see how it’s possible! I’m wrong in every way!” she yelled out to me as she had wrote a scientific formula out.
“Wrong? How?” I asked her when I looked at the books on her desk.
“Not possible without explanation. Everything needs…a explanation to be reality.”
The books on her messy desk were on the human mind, and the human brain. Psychic abilities, but I didn’t understand her world as I had noticed a book of science on the human brain.
“Too many…theories without proof.”
For some reason I had the boost of courage to ask “Are you okay Roselynn?”
She stopped writing, and turned to me. For once I wanted to cower away from the one that many fellow classmates called the soulless master mind, but I just…looked her in the eyes with every emotion I had. With every little inch of courage, and every inch of hope of an answer to be heard. I could tell she never had been asked that in a very long time. When she looked away it felt as if my world went upside down. Made me feel very guilty that I even asked.
“I don’t know.” She said.
“What are you trying to do?”
“…”
“Solve…something on the mind?” I asked her in confusion.
“Everything is proven trough—“
“You’re trying to prove that psychic abilities have some sort of scientific explanation? Through DNA and such?”
“Yes.” she had said coldly.
“Oh Roselynn…” I said to her when she started to write on the whiteboard. I walked over to her after putting my book on her desk. Took away her marker, and she looked at me with those innocent eyes of hers. “Sometimes science and math do not make reality, but the beliefs, and mysteries we have today. Not all reality has any proof in what people have or do not have. We sometimes have to leave it alone because proof doesn’t always have science, or math behind it, but what people can do. Being a psychic for real is the only proof we have that we have more than our five senses. Psychic ability is real …you do not need too much proof.”
“Ryan I need proof.”
“Why can’t you let the morals, values, and beliefs of others alone? Why can’t you let it be?”
“I want to show you something Ryan.” She said when she backs away.
I looked at the glass cup that she pointed to; after five minutes it lifts into the air. Moved around in the air and such without any rejection. It finally came to Roselynn, and then it shattered into a million pieces. I was so astonished in the fact that it rebuilt itself back into a cup to be used once more. I saw water in the air coming to the cup, and then it went into the cup. Roselynn takes the cup from mid air, and drinks some of the water out of it to show that it wasn’t an allusion.
“I can take things apart, move them around, put them back together, and many more things. I can make animals do things that they wouldn’t normally do. I made the orphanage cat go into the dryer without touching it…it’s why that cat is dead due to the dryer.” She confessed.
“…”
“I never dared to try it on humans. If I can do that to animals I know I can do I t to humans. Everything…needs proof to be.”

“Whatever happened to the phrase you loved the most?”
“You don’t know me.”
I took her hands just before she could walk away.
“Look at yourself Roselynn! Look at what intelligence has done to you! Can you not see it?! You’re going mad!” I told her in concern.
“Get out!” she yelled at me.
So I left her room with no other words to say to her. It’s as if she wasn’t ready to face reality. That reality was that intelligence has done a lot to her. A lot more then she thought, but also knew. Why she could never face it will always be a mystery to me.
I sat in my room that night wondering why? Why did I walk out? Why couldn’t I argue with her to face the cold hard truth? If I had just…tried harder…then maybe…it be different.”

Chapter 6
“To everybody else she was just fine. They did not see her out of her normal self even though they wished so much for her to be jolly again. Everybody knew though that the light for the town had forever been broken.
Six years and the murders were still cold. No leads, no hints, and no break. The hope of finding the men had broke into complete silence…not even a motivation was on their side.
Every October 31st (ever since her 6th birthday) the town always held a candle light ceremony. Never forgotten them all.
Roselynn hadn’t been to one since she was 7 years old. The understand of why was always there, and never forgotten. Too harsh, too depressed, and too many tears. But now at 12 years old the case made its way to 7 years cold. Roselynn came to the candle ceremony. The whole town in shock as she put flame to wick. I was the only one who saw a tear walk down her face because she made me walk up to the memorial stone, that held all the names of her family, and family friends that died on this day. She took off her topaz hear necklace that she had been wearing since she was five years old, and placed in on the stone.
“I won’t let you down Uncle…father. Love you mother.” She had whispered, but only I heard that.
A path was made as I walk with her; what choice did I have when she had a death grip on my forearm. Not a word from Roselynn as we got into a taxi to go back to the orphanage.
“Why did you choose to come?” I asked.
“I don’t know.”
“Roselynn are you…okay?” I asked her.
“Everybody asks that even though they know my answer.”
“But are you okay? It just seems that you are not.” I told her.
“Every day…every hour I just wonder what my life would be like if I was normal.”
Now she was just avoiding my question in general.
“Roselynn…”
“I lie through my teeth day in and day out. And nobody sees but you. Why you? Why is it you that rips apart the lies? You can see I’m not normal.”
“You…are only one human Roselynn. One person with a lot of power behind your intelligence. Can you not see how much of a difference you make? In my eyes…I see you as equal as anybody else in the world. Capable of love, harm, power, talents, intelligence, and etc. You have a bright future. And I hope one day you’ll use your power with good care and that you do not abuse it.”
“I am forced to face the truth. Forced to speak the unspoken.”
I remembered her song that she had sang, and just at that moment it accorded to me that she had spoke to us in a song. Telling us how she was doing, and how she was feeling. Heartbroken as she lies.
“…”
“If you were to ask me how I’m doing…I would lie, and tell you I am doing just fine. But I am forced to face the truth.”
“Oh Roselynn…your song…you were telling us how you are in a song.”
“And I wonder about all the words that could never be to me anymore. Where did they go? Why haven’t I wondered about them for so long? I’m a stupid girl.”
For some reason I felt as if I was going to agree but I knew she wasn’t stupid. Roselynn…to me is just simply lost. Lost in so many ways that I wouldn’t be able to describe any of the thinking, and the process.
We were staring eye to eye, and for some reason I asked “What do you want Roselynn? What do you truly want the most from the bottom of your heart?”

