The Fall Of Evil

Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

The Escape

It was nearly dawn when I jerked awake and leaped into a crouch. A low and menacing growl escaped me before I could stop it. Rosella leaned back onto her heels and stared at me, her eyes never left mine. She had a lot of courage within her but even I could smell the fear she was trying to hide.
"Good morning to you too." She said smiling. I groaned and relaxed back onto the branch.
"What are you doing here?" I asked struggling to control my anger.
She held out a bowl, "I brought you breakfast. You said you wanted to leave early so you could get rid of the woman." She answered matter-of-factly. I nodded and took the bowl, it was the same soup she had given me last night but I wasn't complaining.
I quickly drained the bowl and handed it back to her. "Thank you. I have to go now." I said standing up. I looked down to make sure the woman was still asleep and then prepared to jump when Rosella's hand fell upon my arm.
"Please wait. My mother," She hesitated. "My mother is sick and I can't take care of her myself. I need to get her down from here so I can help her. Please Ashira." She finished, her voice was desperate and much different from the voice the night before. I hesitated, I needed to go but I couldn't just leave this poor girl when her mother was sick. Finally I nodded. "Thank you." She said earnestly then started jumping up the tree. I followed her slowly until she reached the hut and stepped inside. I followed her through the hut, which was about the size of the first floor of my house, and into a room in the back. The room was dimly lit but I immediately saw the woman lying on the bed. She was maybe three years older than I. I could see the sweat drenching her face and matting her hair. Her skin was covered in blotches as though someone had put cheetah spots on her. Rosella knelt beside her bed and whispered, "Don't worry mother, someone is here to help you." I walked over, pulling my long sleeves down as I did. Carefully I picked the woman up and walked back outside. I tightened my grip as I jumped back down the tree then hesitated when I reached the last branch. The woman was still below me but I had no other way down. Finally I jumped but made sure I would land in the clearing on the other side of the path. Rosella was behind me until then. I turned when I landed and watched her jump to the ground beside the woman and then run over to where I stood. I gently set her mother on the ground and stepped away.
"Thank you." Rosella said when she reached me.
I nodded and whispered, "I have to go now. Be careful and get her some help." Then I took off running.
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

LoveLiveLife said...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 2:18 am
I have just started to read this and I love it. it is so amazing.. xD

s.richards replied...
Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:34 am
thank you.

Surobhi_Moitrayee said...
Jan. 10, 2012 at 12:37 am
wow!!! it is so awesome!! love it! keep it up!

s.richards replied...
thank you. :)