The Fall Of Evil

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

The Struggle

I slowly gained consciousness again and opened my eyes. Everything around me was fuzzy and I blinked quickly a few times. Finally I could see again and I looked around me. I was lying on a hard floor, the walls had no corners and the ceiling was so far above me I couldn't see it. There was a single light in the room but the darkness surrounding it was so thick it was barely visible. I sat up and instantly regretted it. My head started spinning and I nearly lost consciousness again. I flopped back down to the floor and cracked my head against the concrete. Blood began to flow slowly from my head onto the floor and I quickly threw my hands onto the cut. Blood oozed through my fingers for a moment then stopped as the cut healed back together. I heard a bolt click and watched as the wall in front of me revealed a door. The woman stepped through and closed it quickly behind her.
"Oh good you're awake. I was beginning to think I was going to have to revive you myself." The woman said when she saw me. She stood on the other side of the room near the door and appraised me. Then her nostrils flared. "Your head. I'm guessing you hit it when you nearly lost consciousness from sitting up?" The woman laughed, it was high pitched and reverberated off the walls.
"Where am I?" I asked struggling to stand up. Finally my will won out over the woman's control and I was able to without blacking out. My strength began to return quickly and I stretched my stiff muscles.
"You are deep underground." The woman said backing towards the door.
I took a step forward and held out my hand. "Wait. I promise not to attack just please, tell me who you are." I said, I knew she believed me because she stopped moving toward the door and truly looked at me.
"I am the hunter. But my name is Zara." The woman said, her voice was full of caution and wariness.
My eyes widened, "Z-Zara? As in the Princess Zara?" I asked. I'd heard of her but I'd never before seen her. My father spoke of her with something close to admiration when I was younger. The woman just nodded. I stared at her then slowly bent to one knee. "I am sorry for running before princess." I whispered, then without warning I attacked. She was not Zara, Zara wore a white dress and had long white hair according to my father. And she never, never attacked the Others. Her sister, Jezebel, though believed the Others, such as myself, were demons here to take her back to the Hell she belongs to. I could feel the evil rolling off of her as soon as she stepped into the room. I had the advantage when I attacked because she was pinned against a wall. When I leaped I felt my hands curl in and my teeth sharpened. Before she could move I was in front of her and my claws wrapped around her arms pinning her in place. Unfortunately she broke free of my grasp and dashed to the other side of the room. I followed but she threw me against the opposite side just as a pinned her again. I fell to the floor and felt myself shifting back to normal. I glared up at her and slowly climbed to my feet. She stood calmly across from me then crossed into the middle of the floor.
"If you want a fight then we'll have a fight." She said, her voice was low and menacing. I jumped and landed behind her before she could move. I quickly grabbed her neck and snapped it, her head spun completely around to face me. I dropped my hands and watched as her body collapsed in on itself and fell to the floor, then I crossed back over to where the door was and banged lightly. It swung open on a hinge and I walked out slowly. A guard stood on the other side and when he saw me he froze, then he saw Jezebel's body.
His mouth opened and closed like a fishes then finally he said, "You killed her. She's dead." I nodded and waited fro him to attack but instead he fell to his knees before me. "Thank you. Thank you for getting rid of the evil in this sacred castle." He said holding his hands together in a prayer type of way. I didn't say anything but instead strode past him and up the stairs at the end of the hall. I opened the door above my head when I reached the top and stepped out into the sun. Rosella stood there facing away from me.
"What are you doing here?" I asked when I saw her. She turned and smiled at me.
"I came to thank you for saving my mother. I heard the fight below and decided to wait before I tried to free you." She said smiling.
I smiled back. "You're welcome about your mother. Thank you for not getting involved, I would've been very upset if you had gotten hurt." I said placing a hand on her shoulder. I barely knew this girl but already I was protecting her. That was my job, to protect people.
She looked up at me, "Will you come back to my hut?" She asked. I nodded and together we ran all the way back to the woods near the stream and up into the trees to where her mother was waiting with a warm meal and a bed. That night and for many nights after that I slept without any worries.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

LoveLiveLife said...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 2:18 am:
I have just started to read this and I love it. it is so amazing.. xD

s.richards replied...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:34 am :
thank you.

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:37 am:
wow!!! it is so awesome!! love it! keep it up!

s.richards replied...
Jan. 11, 2012 at 1:52 pm :
thank you. :)