“Nobody has ever asked me what I wanted in a long time.”
“You can tell me Roselynn.”
“No…”
(At the empty orphanage ; just Roselynn and me)
“Here … I made you some hot tea.” I told her as she paces back and forth in the living room.
“…”
“Try it please. Just how my mother taught me how to make tea.”
“You asked me what I wanted, and well here’s the truth in what you’ll never understand. All I want is justice, but I cannot get it ever. It’s like…a win-lose thing really. I lose, and they win. But of course you would never understand it even if I told you.”
“What do you mean? Men killed your family for no reason.”
“And if they were to find me now…and see me alive I would be gone in a blink of an eye. Not fully gone but I’ll be gone in the darkness. Forever silenced by the evils of their kind. Silenced by everything that they could possibly do to me, and everything that they will do the world. Silenced by them forever.”
“Roselynn…cannot be—“

“If only you knew the truths. I know I’ll never get justice without bringing harm to myself. I’m scared Ryan…I’m very scared Ryan. They’ll hurt me in more ways then you could ever imagine!”

Roselynn drops to her knees and starts to cry with her head held in her hands.
Never truly understood the danger until she had broke down in tears. What could there be? What else besides the three men killing her family, temptation to kill her without mercy? What else could there be? What secret is she hiding? What truths, and how dark are they?
Scooped her up in my arms and took her to my room. It was there that she fell asleep crying and I just let it be because I wanted her to have a sweet dream.”

Chapter 7
“When morning came Roselynn was not here in my arms. I understood she always was left alone to her own thoughts. She never had anybody close; no friends and such to share any emotions to.
To me it was simple. Roselynn was anti-social due to her emotions, intelligence, and past. Everybody thinking she has it all, and that she’ll become somebody. Nobody taking the time to understand her because they believe only intelligent people can understand her. Nobody knows her, nobody knows her world, and nobody knew how much pain she is truly is in.
Roselynn a girl of many mysteries to many. Her emotions, her pain, her intelligence, and all…just a mystery to everyone. Her world is so confusing that nobody bothered to take the time to even try to sort out the mess, or even help her deal with the mess. Not even helping her sort it out; they just let her deal with it all on her own.
This was Roselynn…the world’s greatest mind. Intelligent, bold, not afraid to be tested, in collage, not afraid to prove you wrong, not scared to look you in the eyes, soft speaker, but she holds dark secrets that nobody knows about.

Chapter 8

“By the time Roselynn was 13 years old I have heard people say that she’ll never be defeated by anyone and anything.

Fact: Roselynn has been defeated by somebody. She has been beaten down, broken, and still lost. Roselynn who once shinned with everything she had now shinned with a dark light. That this dark light is the center of her whole world and cannot moved by anybody. If you were to touch it then you would be dead forever. Lost in her world forever and your soul would never return.
Just by luck she didn’t take mine after we looked eye-to-eye. Why she never took my soul I would never understand. If Roselynn truly wanted to she could have taken my soul just like she had done with everybody else.
Her eyes would cast a dark spell and never release you. You would never see your true self any more. A sudden mood of depression and sadness would wash over you in a single second; as if there was a rain cloud over your head with its raindrops coming down.
ROSELYNN WAS A TRUE SOUL SHAKER ALRIGHT.”

