The Fall Of Evil

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

The Capture

The day went by in a blur of trees. I ran nonstop for a few hours before finally my body forced me to stop. I made sure I was alone before jumping up into another tree, these branches were thin and more rounded than the other ones. As I sat there I closed my eyes and let my other senses take over. I concentrated most on what I could hear. There was a stream about a mile off the trail and I could hear the lapping of deer as the slowly drank from it. My mouth watered slightly as I heard the pitter-patter of their fast beating hearts and I slowly stood up. I was just about to start jumping when I hear the soft footfall of someone running. The heart beat was fast but measured. I took a deep breath through my nose and my eyes flew open. It was the woman. She must have tracked my scent through the woods. So much for eating a real meal. I thought as I took off again, this time I stayed to the trees though. She was maybe three miles away when I reached the stream. The deer whipped their heads up and took off running when they caught my scent. I was a predator and they were supposed to be my prey but that stupid woman had to get in the way. Suddenly she was in front of me. I lunged backward away from her and fell. I landed softly on the ground, not making a sound. She was on top of me in a second. Her hands wrapped themselves around my neck and her thumbs pressed against my esophagus as hard as they could, trying to strangle me. I threw my hands behind me and grabbed her shoulders then without any effort at all I threw her into the stream. It was deeper than I thought because when she landed she began to sink but she recovered quickly.
"Why do you fight me Ashira? You will fail in your quest. You are nothing but a weak boy who had their head filled with lies." The woman said walking at human speed out of the stream. She stopped a few feet away and stood there watching me.
I stood there watching her as well and suddenly I felt all the energy and strength in my body seep away. "What did you do to me?!" I screamed as I fell to my knees. The world began to spin and me eyes got heavy. I fell forward and laid face down on the grass. I heard her laugh as I slowly lost consciousness.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

LoveLiveLife said...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 2:18 am
I have just started to read this and I love it. it is so amazing.. xD

s.richards replied...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:34 am
thank you.

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:37 am
wow!!! it is so awesome!! love it! keep it up!

s.richards replied...
thank you. :)