Chapter 9

“This was the year that nobody had any words to describe it all. It just seemed very emotional that you could not help but to have tears stream down your face in joy, in relief, and the sense of justice.
I remember the night just before Roselynn had to go to the court house. She was crying on her bed, but I never understood. I sat on the edge of her bed and asked her why the tears?
She never looked at me, but kept crying until 10 ‘o’ clock. She told me to get out, and I did.
There was a battle to get her to go to the courthouse. She kicked, screamed, and did whatever she could. This was a shock to most people, and it was like watching a five year old child throwing their fit until getting their way.
The three men looked her in the eyes after she took the witness stand. Could have sworn she took their souls to hell.
“I don’t think anybody has ever asked you to tell your story that night. So can you please tell us about that night?”
“October 31st; my birthday, and Halloween. We never went out for Halloween since we didn’t believe in it, and nor did the family friends. Laughter filled the whole house. We never said we weren’t untouchable just because we were multi-billionaires. We always kept in mind that something could happen. But that night I could read my father’s expression of concern through his false smile. When mother was lighting the candles I ran to use the restroom. It just was a moment in my life that I thought everything would be okay. When silence fell I didn’t understand until I en…entered that room.”
“Go on…”
Roselynn bits her lip, and looks away.
“It’s okay Roselynn…nobody can hurt you.”
“It was just as if my smile was frozen upon my face. I didn’t scream, didn’t cry, didn’t run, and nor did I say a word. It was like being frozen with a smile as I looked to the unrecognizable family, and the family friends. Anybody that lay dead on the floor until I looked to see the 3 gunmen. He said until we meet again…sweet dreams my love…sweet dreams. He fired the gun, and the bullet hit me in the forehead. I wished I died so very much. So much pain filled my body as the darkness closed in around me. I wasn’t fully dead, but I wasn’t fully alive. I wouldn’t know how to describe it because I still could hear, but I could not speak, and could not see.”
“What did you do the day you woke up from the comma?”
“I got out of my bed with memories flashing through my mind. I didn’t want to believe what I had read after I shoved the nurses off me.”
“And…please tell us why you don’t go to the candle light ceremony anymore?”

“My life was broken!” she yelled in a little anger. “You tell me why I should go! Every year on that cursing day do I not forget anybody! I should have been part of the dead! I should have not lived! I should have…gone too…but why me? Why did I have to live, and not anybody else!? Look closely….can you not tell that every year on that day I am in pain! Trick or treat? I guess my family, and I got a cruel trick of the humans that enjoy Halloween! How cruel…how cruel can it not be? Show me…something good that I never seen or learned about. Something that would take away the pain every October 31st. my family photo cracked…and my life ruined!”
Roselynn’s emotions were clear to that. You could tell that she fought back the tears when she had answered that.
The defense lawyer for all three men gets up from his chair.
“Have you put the past behind you?” he asked.
“Yes” she lies.
“How can you be sure that these three men did the crime?”
“Because they haunt my dreams. I have no sweet dreams…thanks to those monsters. They did the unforgivable crime.”
“Can’t you consider yourself a monster Roselynn?”
“Sometimes I do.” She says softly.
“Why?”
“I carry no emotions any more. Plus…other reasons.”
“What happened in Princeton High Academy?”
“Got kicked out for almost killing a boy. Teachers pulled me off just as I had grabbed a butter knife. He called me a wasteful existence to human kind. He said that no boy would take a broken dead beat like me from an orphanage... and love me.”
“So you are capable of harming somebody?”
“Yes.”
“Is it true that people call you a soulless master mind?”
“That is true.”
“Why?”
“Because they say when I look into their eyes I take their soul away forever…and burry it into the deepest of the deep. That their soul will never come back because it is lost in the darkness forever. I’m a soul shaker…cursed with the grim reaper’s curse of forever walking these lands.”
“Nothing further.”
After three hours the jury members came out. The old lady stands up after the judge said “What do you say jury?”
“Guilty.” was that all old lady said. People in the court room jumped up in tears of joy. So much relief could be seen in every cop’s eyes.
Except Roselynn…she didn’t show any type of emotion. She walked up to the three of them and said “I hope you rot in hell for what you did…but of course I’ve already put your soul there…so it does not matter. You have no idea what you have done to me! You have no idea what it is like…”
She walked away with her head hung low, and one yelled out to her
“Sweet dreams…for he comes for his love soon enough! You can’t run Roselynn!”
I never understood as the media surrounded Roselynn. She didn’t say anything as she dragged me with her to the taxi cab to go home.”

Chapter 10
“The paranoia was there. She would look over her shoulder every five minutes as if somebody was to come take her away. She would lock herself in her bathroom, and she would stutter her words when she tried to talk. Her work became sloppy, and wrong. Never going out into public without me. She was so paranoid that I didn’t know what to think of her anymore. She got her some slice of justice, but I guess it was us that did not listen to her.
She had kicked and screamed before the trail. She testified so she didn’t have to go to jail, but only because of the fear of sitting in jail. Roselynn swore to police she would never testify even if was to bring her justice. That if they wanted to convict somebody of the murders they would have to do it without her. Without her words, and her testimony.
The very thing that always struck me though that cut deep into my heart was how she could never dream. She would always tell me she never dreamed a sweet dream, and nor does she sleep. After the trial she told me that nothing would ever be the same again. That she could not sleep even if she wanted to, and that if she slept they would find her for sure without the use of technology. She wouldn’t go to bed without me. She would sneak into my room when I was ready to go to sleep, and sleep with me. Paranoia got to her so much that nobody recognized her.
When the police asked her what was wrong she would not say. When they put her into protective custody it didn’t ease her paranoia. She wasn’t a fool, but she sure was never the same.

But of course Roselynn had every right to be what she was. We didn’t listen to her, and didn’t care what she wanted. We forced her to go, and forced her to testify against the men. How cruel of us.”

Chapter 11
“Roselynn looked at me when I had came walking into her room. I set down the bowl of grapes as she kept writing on the chalkboard of hers.
“If I’m not here tomorrow…promise me that you won’t let my work go to waste.” She said softly.
“Your work is sloppy Roselynn. Some of the math problems are…just not right.” I told her.
“How can you say that?! Every answer has a meaning, and every problem has more answers then you think. I want you to continue on with what I have started. It’s the only way I’ll face it all. Just promise me you won’t let it go to waste.”

“Roselynn I am not a smart brain like you. I cannot understand your world. You have a world that is lost in the injustice of the past. You have a shattered light that you do not wish to repair. You do not smile, nor laugh. You are in fact paranoid. You look over your shoulder, and all. And ever since the trail you will not sleep alone. I don’t know what to think of you anymore. Time to face the truth Roselynn…you need help.”
“I don’t need help!” she yelled at me.
I grabbed her hands, and we look eye to eye.
“I will not stand here as a man and let you destroy yourself any further. I will not stand for your stubborn ways. I will not let you take me with you, and nor will I let you take my soul. I have thrown out every other word that others say, and looked deep to your personality. I have judged you, and judged you over again. I have misjudged, and then I have made it right. I respect you Roselynn, but I will not respect you like this. You have crossed the line…and you have not yet returned. You need help Roselynn…and you won’t admit it. You have torn yourself up so bad that not even you can see reality anymore. “

“You don’t know me.” She says coldly.
“I love you Roselynn…do not tell me that.” I admit.
“Nobody can love a monster like me.” She says to me.
“But I don’t see you as a monster. I don’t see you as soulless. I don’t see you like them. But you should take my advice and get help. You need it Roselynn. I will not love you any longer until you get help. Love you Roselynn.”
I walked out of her room after letting go of her hands. I had nothing to say, and she had nothing to say to me.
That was the last time I would lay eyes on the beautiful, but broken Roselynn. Just like she said…she wouldn’t be here. A note was left on her bed, and I took her in confusion. It was her handwriting alright, but I didn’t want to believe the truth.
Dear Ryan,
If you come walking into my room, and do not see me…I am already taken. Nobody can love a monster unless they are one. You are not a monster Ryan, and I know so.
Here is the truth…
I wish I could find my small slice of joy for just one moment, and I had done so when I had sang my song for everyone that night at the concert for the first time. I loved it so. Music use to be my pride and joy. But it vanished when I looked into your eyes that night. It was like you took me back to the past.
I couldn’t stay away from you because you reminded me of my family. The family that I use to hold dear to my heart, and loved very much. So broken that I wasn’t sure if I truly found anything.
As the months went by I knew I found something. YOU, RYAN. You were like my treasurer that I wanted to keep locked up forever, but knew it couldn’t be. I fell in love with you, but then I remembered that only a monster would ever love me. I didn’t wish to take your innocents with me, and burn what you held back. You are full of potential Ryan. Do not let anybody tell you that you’re not as smart as me, and not as talented. I know you Ryan. You are smart like me. Please keep my work safe, and try to complete it. You are the only one who understands my world, and the only one who can complete it. You are the only one can…and so I hope you make my work your life long goal to complete. I won’t ever see you again…nobody will.
I will already be vanished into the darkest of the dark. Truth is my father made a deal with the wrong people long time ago, and now I am paying for it.
If you are still reading this I am already in Russia by the time you get done with this.
Love forever…
Roselynn.”

Chapter 12
“We looked all over for Roselynn. Police extended their search to neighboring towns, and cities. It was as if she had just vanished in thin air. I didn’t know what to say as I had kept the letter close to me. Police questioned me to the fullest, but they could not get anything useful from me. I told them all that I knew except the letter.

What more could I have done for the girl I fell in love. When her 14th birthday came around I felt guilty about everything. She left me a note, but I didn’t share it to anybody. I walked to the candle light ceremony on that October 31st, not only for the dead, but for the missing Roselyn Silencer. People of the town spoke of her intelligence, and how emotional she had gotten back then. How the orphanage care taker would not unlock her room until she came back to whatever it was she was doing. One of the town’s people pushed me forward to say something since I was always seen so close to her.

“I love Roselynn Silencer with all my heart, and truth is…I want her back here in this town. We never dated, but she knew I wanted to be more then friends. She would tell me things that she told nobody. Maybe if I was home…she would not be gone.” I had said in a depressed way.

When December came I took all of Roselynn’s books after breaking into the room that she once was in, I copied down everything on the chalkboards, copied down what was on the whiteboard, erased all of them, took every paper that was on the floor, and I was gone. I kept it all hidden in a place that nobody knew about on the outskirts of town. At 18 I left the orphanage after finding a place of my own.
With little pride, and love I had left for Roselynn I started to go insane for once in my life. I was so puzzled as I tried to piece together her world, and everything in it. The broken world in which confused me so. I took up classes in collage that were dedicated to Roselynn’s thinking, and whatever she made become reality. I took on more than those classes because I soon found myself a job.
Juggling her world, my world, the other world, school, and a job…I was just so insane. You could have sworn I was doing something out of guilt, and I would deny it.

Then when February came around I had the sudden urge to go to Russia. I couldn’t piece together her world at all. Could not solve it even as I understood it all. This was Roselynn’s doing. Even when she was not here…she was still causing hell all the way around. A 360 degree circle of hell, and I was part of it forever. I had no clue in what I had gotten myself into, or even why I had let myself get into it. But I just knew Roselynn was out there waiting to come home. Waiting to be discovered. Waiting to be heard by anybody that would come her way, and give a dam.

Roselynn…was lost, but this time for good.”

Chapter 13
“Getting to Russia I had no clue in where to start. It was like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Drug lords, gangs, and Mafia I wanted to stay clear of. Even though I wanted to stay clear of them I knew I might be able to get some information out from someone willing to get their throats cut for talking, and being paid.

Only one taker which was a stripper willing to talk if only I paid the amount of a sexual activity to make it look as if she told nothing to me. I showed her a photo of Roselynn and she said I’d never see her again. That the only way I would see her is if I became a mobster; working for the Mafia boss. That Roselynn Silencer stood no more. She was married off to the Mafia boss…and she would be getting pregnant soon. The rumors that float around about what the Mafia’s boss’ plan never fail to be untruthful.

So I did the dumbest thing in my life after changing my name (I became known as TJ Lerona to the Mafia). Became part of the F.B.I, and they put me under cover after 5 weeks. Even though I wasn’t trusted I did my best. I supplied weapons for missions and bombs too. Drugs for drug lords, and to make it more convincing I even got myself a girl.

I was in too deep to even be pulled out of my undercover mission. I met the man who mobsters feared the most. The master mind that played the game so well you would have never known the truth. I was blown away by my eyes. The man I known to be a high ranking man, and with loads with of money. So rich, so well known and so much power. His name was Gabe Evenson.

He had short black hair, brown eyes, red braces on his teeth, peach skin, thin, has arm muscles, a six pack, and normally dresses to his best.
Owner of a multibillionaire business, and a really nice mansion.
“Come TJ we have lots to celebrate! The man is dead! IS he not?” Gabe said in amusement when we walked into his house.

“Yes Gabe…lots to celebrate.” I say with false joy. Hated the fact that I had to sit there and watch mobsters rip a poor man to pieces. Turning his insides to the outside. They shot his face off so nobody would recognize him, and cut off all his fingers, and toes. They cut his tongue off, and his dick. Cut his head off, and dumped it into the ocean when the time came right (when they had attracted sharks).
“Baby!” Gabe shouted when we walked into the beautiful kitchen.

IN came a beautiful lady with a smile on her face. But I knew well in who it was. There was no lie in her eyes, no lie in the emotions, and no lie in the way she moved. It was indeed Roselynn Silencer. Here all long she had been…safe, but unsafe.
“Glade to see you’re safe Gabe. How was the trip?” she asked warmly. I watched them share a kiss, and then she went to the cupboard to get some wine cups.

“Just fine Babe. What did you do when we were gone?” he asks.
“Nothing but wait for you.”
“No reading for you?” he asked her.
“No reading. I didn’t want to finish the book without you Gabe; you have a way of saying words from a story book.” She said to him.
“That’s my girl.”
“Do you do any math?” I asked her.

Both of them looked at me, and maybe it was the wrong thing to say.
“Why would do math? I hardly know it.” She says.
“Sorry for asking.”
“Where are my sons?”
“Sleeping Gabe.”
“My boys sleeping?” Gabe says in anger.
“I’ll go wake them if you like. They got back not too long ago. I don’t have any say in their actions.”
“Then go wake them. They shouldn’t be sleeping.” Gabe says coldly to them.
“Okay.” She agrees with a small smile. I could see the fear that lurked in her eyes.
“What a horror.” Gabe comments when she was out of ear shot.
“…”
“She is intelligent that one is…but don’t let her fool you.” Gabe says.
“Oh.”
“Roselynn is just…up to no good these days. You got to have an iron grip on her or else she’ll do whatever she pleases. Then she wouldn’t do a god dam thing. Don’t worry TJ…tonight…will be where she learns the most.”

“Why is that?”
“I’m going to give her a present she not forgets.”
“…”
“Child…a child. Then maybe she’ll believe me when I tell her I own her future as is, and I own her.”
“I see. Got to keep them in line or else they’ll try to rebel against us.”
“That’s right TJ!” Gabe says to me in joy as if I finally got it.
“You got to do what you got to do in order to keep the power. You see those girls don’t know what is best for them. Not in here at least. You either own them, or you kill them. If they don’t obey they are trash. They just seem to think they own the god dam world. But I tell you TJ…we are the master minds of the world. With Roselynn gone…nobody will know what to do.”
“That’s right Gabe.”
In came two teens that looked to be 16. Both have short black hair, gray eyes, pale skin, thin, both have six packs, and they both were in black sweat pants, and black socks.
“There my two boys are!” Gabe says to them.
“Why can’t we fucking sleep father? We busted our balls off to do the mission. They not are talking anymore.” One says when I noticed one had a scar on his neck.
“Have some respect or you won’t have any balls at all. TJ these are my twin sons. Ryan and River. Boys this is TJ, my most trusted mobster.”
“Nice to meet you TJ.” They both say. River is the one with the scar on his neck.
“Nice to meet you boys too.” I say to them.
“Where’s Roselynn?”
“Right here Gabe.” She says when she came in.
“Right.” Gabe says coldly.
“What do you…wish to drink?” she asks shyly.
“Whiskey.” Gabe says to her.
“You sir?”
“Water.” I say to her.
“Take a load off TJ…we not going anywhere any time soon. Not unless you are.”
“I have to go finish some unfinished business later. A guy owes me about three grand.” I tell him.
“I see.” Gabe says in agreement.

Didn’t want to give any hints of who I was. I could see the fear in her eyes as I looked at her. I knew all of her pain so well. I didn’t want to see her like this. And if I was being watched I didn’t want to blow cover. Roselynn was alive. My Roselynn alive, and well, but in fear.”

Chapter 14
“I would lie to people…because it was Roselynn had done. When she lied everybody believed it so, but because they didn’t know her like me. They thought her words were true…but only because they believe that she was normal in her own way. They didn’t see her like I did.
In my mind her song would reply in my mind over and over again. I threw a glass cup at the wall one night, and I knew then that I wasn’t okay like I was telling people. I knew then that I had to pull myself out. It was destroying me in every way. My secrets were killing me so much that I now understood that I was becoming like Roselynn, and I knew just now how she felt. I realized that I was doing something out of my own guilt, and sorrow. I lost Roselynn…and now I lost myself.
Confused, lost, broken, and shattered. The F.B.I that I was helping had warned me that I might have a break down, and if that happened I would have to be pulled out. So I did the only possible thing I wanted to do. I walked the streets alone. Gabe saw me, this I knew. He followed me to the ice-cream shop. I sat down, and ordered hot fudge Sunday.
“You look down in the dumps TJ.”
Looked up to see Gabe.
“I’m fine.” I lie.
“No telling me that.” He says when he sits across from me.
“Guess I can’t.”
“One thing I’ve learned well…I can read people.”
“And?”
“You’re not yourself lately. Why don’t you tell me everything TJ?” Gabe says to me when the waitress sets down my order. She walked away with nothing to say.
“I’m just missing my sister…that’s all. She died last week.” I lie to him.
“And sitting here and eating ice cream is to help that problem?” Gabe asks.
“It was her favorite kind. I never tried it until now. I loved her Gabe…she was my sister.”
“This I know. Your pain is the same that I felt when my twin brother died. But you must learn to block those emotions out you have to be strong, or the stronger ones will come and conquer you. In a blink of an eye…you could be gone TJ. I’d hate to see you go TJ. You’re the best mobster I have.” He says to me.
“I know Gabe.”
“Come…with me…I’ll show you what cheers me up. It cheers you up too.”

After I ate the hot fudge Sunday he took me to a strip club. Girls gave us lap dances, and we drank some beer. I went to my apartment after we split up after the strip club.

I opened the letter that had urgent on it. Tomorrow night was the big bust. The night fell on Roselynn’s 15th birthday. Maybe then she’ll be free.

But these past few months have made me realize a lot. Pain doesn’t go away. It cannot be washed away, and nor can it be taken away. That pain will always be in our hearts. When something is removed from you…you know it’ll never be the same again. Even if you get it back…it just won’t be the same. Roselynn…her pain is greater than mine though. Her memories haunt her so much that it breaks her heart forever.
I take her words, and use them as mine. If you were to ask me how I was doing then I would lie to you, and tell you I’m doing just fine. But then…I am forced to face the truth; I’m not okay. I’m not okay like everybody thinks I am. I feel as if my soul has been broken, my heart ripped from my chest, my dreams set to fire, and my imagination taken from me forever. My love that I held as a treasure is gone in the wicked winds. That I too am gone. Vanished into the wicked world, and drowning in everything that I thought could never be. That I am choking down the memories because it is the only thing I can do as I try to hold on to the memories that held me close to joy. I am slipping into the deep end of the cruel world. But then I already see that I have lost my grip on who I am.

It is like…I was looking into a mirror. I see myself, but I don’t recognize myself. I don’t see me. I lost my eyes and all I can see is this monster that watched innocent people die before my eyes. Forced to face the truth…I cannot see myself no longer. That I am now a different person. That I am somewhat like Roselynn, but not totally like her. I cannot see myself through this thick fog, and nor can I see myself in the mirror. It’s not me.”

Chapter 15

“Does it matter in how I felt? I was so torn down that I didn’t know myself. It felt as if…I was a skyscraper. The moment I had read the letter of the big bust…I felt my world tumble. That I was being torn down, but then again the moment I agreed to help the F.B.I, I was being torn down; brick for brick. Windows, and doors too; everything being taken down. Lost in the dust storm I didn’t know where to go, didn’t know who to talk to, and didn’t know who to trust anymore. I was completely lost. They just took it all from me. My values, my morals, my joy, my forgiveness, my innocents, and all. I didn’t know anything anymore. It’s as if I wasted my life away already. Too much time in wasting my time to find Roselynn so she can finish her own work.

On the day we did the big bust…I felt as if I was just coming out of the dirt, and the fog. I knew the path in which I had to go, but then there was just that little bit of dust that I could not see through. The not knowing of it…made me so scared that I not know of what I should do. As it clears…I don’t know my own facts any more…I don’t know anything as I stand on my own feet.

Gabe looks at me as F.B.I members pulled him off of Roselynn. She grabbed the black blanket to cover herself so we wouldn’t see her naked. She looked so scared, and confused as she looks at me, and to the others.
“Roselynn Silencer…I’ve found you!” I told her in Russian.
“Ryan…” she says in fear when she gets up. Gabe gets dressed quickly, and so did she. They took the two of them into custody.

(F.B.I Headquarters)
Didn’t know what to say when I looked at Roselynn through the glass window.
“You know this girl?” one member asks me.
“I find it funny that I’ve always loved her, and I didn’t realize it until it was too late; when she was already gone the next day. I in love with her…I’ve known her like nobody’s business. We never dated, but I know the side of her that nobody else does. I know her...so well.”
“Then go in there…and tell her to talk to us. We can’t bust Gabe, and his…sons, and the rest of them for murder. We can only get a few years on them for drug dealing. That’s it. If she don’t start talking we can’t get them good.”
I walked into the room with a little expression of guilt.
“You should have never came.” She tells me.
“Roselynn…why can’t you see that they are trying to help you?”
“I know nothing!”
“You know everything! You are Roselynn Silencer. You were kidnapped out of your home. You once stood bold, but I can clearly see…you’re just as scared of them as if you were scared of your own doing.”
“You don’t know me.”
“I do know you Roselynn. You are talking to the one who has been in your world. I have tried to solve your riddles, and such, but I fail. You left me in such a mystery.” I tell her.
“You wouldn’t understand me if I told you!” she tells at me. Before I knew it the lights broke without warning. The door slams shut and it locks itself, and then the ground starts to shake. Her chair flung back when she gets up with tears streaming down her face.
“In America I killed people! I killed them because they were going to tell my past! I killed more over in America then I did here in Russia! I am Roselynn Silencer! I am a monster! I killed people…they were to going to tell the whole world! So I silenced them with death!” she yells in anger as she backs away. I tried to stop her, but she flipped over the table in anger.
“I murdered people!” she yells over and over again. She ran to the glass window to see her face. “Are you happy now Gabe?! Are you satisfied that I did those things to keep it all covered up? I lied, and lied over again to the police! How can you stand there and watch me…burn?!” she yells in anger when her fist hit the glass mirror. She starts to cry when her forehead touches the glass, and her hands were on the mirror.
“Roselynn…” I say.
“Don’t come near me Ryan! Can’t you see? I’m not innocent anymore. I’m guilty! I can’t keep it inside me! I’m a monster! I killed David Ross, and Jane Leeson! I killed them by using a knife, and a 22 shot gun! I killed them! Can’t you see that?!”
“You couldn’t have…” I say in a little confusion.
“I didn’t leave any of my fingerprints because Gabe told me not to! I used my psychic abilities! I used them so I wouldn’t have a trace of myself! I’m so…guilty.” She says.
“Why Roselynn? You had another option!”
“I had no choice! If I could have just died when I was five years old I would not be here! If I just let go of it all…I wouldn’t have been here! If only I didn’t have to live…it would make my life easier; people would be alive.” She says as she cries.
I wanted to look her in the eyes, but she kept crying like a baby. I wanted to know every little detail.
“I stabbed them 54 times in the chest, 78 in the back snapped their necks, and pulled the god dam trigger.” She says through her tears.
Before I knew it the ground shook once more and the mirror breaks except for the part that she was touching.
“I am only one person. My job is took look into the mirror, and see myself…others can see me, and they can see the dark hole. What the hell am I if I not a human being? What the hell am I when I not know? My role is limited Ryan…limited as it can be.” She says calmly as tears stream down her face, and the glass touches the ground. She backs away, and then the rest of the mirror falls to the floor. She looks eye to eye with Gabe, and the F.B.I members that were looking in.
“Roselynn… you’ll always know you’re my favorite. My love.” Gabe says with a grin of satisfaction.
“Are you happy now Gabe?!” she yells at him in anger. I grabbed hold of her before she could even make a move. I held her back as she kicked and screamed. They took Gabe away as she broke to tears once more.
She was lost, abused, and now this. Beaten down so much that she doesn’t even know the limits any more. That she doesn’t know how to ask for help, or even to hold her grounds. She doesn’t know how to do a thing anymore. Not even to be bold, and to be brave. So beaten down that she cannot rebuild her world. So beaten down that she is lost. I started to wonder if it was worth the trouble to even find Roselynn, and to bring her home.”

Chapter 16
“There will always come a time when the winds do not blow, and things do not seem as they appear to be. There will be a time where the thoughts of one will vanish into the open oceans to be forever forgotten. Maybe this was Roselynn; she had vanished into the oceans forever be. The lady I loved gone with everything that once stood.

Before court came in Russia she was shot in the chest by somebody. The man was caught, and put behind bars. She spent two months in a comma. Mumbling math problems like it was duty.
When court came in Russia for murders she said she did, they sent her to mental intuitions because they found her insane. The jury didn’t wish to put her in jail for her crime because they found her innocent due to the Mafia, but she had to go to therapy and all if she didn’t want to go to jail.
They sent their choice to America when she completed a month of therapy. It was there in the small town that we grew up in that the trail was held; she was shot in the head. She was in a comma for 3 months; she mumbled math problems, and scientific formulas. When she woke up she admitted the crimes…they too found her innocent, but had to complete therapy.
So here is my Roselynn. She sits there in a white room all by herself; dressed in white. She draws out her memories in perfect detail. She doesn’t say word to anybody as she sits there and draws. She listens to you, but she won’t say a word.
Every time I visit Roselynn I tell her everything about the town in which we grew up in, and that when she gets out she can come live with me. Before the end of the visit she always says “I can only see myself in the mirror. I’d love to know what others think of the world’s greatest mind now. Am I that insane?”
I would take her in my arms, and then give her one kiss on the lips. Tell her that everything be okay. That we would start a new life of joy.

The world can be cruel, and can be forgiving. My Roselynn…sucked in by the deal that her father had made with the Mafia. To forever be in the darkness, but her father had gone back on it. So it started the insanity of Roselynn when she had been shot in the head that night. It gave birth to a monster that should have never been.
Roselynn had killed a total of 34 people in America just to cover up the deal that her father had made, and had killed 199 people in Russia by Gabe’s doing. She held fear of them, and I could understand why.
Beware…Roselynn is Roselynn. An unpredictable wild fire with lots of things to think about. She once held love, but then turned into the monster she had become. She used her abilities to protect herself of the past, but to also destroy the past. She used them when Gabe told her, and so I say Roselynn you are one unpredictable wild fire. Going about your business to try to escape the past. If you had just talked about it years back then maybe you would be able to smile. But I do not know anymore.
I am just as lost as she is.”

Chapter 17
“I often wonder what it be like if Roselynn did get help long time ago. I wonder if she would be able to smile, and to laugh like she use to. That she could light up the whole room when she walked in and that nobody would frown when they looked into her eyes. I wonder if that if she got help…then maybe she would be a happy person. But I cannot say for sure.
The moment the gun was fired on her joy her smile froze as she slowly took in everything that once was, and was to become. That she knew what that smoking gun meant, but her eyes…oh Roselynn’s eyes. Her beautiful eyes of hers…they didn’t want to believe reality. They didn’t want to believe what lay on the floor, what touched her skin when she fell to the floor. The smell of it, and the very words that her ears had heard. Oh…Roselynn’s eyes were taken in reality slowly so that her smile would be seen one last time as she went into a miracle comma. Maybe her eyes didn’t want the joy to disappear because they knew all of her joy that she had been through. That if she dropped her smile then maybe she would never be happy. It was a reaction too late when her eyes fooled her not when she woke to the hospital lights. Her body aching to see it for her eyes needed proof of the horror that had been before her. Her memory not to fail her, and if it did she would just be reminded about it day in and day out. And when her eyes saw the coffins, and one dead man sleeping forever…her eyes broke to the truths. That her eyes could bear no more. That her eyes were finally forced to face the truth. MUCH TOO LATE TO FACE REALITY.
Her actions speaking too late. Her mind telling her what to do just a lot too late because when she ran…that’s the reaction she should have had when the men looked at her. Her mind frozen in the dark truths forever when she was forced to face it all. IT WAS MUCH TOO LATE.
But can you not see? Even the happiest and most powerful people have their breaking points. Roselynn grew to become the most intelligent person in the world. Because of her intelligence it makes her by far the most powerful person in the world. But she never was after power, or intelligence. It was her past that she was running from, her past that she was after, but she was only after a sweet dream that she could no longer hold. If she wanted something she went and got it. She never abused her power because she held no hate for the world. She only hated those who bid her wrong.
Even the most powerful people have something to hide. Even they fear something that makes them go insane, and do wrong. Even the innocent are bathing in the blood of the guilty. It doesn’t matter who you are…but even the innocent are bathing in the blood of the guilty, and the guilty are bathing in the blood of the innocent. Can’t you see? It is how the world works to make it equal, and livable. Without doing so…what would this world be? There is no such thing as perfect.

Actions speak louder than words. People seek power over love. Even the most intelligent people reach their breaking point.
Even her heart was beating in ice.
LET YOU NOT FORGET .”